GC10 apology | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

GC10 apology

Mar 13, 2017
His apology seems to me to be for the "unacceptable" second half against Oxford. What about the previous 18 games which have seen 2 wins and 12 points out of a possible 57? Is that acceptable?

Jan 6, 2004
GoldenHindhead, not sure if you were at the game, but if so, you would realise that it was a whole new category of awful, sometimes in a season a team isn't good enough, that is not necessarily a reason to apologise, you are only as good as you are. Very occasionally a team surrenders in such an abject and inexplicable manner that an apology IS called for. We may never know the reasons but there is playing badly, getting poor results and then there is the Oxford second half performance....

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I wouldn't mind if he left in Janurary. It's clear he's not interested in playing for us any more. Then at least his replacement would come in and at least put in the effort.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
r4h4al":1tuanfx7 said:
I wouldn't mind if he left in Janurary. It's clear he's not interested in playing for us any more. Then at least his replacement would come in and at least put in the effort.

Are you talking about Carey?

Couldn’t disagree more, he’s almost trying too hard as far as I can see. Not happening for him creatively, but he’s constantly tracking back and encouraging others.

(Disclaimer... I wasn’t at the Oxford game so can’t comment on his effort there)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
r4h4al":1erwqyl6 said:
i disagree.graham slogs his guts out for us and he had the courage to apologize for our hapless match.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
r4h4al":2s5tl7ii said:
Unbelievable.

Jan 6, 2004
We all know Carey is a good player who is going through a run of bad form, not helped by the shambles around him. He shows he cares every match and appeared as frustrated as the fans on Saturday. However badly he may be playing at the moment, I want him to stay and help get us out of this mess.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think his performance is affected by the woeful state of our midfield, who seem unable to pick a pass, hold on to the ball, or do anything other than pass sideways before sending the ball back to Macey who then hoofs it over said midfield, whereupon possession is lost by Freddie who doesn't often win a header, and then back foot we go. GC is having to do too much in defence and we simply can't put an attack together for love nor money. What DA is going to do about this I really don't know, but one things for sure, nothing is going to change if we keep playing this formation with these players. Something HAS to give.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
GC's performance on Saturday was the worse I have ever seen from him but the fact some on here still voted him MOTM just goes to show how awful we were!

Mar 21, 2006
themightykeithfear":wvn0rfks said:
r4h4al":wvn0rfks said:

jeez with comments like that I wouldn't blame him if he did leave, our only class player we've had for years, responsible in goals and assists for over 50% of goals, always gives 100% and he could read this, you deserve a league 2 team

I agree mate - that has to be one of the most pathetic posts I have ever read on here - we'd be nothing without Carey. The thought of him not being in the side scares me to death.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
silkman":1q9d0z0l said:
themightykeithfear":1q9d0z0l said:
r4h4al":1q9d0z0l said:

jeez with comments like that I wouldn't blame him if he did leave, our only class player we've had for years, responsible in goals and assists for over 50% of goals, always gives 100% and he could read this, you deserve a league 2 team

I agree mate - that has to be one of the most pathetic posts I have ever read on here - we'd be nothing without Carey. The thought of him not being in the side scares me to death.

He's entitled to his opinion.
He's wrong obviously and seems to have only a vague grip on reality but still.

Dec 3, 2005
Why are we only just getting an apology?

The supporters have been there Home and Away ALL season - shame the players havent.

Why the sudden need to apologies, should have had that weeks ago.