Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 45 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Emu":349eiv8j said:
Has it been confirmed that he has signed an 18 month deal with Fleetwood? I couldn't see anything to confirm the length of the contract.

The Fleetwood Twitter account confirmed it as 18 months, unfortunately.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Moleman":3v7nxdf2 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3v7nxdf2 said:
IJN":3v7nxdf2 said:
He only did it because he couldn't buy Blackpool.

I do wonder if that will now change. Let his train set go and buy the club he supports.

I would imagine it's a real tempting idea.

Doesn't Pilley's company have their offices within Fleetwood's stadium? Selling up could be awkward.

It could be but doesn't have to be, I think most people missed my post on page 47. He does have his offices at the ground but there is enough land around Bloomfield road to do the same and Blackpool have also got extensive hospitality facilities. Now while we are being out competed by Fleetwood at the moment, I'm pretty sure when our own hospitality is brought up to scratch that it will provide a better revenue stream.

Now if only someone could build an office block at or near Home Park belonging to the club and charge an exorbitant rent to a sitting tenant...... :think:

One problem there...... Argyle don't own that land anymore. It was mortgaged away and lost by previous owners so that exorbitant rent won't go into club coffers.

Aug 2, 2011
oddball":3u0biq8c said:
Presto":3u0biq8c said:
The drive time from Plymouth to Leeds is 5 hours. From Fleetwood to Leeds is 1and half hours. So you play at home park have a shower get changed, jump in the car and drive to Leeds arriving around 11 pm assuming no hold ups or stops for a break. The next day Sunday you leave home at midday and get to your digs in Plymouth around 5 or 6. Having spent about 5/6 waking hours with your family. Alternatively you stay an extra night in Leeds and leave home at 5.00 am to get to home park for training at 10.00am.

Some people need to get real - this is not a 19/20 yearold unattached lad who can play the Plymouth field (god help them) but a 30+ married man with family. Why would he not want to be nearer his family. Also not a single person on here knows what Fleetwood are paying him. To trot out statements to say that they are paying more than we offerred is to use common parlancce fake news - you do not know.

and neither do you....Toums was/may have been staying in Leeds most of the week and only coming to Plymouth on match days for all you know...and if Argyle had offered more money and stuck to that arrangement then maybe he would have stayed until the end of the season...

No you are wrong - I saw him training here. The likelihood of any manager agreeing a player only turns up on match day is simply bananas.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I don't get why people are getting so annoyed by this. He was good, but not THAT good. He did a great job while he was here, but he is certainly not irreplaceable. Onward!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
jespafc":130az0cl said:
I don't get why people are getting so annoyed by this. He was good, but not THAT good. He did a great job while he was here, but he is certainly not irreplaceable. Onward!

Exactly jes!

Some of the comments on this are ridiculous.

Leeds to Fleetwood = 2 hours, tops on the M62.

He's home with his family every night - good luck to him.

I took a pay CUT when I changed jobs. I was getting home to my kids every other weekend and I hated it.

Why is it so bloody difficult for some of you to get your heads around the fact that for some people, their families DO come before Plymouth Argyle!

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Andy_S":1rz44pwb said:
jespafc":1rz44pwb said:
Why is it so bloody difficult for some of you to get your heads around the fact that for some people, their families DO come before Plymouth Argyle!

Because we're football fans and we're all idiots thats why! Why else would be a football fan?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Andy_S":2jg59in1 said:
jespafc":2jg59in1 said:

Exactly jes!

Some of the comments on this are ridiculous.

Leeds to Fleetwood = 2 hours, tops on the M62.

He's home with his family every night - good luck to him.

I took a pay CUT when I changed jobs. I was getting home to my kids every other weekend and I hated it.

I think the posts on here make it easy to identify who have families and who doesn't.

Dec 29, 2011
If he made the decision for his family I have no issues with that.From apurely selfish point of view I wish he had stayed.I just thank him for rescuing our season that was in freefall .Also apart from Blackpool away I don't think he ever warranted less than 7 out of ten for anyperformance .No disrepect but seening Sarcevic and Ness in tandem was pretty soul destroying

Oct 31, 2015
pedro91":1j03auau said:
Firewood expect a couple of their "star" players to be snapped up in this transfer window so signing TD might placate their fans

Fleetwood star players?

Do they have any?