European Super League | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

European Super League

Sep 25, 2010
I was thinking about the punishment for the ‘big 6’, clubs.

How about points deduction, starting from next season, similar to clubs who went into administration.

If this ESL went ahead a lot of clubs, would have lost money, and probably gone into admin.

Therefore, thinking a suitable punishment would be to inflict say 20 points on the 6. But on that the big 6, would probably take it to the courts.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The best thing that should have happened was the FA tell the "Super 6" you can go to your "Super league" but as soon as you do you will expelled from the Football league, all your UK players will be banned from their respective international teams, all the players who are on a "Super team" who want to come back to a FA league team they will have to sit out for one year before being allowed back. Any team who wants to come back to the Football league will have to start back at the bottom of the Football Pyramid. Also any more talk of "Super League" the teams will automatically be banned from the FA.

Then see how many want to leave.

Sep 25, 2010
Ottawa Green":3izh5int said:
The best thing that should have happened was the FA tell the "Super 6" you can go to your "Super league" but as soon as you do you will expelled from the Football league, all your UK players will be banned from their respective international teams, all the players who are on a "Super team" who want to come back to a FA league team they will have to sit out for one year before being allowed back. Any team who wants to come back to the Football league will have to start back at the bottom of the Football Pyramid. Also any more talk of "Super League" the teams will automatically be banned from the FA.

OG,

Wouldn’t want to blame the players to much, as they didn’t seem to know anything about it.

It is the owners of the clubs at fault. Therefore if the clubs had points deduction, a lot of the top players would join others.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Should just be an auto fail on the owners and directors test forever.

Problem really is forcing the clubs out of the hands of these money grabbers.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Martyn":3ssjiuee said:
Ottawa Green":3ssjiuee said:

OG,

Wouldn’t want to blame the players to much, as they didn’t seem to know anything about it.

It is the owners of the clubs at fault. Therefore if the clubs had points deduction, a lot of the top players would join others.

I'm sure the players wont complain as i expect their salaries will go way up.

Sep 25, 2010
mervyn":2u607cdn said:
Why should the team management and fans of those clubs be penalised for something they knew nothing about? Far better surely to impose substantial fines on the owners, with the assurance that those fines will double if they ever try it again.

Merv,

These owners are billions, and any fines they could easily afford. (Unless they were mind bogging heavy, and I mean heavy).

The best punishment I think is heavy points deduction, (no less than 20 points), where I think they will lose their best players to other clubs.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":1h0glxg9 said:

None of them wanted to leave the Premier League, they wanted to play in both competitions. The intention was to leave the UEFA competitions. UEFA should give all of them a 12 month ban from Europe but they wont because the Champions League would be so weak without them and have a lot less appeal. UEFA need these clubs in.

Sep 25, 2010
LC

Wouldn’t a points deduction, give them a less chance of qualifying for any UEFA comp, th3y must suffer some sort of punishment.

Mar 18, 2014
Merv, I didn't know anything about Argyle's financial mismanagement and we still got a got a points deduction.

SO why should I give a toss about the "supporters" of this big 6 who have spent their time lording it over others by having rich owners, and running their clubs at a massive debt to get their "success."

"supporters" - because they only support these teams because they are big 6
"success" - some of these teams haven't won a league title for decades