Gaming thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gaming thread

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I've often considered getting one of those, I was on a long flight recently and the bloke next to me was playing (I think) Crusader Kings on his. I'd love to get into that series again but it feels like a full-time job. Last time I played it I became High King of Ireland, but ended up being deposed by my barons after they discovered about my secret gay lover from Iceland. I bet that's a sentence that's never been typed on Pasoti before.

Yeah they're really great. 1000x more comfortable than a Switch too, which I never got on with handheld.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Has anyone played either of the two Last Of Us games? I know this isn't a revolutionary opinion but I thought they were extraordinary. I'm not at all a horror fan but I was totally gripped.
I got the first Last of Us in a package with the PS4. That type of game didn’t appeal to me, but as it was included, I gave it a try and loved every minute of it. I played it through again during covid and enjoyed it again, and found it easier as I had an idea on what ammo and consumables to save for later.

I haven’t got around to playing the second one yet, but it’s on my list.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I got the first Last of Us in a package with the PS4. That type of game didn’t appeal to me, but as it was included, I gave it a try and loved every minute of it. I played it through again during covid and enjoyed it again, and found it easier as I had an idea on what ammo and consumables to save for later.

I haven’t got around to playing the second one yet, but it’s on my list.

Make sure you book the therapy first, that storyline is absolutely brutal.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Do they support modding to any extent? I imagine you can use Steam Workshop mods?

I believe so, yep. You can do anything that you can do on a PC (especially Steam related stuff obviously), basically it’s a handheld Linux PC and you can install and customise everything. I’ve installed EmuDeck which is amazing for making it super easy to play retro games.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The first half an hour is brutal, they don't exactly ease you in do they?

No spoilers obviously but I loved how they revealed the post-pandemic lore a bit more. Using the Seattle stadium as a base was cool.
Got me interested now. Once I’ve finished the Tomb Raider remasters, I’ll crack on with it.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I play two games on the xbox, fifa and risk.
Risk is simply the board game and fifa, well I've taken that to a whole new level.
With the help (a lot) from my partner we have created spreadsheets for five of us to play fifa or whatever its called now.
Pictures would be the best way to show you what we have created but it's a monster, formulas everywhere to make my creations come alive.
We had 10 leagues running which I called the super league, mixing 5 star teams at the top to poor Irish and alike teams at the bottom.
You pick your club, remove all your players and bring in 48-50 rated players so you have a poor team, working your way through a season along with the pizza cup, carabao cup and fa cup, making money as you go, losing money for penalties and red cards.
Too much to write down tbh but one spreadsheet will have around 10 tabs with 3 hidden, raw data for each league to write every fixture and result in, live league tables, play offs, automatic promotion places, lists of teams in each league with a live moving table below that showing who remains in each league, who got promoted, won the play offs, failed the play offs and so much more.
It's all total nonsense but have been doing this for over three years nearly on a daily basis and I'm still not happy with how it's all set up lol.
Probably not the sort of thing you were looking for on here but thought I would share 😀

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I play two games on the xbox, fifa and risk.
Risk is simply the board game and fifa, well I've taken that to a whole new level.
With the help (a lot) from my partner we have created spreadsheets for five of us to play fifa or whatever its called now.
Pictures would be the best way to show you what we have created but it's a monster, formulas everywhere to make my creations come alive.
We had 10 leagues running which I called the super league, mixing 5 star teams at the top to poor Irish and alike teams at the bottom.
You pick your club, remove all your players and bring in 48-50 rated players so you have a poor team, working your way through a season along with the pizza cup, carabao cup and fa cup, making money as you go, losing money for penalties and red cards.
Too much to write down tbh but one spreadsheet will have around 10 tabs with 3 hidden, raw data for each league to write every fixture and result in, live league tables, play offs, automatic promotion places, lists of teams in each league with a live moving table below that showing who remains in each league, who got promoted, won the play offs, failed the play offs and so much more.
It's all total nonsense but have been doing this for over three years nearly on a daily basis and I'm still not happy with how it's all set up lol.
Probably not the sort of thing you were looking for on here but thought I would share 😀

That is nerdery of the highest possible level, absolutely outstanding.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
That is nerdery of the highest possible level, absolutely outstanding.
Thank you 😄
I will add some pictures later just so you can get an idea of the absolute rubbish I've created.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Here are SOME screenshots of the spreadsheets which are used for FIFA on the xbox

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    52.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    149.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    59.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    244.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    226.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    92.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    213.5 KB · Views: 5

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
In the first picture is where all the results from each league are placed, each box has a drop down box which has all of the teams currently in that league, you select the team for the fixture and write the result to the right, there is a hidden box to the right of the scores which indicates the gd, 1 0 -1 etc, 1-0 0-0 0-1 e.g..

