GC10 apology | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

GC10 apology

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Frank_Butcher":32b2y25c said:
Undoubtedly Carey benefits when others around him have good ball control and the nous for quick interchanges. This was obvious last year with Taylor and Fox in the team and Lamerias offering a similar thing going forward on the other side. This season Ladapo prefers the ball in front and Fox is either playing deeper or coming to the end of his career in terms of engine. Simply put, a good footballer is much better when he plays with good footballers.

Disagree, it shouldn't matter who you're playing with, and anybody some on here have said he's a better player than Taylor which I agree with. He has even been compared to Paul Mariner.

Fox and Reuben played last season and they're playing this season so I don't get the argument there?

Mar 23, 2008
Fair play to him, he must be so frustrated with some of the dross around him and shows humility here and contrast that to Adams condescending comments after the Donny defeat.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
r4h4al":3vgmt3uh said:
Frank_Butcher":3vgmt3uh said:
Undoubtedly Carey benefits when others around him have good ball control and the nous for quick interchanges. This was obvious last year with Taylor and Fox in the team and Lamerias offering a similar thing going forward on the other side. This season Ladapo prefers the ball in front and Fox is either playing deeper or coming to the end of his career in terms of engine. Simply put, a good footballer is much better when he plays with good footballers.

Disagree, it shouldn't matter who you're playing with, and anybody some on here have said he's a better player than Taylor which I agree with. He has even been compared to Paul Mariner.

Fox and Reuben played last season and they're playing this season so I don't get the argument there?

Eh?

Wasn’t it Ladapo that was compared to Mariner?

As for Fox, can I suggest you re-read my post?

May 28, 2015
Frank_Butcher":3c9xyhto said:
r4h4al":3c9xyhto said:
Frank_Butcher":3c9xyhto said:

Eh?

Wasn’t it Ladapo that was compared to Mariner?

Agree with Frank. Ladapo doesn't hold the ball up anywhere near as good as Taylor did. Carey has not had the same quality into him and half the time fox doesn't get on the ball because the ball is just lumped from our centre backs towards ladapo who never controls it (not always his fault some of the passes have been awful) and the other team have the ball back again. We cant get Carey into the game and it's not his fault that the manager wont try and change it up to get Carey and lamerias involved more

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Frank_Butcher":3che9xnd said:

What is Adams supposed to do, play Fox or not play Fox he doesn't seem to win either way is my point.

And yes I was talking about Ladapo obviously. He is a better player than Taylor. So the problem isn't the players he's playing with to me the problem is clearly something else.

May 28, 2015
r4h4al":3bchl49k said:
Frank_Butcher":3bchl49k said:

What is Adams supposed to do, play Fox or not play Fox he doesn't seem to win either way is my point.

And yes I was talking about Ladapo obviously. He is a better player than Taylor. So the problem isn't the players he's playing with to me the problem is clearly something else.

Ladapo doesn't hold the ball up like Taylor does. Ladapo may be good at some things that Taylor isn't but not holding up the ball. And that doesn't suit Carey ladapo doesn't play the ball into Carey or offer the one twos with him that Taylor used to. Ladapo suits running in behind more and it's not suiting Carey. But as I said its up to Adam's to change it. You cant say Carey isn't trying its just not working for him at the moment and its up to Adam's to get our best player into the game

Aug 8, 2014
rsp4":1ht292lb said:
Carey issues apology to Green Army on behalf of Argyle's players

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... p_AppShare

My question back would be why are the team playing like this then if they know they are not stepping up?

Well done to GC10 for coming out in the press shame DA has not said anything

Fair play indeed as he must be extremely frustrated by the situation but he must be mythed with the manager wasting him on.a wing when o keefe is playing the no.10 role.
The only way to get out of this mess currently is for Carey to be influencing the game, he must play the no.10 role to support Freddie. We might even discover a plan b then by putting ainsworth or wylde on the wing ( their correct positions).
Come on Adams stop being so stubborn!!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Last season, during our purple patch, Carey and Lameiras were both operating in midfield rather than wide. They had a good understanding of each other’s skills and Sarcevic was also benefitting with forward runs.
Hopefully, if Sarcevic and Ness return, fully fit, the relationship will be re-ignited.
Still not sure how we will solve our problems in central defence, though. We are certainly missing Bradley.

Jan 6, 2004
Not interested in apologies I am interested in explanations, there have been none for the woeful second half performance. We can all agree not good enough, that much is obvious, but why did it happen and how do we prevent it happening again? Against a better team we could have shipped 7 or 8

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
With things like this players are a bit ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’.

The real place for an ‘apology’ is on the pitch in the next game. We’ll see.

Jan 6, 2004
The Doctor":3t0kgxn5 said:
With things like this players are a bit ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’.

The real place for an ‘apology’ is on the pitch in the next game. We’ll see.

Hard to disagree with that.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
But I do like that he’s apologised.. to me that means something that GC (and the players) recognise that fans pay a lot to follow Argyle and turn up in good numbers.

Mar 25, 2007
I think his intention was to show that the players are aware and are working on it. Fair play to him for that.

But I'm seriously concerned by his comments about lack of enthusiasm to win games though, who ever heard of pro footballers who couldn't be arsed to win?!