FA Cup - Charlton away | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup - Charlton away

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Princerock said:
Game decided on the day....so no draw value after 90 minutes.....stacked against away teams this year.[/quoteI
I seem to remember you and your family are on a win/win with this draw.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ray61":ea403xay said:
Quintrell_Green":ea403xay said:
gaspargomez":ea403xay said:
What a disappointing draw ! In just about every respect.

If Argyle could get a draw at Anfield, there is no need to be ultra pessimistic about getting a draw at The Valley. Penalties can be a lottery, so there always a chance of progress.

Meaningless to compare our chances at Charlton with getting a draw at Anfield... the only Argyle players from that day still at the club are McCormick and Sawyer!!!

I knew that. There may be even a case for saying the current team is better than DA's team, who gained a draw at Anfield.
The principle still exists.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
davie nine":3uhflclf said:
Princerock":3uhflclf said:
Game decided on the day....so no draw value after 90 minutes.....stacked against away teams this year.[/quoteI

That's true regarding my son and grandson....who were both born in this part of the world.....and as long as they're not playing each other I am quite happy to be supporting Charlton.....a good club and ground.....yet just a few miles away you have the opposite.....Millwall...the atmosphere is so different...even though they've moved from the Cold Blow Lane, New Cross environment years back....(1967 I woz there).
I've sat in the home end in the past with my son... down the Valley when Argyle have won and tried not to obviously smile....and I never wear Argyle green at such a time....there only needs to be one nutter around for trouble to start.

Feb 8, 2005
What's with all the depression about the draw?

Charlton Athletic are not too far ahead of Argyle in the league, and we always play better against better teams.

This is the FA Cup, a one-off game, anything can happen, and probably will.

Jun 27, 2019
I agree with Simon Hallett when he said he only likes draws where we're the overwhelming favourite (Enfield, Fylde etc), or overwhelming underdog (Liverpool, Arsenal etc).

The FA Cup isn't just about your chances of winning games. We have zero chance of winning the thing and it's ties against top-flight or non-league clubs that we all remember, not games against clubs from the same division. Zzzzzz.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Princerock":13dhsicf said:
davie nine":13dhsicf said:
Princerock":13dhsicf said:

That's true regarding my son and grandson....who were both born in this part of the world.....and as long as they're not playing each other I am quite happy to be supporting Charlton.....a good club and ground.....yet just a few miles away you have the opposite.....Millwall...the atmosphere is so different...even though they've moved from the Cold Blow Lane, New Cross environment years back....(1967 I woz there).
I've sat in the home end in the past with my son... down the Valley when Argyle have won and tried not to obviously smile....and I never wear Argyle green at such a time....there only needs to be one nutter around for trouble to start.
Good to know you’ll be supporting Argyle.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Brechin Hedge":r2c9fday said:
does anyone know if the charlton game will be live on ifollow pls?????

It's a Sky Sports production.....although I believe ST holders will see it free.....anyone else will need to have a Sky Sports set-up.... :sad: .

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Lundan Cabbie":1ngl5dr5 said:
Brechin Hedge":1ngl5dr5 said:

On The FA official site regarding TV coverage

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/oct/29/ ... cks-291020
Reading between the lines I think this means that our game won’t be available to watch anywhere at all, paid for or otherwise.

I wonder if the FA might let teams broadcast on their YouTube channels?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Princerock":1fltofje said:
Brechin Hedge":1fltofje said:

It's a Sky Sports production.....although I believe ST holders will see it free.....anyone else will need to have a Sky Sports set-up.... :sad: .

Home ST holders?

How/why would that be? :think:

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Meanwhile I’m delighted to see Ipswich vs Portsmouth will be shown live by the BBC. At last some much-needed media coverage and a bit of TV money for these two modest and under-hyped clubs.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mark_Smith":3nw864f6 said:
Meanwhile I’m delighted to see Ipswich vs Portsmouth will be shown live by the BBC. At last some much-needed media coverage and a bit of TV money for these two modest and under-hyped clubs.

Portsmouth??? That's in Cornwall isn't it?? :think:

Mar 22, 2020
One of my favourite away days ever. 2007 championship Charlton 1 Greens 2. Blake and Hayles the scorers and a bizarre own goal from Mcormick. Timar taking out Todorov with a crunching tackle that might have earned him a red card. Remember thinking look how far we've come and then...