George Cooper out injured | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

George Cooper out injured

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
plymouthboyuk":3jyplgn2 said:
As my original post said, which was changed by PL after Errington spoke to Lowe. It was originally quoted his season was over, which Cooper now confirms on Instagram.

But the club article you linked to didn't say that.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":19w3sdol said:
Balham_Green":19w3sdol said:
Pettgreen":19w3sdol said:
Too early for Randell to make the position his own? Been doing well at Torquay.

Have you seen him play? Is he LWB?

Many have already decided Randell is better than Fornah or Macleod as a holding midfielder because "he passes well". Lowe may as well decide he is better than Callum McFadzean as well and let him play there if that is what he wants.

There are some big hopes on Randell's shoulders when he comes back with all this expectation. Now Jephcott has done so well hopefully we don't expect all the academy graduates to take to League One football like ducks to water. Cooper's last game and string of misread crosses is the other end of the spectrum. They are still young inexperienced players at the end of the day.

You are suggesting a player doing well 2 Divisions below with very little experience can improve on MacLeod who has played in Scottish Premier and that he can also play at lwb? Bit far fetched isn't it? Perhaps he could solve our goalkeeping concerns also.
Or you are just echoing some naive views from others?

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":jnts80rv said:
Knibbsworth":jnts80rv said:
Balham_Green":jnts80rv said:
Pettgreen":jnts80rv said:
Too early for Randell to make the position his own? Been doing well at Torquay.

Have you seen him play? Is he LWB?

Many have already decided Randell is better than Fornah or Macleod as a holding midfielder because "he passes well". Lowe may as well decide he is better than Callum McFadzean as well and let him play there if that is what he wants.

There are some big hopes on Randell's shoulders when he comes back with all this expectation. Now Jephcott has done so well hopefully we don't expect all the academy graduates to take to League One football like ducks to water. Cooper's last game and string of misread crosses is the other end of the spectrum. They are still young inexperienced players at the end of the day.

You are suggesting a player doing well 2 Divisions below with very little experience can improve on MacLeod who has played in Scottish Premier and that he can also play at lwb? Bit far fetched isn't it? Perhaps he could solve our goalkeeping concerns also.
Or you are just echoing some naive views from others?

I like Randell but the expectation that he should be recalled from loan and walk straight into our defensive midfield seemed like high praise from some. If pace, height, stamina and physicality aren't that important we may as well bring David Fox back from retirement.

My suggestion that Randell was as good as McFadzean was tongue in cheek, although someone in this thread did actually suggest he should be given a go at LWB.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
141478177_10215733134241382_2766030918327643843_n.jpg

Sep 2, 2008
I thought Lowe alluded to that when he spoke about his injury so I'm not really surprised. Tbh, I think that's best for the team. Obviously not the best thing for the player and i hope his recovery goes well but I think the team is more solid without him.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Pottypilgrim":2eabbf03 said:
I thought Lowe alluded to that when he spoke about his injury so I'm not really surprised. Tbh, I think that's best for the team. Obviously not the best thing for the player and i hope his recovery goes well but I think the team is more solid without him.

I’ve just read a post above where you have a moan at IJN for saying “there’s a good lad” to someone.

I then read this. I really do wonder what motivates people to write such stuff about individual players, especially below a picture of him in a hospital bed where he’s just had an operation after getting injured playing for us. His assists were instrumental in getting us promoted last season. Talk about time and a place. :facepalm:

Good luck on the recovery GC.

May 11, 2019
Daz":3v4elfyb said:
Pottypilgrim":3v4elfyb said:

I’ve just read a post above where you have a moan at IJN for saying “there’s a good lad” to someone.

I then read this. I really do wonder what motivates people to write such stuff about individual players, especially below a picture of him in a hospital bed where he’s just had an operation after getting injured playing for us. His assists were instrumental in getting us promoted last season. Talk about time and a place. :facepalm:

Unfortunately some people are more crass than class!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
German Shepherd":kldgsn5x said:
Torquay would walk the Scottish Premier League so yes Randell could easily fill in for MacLeod.

:greensmile:

I would love to see the evidence to support that statement. Have they played Hamilton away this season and won, I wonder?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Daz":n9wzqsxk said:
Pottypilgrim":n9wzqsxk said:

Agreed Daz. Good luck GC and wishing you a swift and complete recovery. :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
justanotherfan":y43zdoiw said:
Daz":y43zdoiw said:
Pottypilgrim":y43zdoiw said:

Agreed Daz. Good luck GC and wishing you a swift and complete recovery.

Yep. Good player, people just get bored if someone doesn't play (well) every week. Good luck GC. Big season next season!! :scarf:

I think: ' ...... Obviously not the best thing for the player .....' is another telling comment too!

What would be better? Amputation?? :crazy: