EFL Team of the Week - Mike Cooper | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL Team of the Week - Mike Cooper

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Daz":8z3mzjzf said:
Pottypilgrim":8z3mzjzf said:
Tbf, stats don't lie. You cannot dispute the fact that x amount of shots were made, x amount were on target etc, etc. The problem with stats is that they don't give you any context whatsoever and that is one reason why I am not a fan of them when it comes to using them as a recruitment tool. I imagine the context may well be provided by people that work in this field and it obviously works for the major teams in football that are better located geographically for the players and their families but I'm not a believer that it is something that works for us. I think the money we spend on getting all the data collated, interpreted etc could be spent better elsewhere.

:thumbup:

There are some very literal people on here aren't there. Of course stats don't lie, they can't speak. Duhh.

Like hips? :think:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":36jbrth8 said:
Daz":36jbrth8 said:
Pottypilgrim":36jbrth8 said:
Tbf, stats don't lie. You cannot dispute the fact that x amount of shots were made, x amount were on target etc, etc. The problem with stats is that they don't give you any context whatsoever and that is one reason why I am not a fan of them when it comes to using them as a recruitment tool. I imagine the context may well be provided by people that work in this field and it obviously works for the major teams in football that are better located geographically for the players and their families but I'm not a believer that it is something that works for us. I think the money we spend on getting all the data collated, interpreted etc could be spent better elsewhere.

:thumbup:

There are some very literal people on here aren't there. Of course stats don't lie, they can't speak. Duhh.

Like hips? :think:

They can possibly be libellous if incorrect!