Drainage Problem/No Contract signed. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drainage Problem/No Contract signed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
tonycholwell":1nc81zi4 said:
IJN":1nc81zi4 said:
Drainage issue? Is there one? If there is, I doubt very much if JB is in discussions with anyone about it. Tony Hopwood would, I'm sure, deal with anything even considered an 'issue', which there probably isn't.

Absolutely correct Ian, JB has Tony Hopwood in position to do such jobs.

However, 8 months after planning permission was granted and even longer from when TH spoke to planning and would have been advised of such matters. More recently he has been back to PCC and yet still PCC are not satisfied about drainage, as Im guessing, are SWW.

So it is no surprise we are where we are. Time is marching on, it was known last year what had to be done and still we await progress.

Kentish Green I think you are being a little naughty, the drainage issue is not rumour it is a fact. My advice is don't listen to rumours, stick to facts.

I wonder if all those people who thought it benevolent of Akkeron to put in a joint application are so disposed today?

The changing rooms and supporters bars due to be completed, originally for the start of the season (2018/19) are a long distant memory.

The work that has been carried out, was preparatory and subject to a separate contract but to date the actual contract for the refurbishment of the Grandstand and the new extension are still awaited. GL Events seem to be in pole position but can't agree a contract for the work.

And all the time costs rise. The original ÂŁ6 million to include the roof will not be enough for what was proposed. Therefore we either will face cutbacks or someone will need to raise the cash. It is clear SH has the cash but equally as clear JB does not wish to water down his 50.1% holding.

It is sad the supporters forum did not go ahead, but equally, it is sadder the promised answers to questions posed have not been made available.

Tony, your posts contradict themselves.

Firstly..

. My advice is don't listen to rumours, stick to facts.

And then ...
It is clear SH has the cash but equally as clear JB does not wish to water down his 50.1% holding.

And then...

don't think I have said he is blocking SH, nor said it was a fact, I have said it is clear, which is my opinion and written as such.

So are you presenting your opinion as fact or is your opinion now a rumour?
And if it's a fact that it's ... 'clear JB does not wish to water down his 50.1% holding' ... can you supply some evidence of this for everyone?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I try to give evidence to facts Posty as I have in previous posts. It is my opinion that JB doesn't wish to lose his control.

It is difficult when people faced with official papers on the Planning Portal and accounts at Companies House still consider them rumours or open to interpretation. I am sure you have encountered this yourself.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ok thanks. Just a rumour then.

Aug 5, 2015
Or a Pasoti fact not an actual fact. Actual facts tend to get in the way of someone’s point of view. Interesting that these “facts” don’t seem to have been investigated and proven or not by the local media whether that be paper, radio or TV. Instead we have to rely on the Westcounry’s answer to Alan Rusbridger to provide us with all the answers.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Tony's just trying to give an alternative view. In a polite non personal way.

So why try to shut him down so quick, PASOTI has an image as over sanitised, try not to prove their point.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Stuart House":280u56pu said:

So why try to shut him down so quick, PASOTI has an image as over sanitised, try not to prove their point.

I was asked for facts, in particular, the drainage issue, so I gave the reference on the Planning Portal, https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 481077.pdf This is from Andy Cottam who is the principal Civil Engineer for PCC where he lays out some history and why he can not recommend the Condition 19 has been satisfied.

I was also asked if I had looked at the accounts. Those available are up to the 31.12.2016. Those covering the period up to 31.12.2017 are due to be published on the 30th September 2018. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07796376

It is also a fact work has not started on the construction of the Supporters Bars/Changing Rooms. I wonder if we will hear anything about that this week let alone getting the drainage sorted. It is a fact this has been known about for 5 years!

KG you may still consider this all rumours still but I think most people will recognise a Fact when they see one.

As I have said elsewhere i am a fully paid up ST holder who, sorry Stu, doesn't want to spend any more time than necessary in the Lyndhurst.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tony. I don't frequent the sewers you belong to, I assume you do that because it's in a way, part of your day job.

However, I had a few calls last week that one of them, or it may have been both, were full of the 'fact' that JB was about to be booted and the club was to have a massive infusion of cash.

I also noticed that the same 'people' were hitting the Herald comments section with the same garbage.

