Drainage Problem/No Contract signed. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drainage Problem/No Contract signed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart House":2qajjpoh said:
Biggs":2qajjpoh said:
At this point, I think we just need an official line to cut through all the arguing. Even if it’s just ‘yes there’s an issue with the drainage and we’re doing x, y and z to deal with it’. Or of course there could be no issue at all.

The rumours/facts/concerns/whatever the hell they are, are no longer confined to the usual conspiracy driven places and need clearing up.

That's what they should have done with the blog last week. Not randomly talk about what goes on in a 'control room'. As nice a shipping container as it is.

Stuart, I have no idea what you do for a day job, but I reckon that IF there is something 'spikey' around, the very LAST thing you'd do is to talk about it on a blog.

May 16, 2016
Stuart House":3to6ment said:
Biggs":3to6ment said:
At this point, I think we just need an official line to cut through all the arguing. Even if it’s just ‘yes there’s an issue with the drainage and we’re doing x, y and z to deal with it’. Or of course there could be no issue at all.

The rumours/facts/concerns/whatever the hell they are, are no longer confined to the usual conspiracy driven places and need clearing up.

That's what they should have done with the blog last week. Not randomly talk about what goes on in a 'control room'. As nice a shipping container as it is.

Agree, its what I said earlier in another thread (although it looks like they've been merging stuff again). No matter how painful the real situation is or what light anybody's portrayed in, at least give a proper update and stop the the online conspiracies / rumour mills taking over from the truth.

We're only a few clicks away from placing James Brent on a grassy knoll.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
IJN":29txfn62 said:
Stuart House":29txfn62 said:
Biggs":29txfn62 said:

Stuart, I have no idea what you do for a day job, but I reckon that IF there is something 'spikey' around, the very LAST thing you'd do is to talk about it on a blog.

If there were rumours flying around that potentially damaged the brand I work for we would put together a statement to say 'all is fine and on track'. Happens more than I'd like to be fair. lol

Feb 17, 2017
Completely agree the club should release an official statement in terms of what if any issues there are. People have access to information that has been made public on the planning portal, this is then open to interpretation, a simple statement could clarify this and stop all the arguing. Surely all everyone wants is the truth and transparency. The Herald releasing a completely uninformative article that still shows pictures of the grandstand with corners filled in stating "this is how it will look" is frankly embarrassing, either at best poor journalism or at worst propaganda.

Argyle and the Herald are not helping themselves in all this and just feeding any rumours by either lack of information or not sticking to what was intialling promised;
Contract to be signed by mid june - no clarification on this
Fans Meeting postponed - due to lack of interest - find that hard to believe
All questions to be answered as of a week ago on the official site - no answers been given to date

All this is about as transparent as a muddy puddle, and could so easily be rectified

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can you not see?

IF there's an issue, whether it be drainage, contract or a management by out (just quoting rumours that abound) why on earth would our board/management make any statement until the issue is sorted?

Where else in business would this happen? Unless of course you are PotUS on Twitter.

May 22, 2006
Catch 22 situation for the club.

If they respond to these rumours then they're giving the bottom-feeders the time of day, and I'm pretty sure Brent is already sick of doing that. The freaks will know they've got his attention and very soon it'll be another set of rumours. Please don't be do naïve as to think that answering these rumours will be the end of the matter. Every spit and cough is going to be analysed to the nth degree, and then twisted into ugly misshapen forms, by people with nothing better to do. Twas always thus.

However if they don't respond then they'll be accused of naval-gazing. They'll be convicted on the basis of their silence, as this thread proves.

Rather like this business with the control room. People don't like the temp structure because it looks so...temp. Put a permanent structure in and people lose their heads because it means they're not doing the corners any time soon. It's no bleddy wonder they don't talk to us.

Aug 5, 2015
Why. We are not shareholders. We have no financial interest in the club. The club doesn’t need to tell us anything. Did the club tell us it was facing bankruptcy and administration before it became obvious.

The only fact I know is that there have been no improvements to the grandstand in living memory. Very little has been done to improve our training facilities and infrastructure in recent years. We now have a board who want to see all of this improved and have stumped up large amounts of cash to make it happen. Those are actual facts not rumour or innuendo.
Yet we have amongst our fan base a number of people who seem to delight in telling us this is all a pile of crap and would love it if it indeed turned out to be a pile of crap. These people should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone’s entitled to a view but do we have to glory in every setback real or imagined? Do we have to make up stories about those who are trying more than their predecessors ever did? #IrememberNormanPiper

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Kentishgreen":161abkqf said:
I think some people have an over exaggerated level of expectation and are in severe need of a reality check.
Firstly what company, private or public, anywhere in the world provides its shareholders and any other interested parties with a blow by blow account of its day to day activities? Most of us are not shareholders or have any financial link with PAFC. Therefore we are not entitled to know anything and the club doesn’t need to tell us anything.
The unfortunate side effect is that this creates a vacuum in which rumours abound. This weeks rumours include -

there is no finance
Brent is being ousted
There is a drainage problem
John Pearce refused to lend his grey mare to Uncle Tom Cobbley and all

I think the drainage issue has been alluded to in the club’s recent blog. Perhaps the club doesn’t respond to these other rumours because they are just that and it’s beneath the club’s dignity. It’s also of course entirely possible that most of the club’s staff are required to take most of their holidays in May, June and July so maybe there haven’t been too many people around.

