Drainage Problem/No Contract signed. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drainage Problem/No Contract signed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Are you saying that wasn't the case Tony????? I will never forget it as I always thought of you differently after that!

As for your expertise, I take it back, I assumed you were being fed, I am obviously wrong. I had forgotten about your Parish Council work. I remember now you were telling me of planing objections in your back garden that night.

I ask again though, what has the hybridisation got to do with the drainage 'problem' and secondly, do you think this 'problem' has delayed the signing of the contract? I would be amazed if that were the case. I can't think why that would effect either 'side'.

May 8, 2011
What seems odd to me are that so many of the people getting worked upped that the development isn’t progressing as quickly as they think it should are the ones that didn’t want it to happen in the first place as they wrote to the Council objecting to the planning application.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Yet again ... no communication .... hence the "stuff" all over the net. It's not rocket science !!

May 8, 2011
nikkk":35kjlsl6 said:
Yet again ... no communication .... hence the "stuff" all over the net. It's not rocket science !!

You assume there is something to communicate, because the internet says there is?
So if the Club came out with a statement that the works will be completed within the planned times scale that would stop all the nonsense elsewhere, simple really.

The stuff all over the internet is being generated by a few individuals talking and agreeing with themselves, and is more prominent because of the lack of football, once football starts for real as they don’t talk about football unless Argyle lose it will get subsumed in talk about players and matches.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
HC Green":3ncx90yw said:
nikkk":3ncx90yw said:

You assume there is something to communicate, because the internet says there is?
So if the Club came out with a statement that the works will be completed within the planned times scale that would stop all the nonsense elsewhere, simple really.

Simple PR should be active and respond to this level of speculation in my opinion. That's all.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
nikkk":3p6gxzwa said:
HC Green":3p6gxzwa said:
nikkk":3p6gxzwa said:

Simple PR should be active and respond to this level of speculation in my opinion. That's all.

Maybe it's a delicate situation and the club can't comment in public at this current time?

May 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":29z5khiv said:
nikkk":29z5khiv said:
HC Green":29z5khiv said:
nikkk":29z5khiv said:

Maybe it's a delicate situation and the club can't comment in public at this current time?

You've said this about three times and nobody acknowledged you so I will.

Yes, there could be any number of reasons why the club haven't commented.

"This level of speculation" is currently an eight-page back-and-forth on here and a few of the usual noisy children on freechat. Hardly "who shot JR?".

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":3dsuvb5l said:
nikkk":3dsuvb5l said:
HC Green":3dsuvb5l said:
nikkk":3dsuvb5l said:

It obviously is a delicate situation ... but silence is not helping. I fight our corner as you know but this is becoming a tad awkward !!

May 3, 2016
Wow 98 post on drainage - lets hope we don't get relegated as that will be a serious talking point.

It's a delay agreed by all, surely if it goes past the agreed delivery date of August 2019 then we should all be on here moaning, until then lets get over it.

We must trust the men in suites to sort this out, and I am sure they will, they are successful business men.

What is the alternative another day on here moaning about something out of our control.

Oddball for president.
:funny:

May 16, 2016
I've read that we're all going to be aghast at the first home game of the Season to see that the Grandstand is still there and not semi completed. I hope I'm not alone in that I never expected to see much change outside of the Seats and bits and bobs removal come the first Home game. Having spent a large part of one career expecting and seeing Projects slip right, I would not be too underwhelmed if there's not much obvious change as viewed from the Lyndhurst come August.

If any delays are likely to push the intended repopulation of the Grandstand out as far as creating logistical problems the Season after next, then It seems only fair that the Club give some form of heads up. However, it is some way off, and things change. As for being ready for some proposed US visit, I'm not bothered by that in the slightest, being ready for a sustained crack at the Championship is my priority, not who's 'the Daddy now then' arguments over drains and the ability to read and comprehend Planning Documents.

We could all go online to our individual virtual safe place and comfort blankets, dredge up old arguments or stories and rumours from yesteryear, but none of that is getting the Stadium completed.

Aug 5, 2015
I don’t think the problem has anything to do with drainage or contracts. The problem is that some people like to present rumour and opinion as if they were fact and others just like to make up stories. How the club is expected to respond to complete and utter dross is beyond me.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
My only interest as a fare paying passenger is the line up and result on August 4th and the drain on my pension. :twisted: :twisted:

Aug 5, 2005
God have I had enough of this. We are in a bubble here...if the club released a statement about drains, 99% of supporters would be "WTF - why are they telling me about drains?".

And where does it stop? Do we need a press release to deny that photos of the control room were photoshopped?

Looking back, the plan was to have the Mayflower ready for the 2020 celebrations. So if it slips a couple of months from August 19, who cares? Most construction projects slip a few weeks.

The one thing that annoys me more than anything - Brent will sell eventually, and a nice new stand will make it easier for him to do so. The ones who are going all out to try to derail the works are actually extending Brand's tenure at the club. We should all be behind the project for the good of the club and to enable it to move on

I don't know why people can't understand this

Aug 17, 2005
Anybody who has had the dubious pleasure of smelling the old grandstand toilets over the years would realise there is drainage problems somewhere in the system. There is probably decades of tish to unblock somewhere