The next screenshot shows the league table, there is a hidden tab which is exactly the same as the league table, that hidden box reads all the information from the first screenshot, its will translate that in to p w d l f a gd and other finer details, so fine that if you have similar points gd wins etc one of the boxes calculates overall form so one box which I don't understand might read 0.00000017 and another might end with something like 47 at the of the zero's...its that clever.
It will then also rank each team, this gives you their team placements and will appear in the league table.

The third screenshot shows you a part of the fixture list which each player has, split in to "weeks", cup games etc and on the right will appear the opponent (human) playing that fixture, nothing special on here, just what I do to make things easier so you know which games for each player (five of us) are next.

The next one is your FIFA bank account, this is what you have personally for your club to spend, to will start the new campaign in league two, starting with a massive amount of money and you have to go and buy the best players you can with that money, you lose money for fines for reds/pens, you earn money for cup competitions for each round and final league positions.

The next one shows you each team in each league for that current season, 20 in the premier league and 24 in the three other leagues, underneath that list is a copy of what you see but the difference is it reads all the information from the first two screenshots and as you win or lose, you'll see your team moving around, though its ignored until the season is over, this is when I copy paste the new leagues up after all the promotions/play offs/relegations are confirmed.

The next one is a table for final position prize money for all clubs in all leagues, we write in the prize money won at the end of the season what you have earnt and its automatically calculated along with everything in the bank account.

Finally for these screenshots, we have the grid of the cost of players, the number to left are the FIFA ratings for the players, so at the moment Whittaker is rated as a 71 and my made up costs for him to be in my team would cost me £10m, however to make things harder for us all, if you sell a player you get back only 50% of their worth, again this all goes in to the bank account and calculated as you go.

All very boring I know but this about one years worth of accumulated work with myself and partner and I am pretty certain its the only one on the planet haha

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
This might be a silly question, Lancaster, but doesn’t EA have an app or system to do that? Either way, top work Sir! 👏

For my racing I use an app on my phone called RaceNet, which is an EA app to run leagues and clubs for all their racing games. When rallying, the host will set up a season and set the parameters of which stages will make up a round, and dates for the rounds to happen. The one I’m in at the moment has 10 rounds, with one round a week. The round opens at 11pm on a Saturday and closes the following Saturday giving everyone a week window to run their stages, simply go the ‘clubs’ on the game and run your race. The app then logs your times and puts you into the leaderboard. Once the round has closed, the league table is updated and the next round opens. IMG_2152.pngIMG_2151.pngIMG_2150.pngIMG_2149.png

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
This might be a silly question, Lancaster, but doesn’t EA have an app or system to do that? Either way, top work Sir! 👏

For my racing I use an app on my phone called RaceNet, which is an EA app to run leagues and clubs for all their racing games. When rallying, the host will set up a season and set the parameters of which stages will make up a round, and dates for the rounds to happen. The one I’m in at the moment has 10 rounds, with one round a week. The round opens at 11pm on a Saturday and closes the following Saturday giving everyone a week window to run their stages, simply go the ‘clubs’ on the game and run your race. The app then logs your times and puts you into the leaderboard. Once the round has closed, the league table is updated and the next round opens. View attachment 14330View attachment 14331View attachment 14332View attachment 14333
TBH I haven't had a look at any apps, I used to use fixturelist.com which is ok but it doesn't do what I want to do so I suppose it was easier for me to say to my other half I need this created....
I had to do all the leg work and find things out or work out what I wanted to do, I followed a painstaking video on youtube so I could use formulas and make a league table work.
My brain works overdrive so I am always coming up with something else that needs doing and although an app would be better in the long run for my long suffering partner, I just don't know if any machine could possibly create what I want created and do it right here right now.
I will however be looking after this message to see what is out there, based on what you have attached there may be a chance but I am prepared to keep doing these spreadsheets, its become a secret love of mine and a non secret hate of hers haha.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Yeah, I get it, the spreadsheet is an actual game in itself. 👍

The RaceNet is an official app which you have to use as you cannot create leagues within the game itself now. There’s a QR code to scan in the game to get you started. If there’s no QR in FIFA, then probably not an app available.

Reactions: Lancastergreen