Gaming thread | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gaming thread

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Yeah, I get it, the spreadsheet is an actual game in itself. 👍

The RaceNet is an official app which you have to use as you cannot create leagues within the game itself now. There’s a QR code to scan in the game to get you started. If there’s no QR in FIFA, then probably not an app available.
There is a QR code at the beginning, I have snooker tonight but will look at the QR later to see what if any is available, will report back here in case anyone else is interested.

Reactions: GreenThing

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
If only I had the time for gaming...

I mainly only play PC games at the moment, usually Elite: Dangerous or Football Manager (I only buy the updated one every couple of years because by the time I usually complete a season the next iteration comes out. How I loved CM01/02 where you could complete a season in a couple of evenings). I have re-bought Baldur's Gate I and II (plus all the expansion packs) which I'm working through again before buying Baldur's Gate 3.

Other than that, I usually have my arse spanked by my 10yo son in Mario Karts on his Switch.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
If only I had the time for gaming...

I mainly only play PC games at the moment, usually Elite: Dangerous or Football Manager (I only buy the updated one every couple of years because by the time I usually complete a season the next iteration comes out. How I loved CM01/02 where you could complete a season in a couple of evenings). I have re-bought Baldur's Gate I and II (plus all the expansion packs) which I'm working through again before buying Baldur's Gate 3.

Other than that, I usually have my arse spanked by my 10yo son in Mario Karts on his Switch.
Mario karts, what a game that is!
Occasionally I play football manager 2010 which is available free on steam, fairly easy to navigate but pretty hard to succeed as Argyle.

Reactions: Quinny
Jun 24, 2008
Really fun reading everyone’s gaming interests.

30+ casual gamer here too. First console a Sega mega drive, loved my gameboy colour too. Predominantly a PlayStation user over the years, I did revert to PC in my twenties but currently on PS5.

Not really into RPGs or open world games, prefer linear single player games (mostly horror).

I play a lot of Rocket League (diamond level) and lack of time means I enjoy a quick blast of multiplayer shooters (currently helldivers). Last games completed were Resi 4 & Robocop Rogue City. Playing through Spiderman 2 on and off. Also pick up Football Manager every other year.

Currently awaiting delivery of a Miyoo Mini+ as I’m keen to rekindle my old love of Sega and Gameboy games. It’s my first emulator so not completely sure what I’m doing but I’ll get there! I just need a bit of Streets of Rage & Paperboy in my life.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
i’m doing everything i can to avoid getting a steam deck or console, probably would lead to divorce. My PC is also sufficiently out of date to play anything new as well.

bunch of games i’d like to play, normally a new version of Civilization forces my hand, i think they’re working on 7.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
i’m doing everything i can to avoid getting a steam deck or console, probably would lead to divorce. My PC is also sufficiently out of date to play anything new as well.

bunch of games i’d like to play, normally a new version of Civilization forces my hand, i think they’re working on 7.

I'll be interested in Civ 7 when it happens. I never quite fell in love with Civ 6, but I must have sunk thousands of hours into both 2 and 4. I guess my strategic nous never extended beyond stacks of doom, which they got rid of in Civ 5 (rightly I think).

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
I'll be interested in Civ 7 when it happens. I never quite fell in love with Civ 6, but I must have sunk thousands of hours into both 2 and 4. I guess my strategic nous never extended beyond stacks of doom, which they got rid of in Civ 5 (rightly I think).
5 changed a lot of the fight mechanics, sunk quite a few hours in to that one. 6 passed me by a little.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
5 changed a lot of the fight mechanics, sunk quite a few hours in to that one. 6 passed me by a little.

I bought the expansion packs in lockdown and I do think it improved in a lot of ways. There's no question it looks beautiful - some of the mechanics like era score and particularly the World Congress don't work brilliantly though, in my opinion.

I would say though that if Argyle are away and I'm not going, I'll boot up Civ, make myself a coffee, and listen to the 5 Live radio coverage of the afternoon's football in the background. Bliss.

Reactions: Mat