I think the time to start getting worried is next May. If there’s no sign of cranes and wrecking balls then we’re in trouble.

For the record I’m not pro or anti Brent. I’m just pi$$ed off with people who think they have a God given right to know the ins and outs of a cat’s ...
Tom Pearce

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I agree that the club have no obligation to update the fans on everything, but I feel as if this development is so huge for us and the concerns now getting mainstream enough for us to get some clarification. Certainly on the drainage issue (or non-issue) on the Plymouth Planning portal.

The club have built a whole new website for regular updates, so I'd say it's fairly reasonable to get a quick bit of reassurance. If you look at the (almost literally) microscopic detail that Spurs fans are following the new White Hart Lane build, then you'll see that this isn't a uniquely Argyle impulse to know what's going on. Especially when the grandstand has had so many false starts.

At least if there is any concern, then I think for most of us it comes from a good place in badly wanting this thing to happen, and not a malicious place in taking great pleasure at the possibility of it going mammaries up.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
There are a very small handful that want to see it go completely mammaries up.

Most of us (me included) just want to see it built so we no longer have to stare at an empty terrace from the Lyndhurst.

IF there's a delay that is all id like to know. I know sod all about drainage and don't really want to.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Ian, its good to know I continue to receive a warm welcome here, a forum I have been a member of for 12+years

Perhaps the mode of welcome, inferring I inhabit sewers; I am “the proverbial fly around s**t”; “harbinger of doom” perhaps could have been a little warmer.

I would also like to say I am neither responsible for what others write or think. I am and always have been independent of mind. I choose what to write having mulled it over.

It is no use asking me why JB has not signed a contract with GL Events, although I am sure that would have been raised had the planned fans forum not been postponed.

However, the issue is about drainage, which has been known about for 5 years. I
I am sure even you have thought how this extra delay may impinge on the final project. To call this a minor blimp begs then why it hasn’t been addressed until now!

Now, “Rowlocks pure unadulterated rowlocks. You lot love ever minute of this it makes you feel empowered. Most decent normal fans would be mightily peed off if this doesn't go ahead, you guys would walk around with a smirk on your faces.

There, I've said it now, and I'm glad I've got that off my chest.

Feel free to post on here as often as you (now) want, but don't expect an easy ride. This site supports PAFC, it does not try to hinder it with dirty tricks and innuendo.”

To repeat so there is no confusion, I want the refurb to go ahead, in full as quickly as possible. There is no “you lot” I will be peed off if this doesn’t go ahead. I tend to only smirk when Argyle score.

I also support Argyle, but increasingly not all the actions taken on its behalf.

Aug 5, 2015
If the drainage issue was known about five years ago, so you say, why was planning permission granted and how come those involved with the project suddenly found it a surprise?

What impact does the drainage “issue” have on the grandstand refurb?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
tonycholwell":2rl2j07m said:
Ian, its good to know I continue to receive a warm welcome here, a forum I have been a member of for 12+years

Perhaps the mode of welcome, inferring I inhabit sewers; I am “the proverbial fly around s**t”; “harbinger of doom” perhaps could have been a little warmer.

For the sake of clarification as I know you like to deal with facts (although you sometimes blur the edges twixt fact and fiction) those words were uttered by me and does not reflect the views of this site. As you well know, anything can be said on here as long as it's within the laws of this country and does not break our site rules.

My inference that ATD and Free Chat are sewers, is purely my view of what they represent. Others may have differing views, but as said, each to their own opinion.

Aug 5, 2016
Kentishgreen":smw61425 said:
Why. We are not shareholders. We have no financial interest in the club. The club doesn’t need to tell us anything. Did the club tell us it was facing bankruptcy and administration before it became obvious.

The only fact I know is that there have been no improvements to the grandstand in living memory. Very little has been done to improve our training facilities and infrastructure in recent years. We now have a board who want to see all of this improved and have stumped up large amounts of cash to make it happen. Those are actual facts not rumour or innuendo.
Yet we have amongst our fan base a number of people who seem to delight in telling us this is all a pile of crap and would love it if it indeed turned out to be a pile of crap. These people should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone’s entitled to a view but do we have to glory in every setback real or imagined? Do we have to make up stories about those who are trying more than their predecessors ever did? #IrememberNormanPiper

You don't need an MBA to realise that customers don't usually take kindly to being treated like mushrooms.

Of course Argyle are entitled to keep their customers in the dark, but it's the same folks paying £20 a game that Argyle want to attract and have at Home Park regularly. Does treating them like lemmings who don't deserve to know about a major stand redevelopment promote supporter inclusion or send out a different message?