Gaming thread | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gaming thread

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Any gamers here in pasotiland? (I dislike the term gamer, and it’s taken me nearly 30yrs to accept that maybe I am one)

I’m a PlayStation gamer with a love of racing games. I race in a GT7 league using VR, a WRC club and also do a full F1 race with a friend every few weeks. I also play 3rd person platform games like Assasins Creed and I’m currently enjoying the remasters of the first 3 Tomb Raider games.

So, anyone else like me out there? What do you play, what hardware do you use and would you like to play something online at any time?

Butternubs

Jam First
Nov 4, 2021
Plymouth
PS4 and Switch

Currently playing on the Switch:

Zelda: Tears of the kingdom
Vampire Survivors
Octopath Traveller

Just fired up another Fallout4 run through on the PS4 as well.

Bit of a Zelda nerd tbh overall.

Reactions: Eastbourne Green

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I really should have a go at a Fallout game. I don’t get on with first person games, I get disoriented with the view, but I’ve managed the last two Far Cry games and enjoyed them, so maybe worth a go.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I really should have a go at a Fallout game. I don’t get on with first person games, I get disoriented with the view, but I’ve managed the last two Far Cry games and enjoyed them, so maybe worth a go.

I really enjoyed Far Cry Primal and the one set in the Himalayas (4 was it?)

I've been slogging my way through Far Cry 6 (the Cuban one) for about three years now. Mindless fun.

During the pandemic I spent many happy hours playing Assassins' Creed Odyssey - I've never really clicked with that series, but island-hopping while hunting down the illuminati or whatever they are was some of the most satisfying gaming imaginable, strangely.

I've always loved motorsport games but I've no illusions about how slow i am, really.

Reactions: GreenThing

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IMG_1502.jpegIMG_1497.jpegIMG_0225.jpegI have no illusions on how quick I am on racing games, but thoroughly enjoy it nonetheless. 😂

Reactions: PeverellPafc
May 22, 2006
That....is a man cave.

I tend to obsess over a few games rather than playing lots of others. Never had that many consoles. Currently playing a brilliant 2004 FPS called Painkiller.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
That....is a man cave.

I tend to obsess over a few games rather than playing lots of others. Never had that many consoles. Currently playing a brilliant 2004 FPS called Painkiller.
I’m the same. Apart from the racing, which is an ongoing thing, I’ll get a game and play it until it’s completed, taking my time to explore, collect and get plenty of enjoyment from a game.

In reply to Brussels Bureaucrat, the AC franchise has changed since the early versions. Stealth is gone and they all follow a similar format. I really enjoyed the Viking one and if you liked Odyssey, you’ll enjoy Valhalla.

Another great game is Red Dead Redemption 2. A game to get lost in. I managed to 100% it after about 300hrs.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Don’t get as much time as I used to but am still a reasonably active gamer. PS5 mostly.

Currently playing though Spiritfarer and would highly recommend.

Jan 2, 2010
Good one to try first is Fallout: New Vegas. One of the best in the series and cheap or free on most systems.

Jan 2, 2010
Love wasting time in role playing games

Obsessed over Everquest to the point where I should have got therapy.
Spent time on the Xbox moved to ps5 but planning a move back to pc as I'm fed up with all the games I want to play being exclusive in the future.
Assassin's creed. The Witcher. Borderlands. Diablo. Fallout. Elder scrolls... Never into shooters or sports games though

Sep 10, 2010
Eastbourne
I know games haven't traditionally made a successful crossover into film / TV territory (with some exceptions to the rule) but I did get a tad excited with the borderlands and fall out trailers.

As a greek mythology nerd, I'm enjoying playing Fenyx Rising on the Switch right now. Assassin's creed meets Zelda set in Ancient Greece and made by ubisoft. Very easy to dip into and writers have done a great job with the characters, some very funny and intelligent dialogue in there.

Also got my 9 yr old son into Goldeneye, lylat wars and Zelda ocarina of time on the N64 expansion pack.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep both Last of Us games were incredible, TV show isn't bad either.

I just got a Steam Deck, which has made me play loads more games. Currently playing the 2016 Doom on it, plus loads of N64, Gamecube, Wii U games.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Yep both Last of Us games were incredible, TV show isn't bad either.

I just got a Steam Deck, which has made me play loads more games. Currently playing the 2016 Doom on it, plus loads of N64, Gamecube, Wii U games.

I've often considered getting one of those, I was on a long flight recently and the bloke next to me was playing (I think) Crusader Kings on his. I'd love to get into that series again but it feels like a full-time job. Last time I played it I became High King of Ireland, but ended up being deposed by my barons after they discovered about my secret gay lover from Iceland. I bet that's a sentence that's never been typed on Pasoti before.

• Haha
Reactions: Belfast Green

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Another great game is Red Dead Redemption 2. A game to get lost in. I managed to 100% it after about 300hrs.

I think the first Red Dead Redemption (the 2010 one - not Revolver) might be my favourite game ever. RDR2 is an extraordinary masterpiece too - this is the finest of nitpicking, but I wish New Austin wasn't so empty in the epilogue, it's a shame that there isn't much to do once you've done all the Tumbleweed bounties. And it would have been fun to explore Guarma more as well - I think there was a lot more content planned there that didn't make the final cut.

Funnily enough I didn't get into Valhalla at all - couldn't really tell you why, but it just didn't click for me in the same way that Odyssey did. I'm not really an AC devotee though so I'm happy to be in a minority with that one.