Do you perhaps think that this 'JB is loathed to give up his 50.1% holding' is an extension of this thought process? I checked the lunar calendar last week and there seemed to be no obvious reason why your new friends were baying in such a manner.

I would be amazed if the drainage situation will not be cleared up soon, and again I'm confused why this has caused so much hope in other places. Possibly because it would mean they could say 'I told you so' in a very loud collective voice.

Perhaps you can explain with all your new found and deep rooted expertise in the construction industry, why a minor drain blip could cause a delay in the signing of the contract with GL.

From memory, weren't we have problems with the 'traffic flow' this would obviously cause 6 months delay. What was it 10 days at most? The same experts said the parking wouldn't be passed. Was it? Then there was a meeting where JB was to have attended for failing to obtain all the necessary permissions, how did that one go? Remind us if you would.

I have now heard that some people from at least one of the sites you frequent, are using the photographs from GoS to hit PCC around the head with. Like 'Hello my name is Richard Lancaster (I made that one up like Paul Thomas seems to on a daily basis) and I have noticed from the photographs that Plymouth Argyle have gone ahead with the piles despite not having permission to do so' etc etc etc.

Our Andy S, once got hammered for saying something like 'I bet you really got your rocks off hearing that', and there was an outcry from about 5 people on here for him saying what a lot of thought. Well let me endorse what Andy said, I would imagine a few (twenty in total) are creaming themselves over this hiatus.

I wish, for many reasons, that this presses on without delay, BUT the big reason for me is to prove you NAGS wrong. You guys are lusting over this problem, really really enjoying it in your own perverse way.

'I'm a Grandstand ticket holder so I have an interest in this' - Rowlocks pure unadulterated rowlocks. You lot love ever minute of this it makes you feel empowered. Most decent normal fans would be mightily peed off if this doesn't go ahead, you guys would walk around with a smirk on your faces.

There, I've said it now, and I'm glad I've got that off my chest.

Feel free to post on here as often as you (now) want, but don't expect an easy ride. This site supports PAFC, it does not try to hinder it with dirty tricks and innuendo.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart House":2l533qup said:

No one is knocking his delivery Stu, it's the reasons behind it that some (very much including me) that's being questioned.

As for shutting him down, no one is, some of us are simply questioning the reason why.

As for 'sanitised' if that means no use of the word paedo, or bringing people's children into or sticking stupid stickers on people's personal property, then guilty as accused.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd also ask Tony, what Akkeron being involved has to do with this?

The drainage condition only applies to HP and not the 'Western Gateway', so I don't quite see the relevance.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Tony is a sceptic - but I certainly wouldn't lump him in with the main protagonists on other sites. Far from it. I'd share a beer with Tony I wouldn't share a room with some of the others.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
At this point, I think we just need an official line to cut through all the arguing. Even if it’s just ‘yes there’s an issue with the drainage and we’re doing x, y and z to deal with it’. Or of course there could be no issue at all.

The rumours/facts/concerns/whatever the hell they are, are no longer confined to the usual conspiracy driven places and need clearing up.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Biggs":1spj9w91 said:
At this point, I think we just need an official line to cut through all the arguing. Even if it’s just ‘yes there’s an issue with the drainage and we’re doing x, y and z to deal with it’. Or of course there could be no issue at all.

The rumours/facts/concerns/whatever the hell they are, are no longer confined to the usual conspiracy driven places and need clearing up.
Wise words. The club would do well to heed this advice - it's pretty simple.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Biggs":2bpkf684 said:

That's what they should have done with the blog last week. Not randomly talk about what goes on in a 'control room'. As nice a shipping container as it is.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart House":hj1syvir said:
Tony is a sceptic - but I certainly wouldn't lump him in with the main protagonists on other sites. Far from it. I'd share a beer with Tony I wouldn't share a room with some of the others.

As I have. :greensmile: I've even eaten a rather wonderful couple of 24 hour pork baps in his garden in a very, very balmy summer's evening. He claimed to have cooked it, but I reckon his wife Lyn did. :greensmile:

He does like to wallow in the sewers though.

I don't even regard Tony as a sceptic, he just loves to be around 'trouble'. It's his way.