Facade | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Facade

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Princerock":3l2ax82j said:
How on earth can you come to such a ludicrous comment.

Unless you're whooshing us all, calling the facade 'an appalling eyesore with no redeeming features at all' is by far the most ludicrous comment in this thread.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mr Gillingham":1sq3dy5k said:
Surely they can replicate the lettering to look like the original

Possibly. From the sounds JonB is making, they probably will replace the current sign in some way.

I think we need to embrace the retro-ness of everything about this development. Whether that’s signage or something else. Play to the strengths of it and all that, and as a poster above said, there’s a dearth of interesting football stadiums about.

You want fans of clubs with new build grounds to see Home Park and think ‘wow, I wish we had something like this’.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PennyX":2e453g92 said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-argyle-art-deco-facade-1840822

So do you think it was worth saving now?

Jun 5, 2010
Biggs":3m4mdsbg said:
PennyX":3m4mdsbg said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-argyle-art-deco-facade-1840822

So do you think it was worth saving now?
Not the state it was in,but this looks promising

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
So you weren’t previously aware it was being redeveloped into the superstore entrance?

Rightio :lol:

Jun 5, 2010
Biggs":2wissijr said:
So you weren’t previously aware it was being redeveloped into the superstore entrance?

Rightio :lol:
I knew the shop and ticket office was going in behind but it depends what they actually do with the front of the facde itself. ...Biggs why do you always try to ridicule.
Grow up, I'm not on here to argue,itso all about opinions

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't think they're planning to. What needs doing to the front of it?

Would be good if they get the old 'Plymouth Argyle' sign, but other than that, just a lick of paint I would assume.

The clever stuff has/is been done to the back of it, securing its future for another 50/100 years hopefully. It's what they call heritage.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
For fear of being shouted at I’ll stick my head above the parapet..I must admit I think the facade is a bit unsightly.. and whilst certainly nostalgic I’d rather we got rid of it..

Only my opinion.. and I’m no youngster either having supported the club 39 years.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You're entitled to your opinion of course.

Would you like the Barbican to be levelled and have new Millbay type buildings whilst we're at it?

How about knocking down St Paul's Cathedral and chucking up a Mega KFC?

It's all about taste and opinion.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Unsightly... :banghead: :crazy:

It’s Art Deco. It was built in 1936. It’s unique, beautiful and iconic. What the hell are you two (Penny and JIC) on about?

I need a lie down :lol:

Jun 5, 2010
Biggs your on a wind up.It did look good back in the day before the first redevelopment, but times move on