FA Cup Draw. Home to Lincoln | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup Draw. Home to Lincoln

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Home, which is the most important thing regardless of who we're playing. No tiring long trip to put up with.

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
warney":2jc8549l said:
Home, which is the most important thing regardless of who we're playing. No tiring long trip to put up with.

Exactly - would back us to win any home tie in R2.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
1-0 Lincoln (pen.)

Get ready for it, or is their Diver a loanee who may not be allowed to play in the Cup?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
warney":1wkdp2j2 said:

True, although we travel to Fleetwood and Peterborough on Saturday and Tuesday before the Lincoln game.

Edit - Lincoln are away to Accrington and then Swindon so they'll be on the road a fair bit too.

Jun 27, 2019
Another boring tie against an in-form League One club - the draws really haven't been kind to us this year!

Jun 27, 2019
IJN":14abl2yl said:
So, what would have lit your candle Woodsy?

I'm like Simon Hallett in that I like draws where we're either the big favourite or the underdog. The draws that stick in my mind from down the years are Slough, Whitby, Arsenal and Liverpool... games of that ilk.

Draws against sides in the same league doesn't really get me going.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
oddball":3jv8i986 said:
could well be on the telly....good game in prospect...

That’s what I think too. Two of the best sides in the 2nd round of the FA cup...

May 22, 2006
As so often seems to be the case, a totally uninspiring draw. To be drawn against two of the seven teams above us in the league out of a choice of 79 clubs for R1 and R2 is really disappointing.

Lincoln supporters seem even more disappointed than us. Apparently the two previous F A Cup games at Home Park have ended 4-1 and 5-0 in our favour.

Would be amazed if this was chosen to be on tv. Television companies rarely drag down to Plymouth to film and Lincoln lack the pedigree of teams like Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth etc to create an interest. The dozen or so non league teams left will surely be of more interest to neutral viewers than our match.

Lincoln were the better team in the league game but the penalty that turned the game was laughable. The following Saturday they won again with a penalty that was even more ridiculous and had the SSN team shaking their heads. Without so many penalties this season they would be in mid table obscurity.

Probably one of the least interesting ties in the round, although Gillingham v Exeter is even worse.

Sep 3, 2009
I think it's an OK draw. Home to a side of a similar standard, another test and we owe them one for the league game. Big incentive to get to R3. A cup run would be good for us this season.

May 7, 2019
pastiesforlife":22v5xq4b said:
Would be amazed if this was chosen to be on tv. Television companies rarely drag down to Plymouth to film and Lincoln lack the pedigree of teams like Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth etc to create an interest. The dozen or so non league teams left will surely be of more interest to neutral viewers than our match.

Agreed. I reckon the TV companies are far more likely to show Pompey thrashing King's Lynn 8-0 than the Argyle-Lincoln game which is very likely to be the best game of football in round two.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Quiz question. Last time we played Lincoln in the FA cup was on 13th November 2013. A great 5-0 win, with a Reuben Reid hat-trick, although Lincoln were non-league at the time and it was a replay.

The question. Of Argyle's 18 on duty that night, 7 surnames began with the same letter.

Can you name the 7 players? :scarf: