George Cooper out injured | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

George Cooper out injured

Sep 2, 2008
Pogleswoody":1sv70whg said:
justanotherfan":1sv70whg said:
Daz":1sv70whg said:
Pottypilgrim":1sv70whg said:
I thought Lowe alluded to that when he spoke about his injury so I'm not really surprised. Tbh, I think that's best for the team. Obviously not the best thing for the player and i hope his recovery goes well but I think the team is more solid without him.

I’ve just read a post above where you have a moan at IJN for saying “there’s a good lad” to someone.

I then read this. I really do wonder what motivates people to write such stuff about individual players, especially below a picture of him in a hospital bed where he’s just had an operation after getting injured playing for us. His assists were instrumental in getting us promoted last season. Talk about time and a place. :facepalm:

Good luck on the recovery GC.

Agreed Daz. Good luck GC and wishing you a swift and complete recovery.

Yep. Good player, people just get bored if someone doesn't play (well) every week. Good luck GC. Big season next season!! :scarf:

I think: ' ...... Obviously not the best thing for the player .....' is another telling comment too!

What would be better? Amputation?? :crazy:

It is a telling comment as it is an indication that my post, once the whole post is taken in to context, is directed at the team and not the player. I guess you cant stop people seeing only what they want to see though especially if they are all part of the same gang.

Aug 5, 2016
I really do think people forget how important Cooper was for us last season. Take him out of the side and the goalscoring chances dry up. They certainly seem to have dried up for Ryan Hardie now.

Sep 2, 2008
Knibbsworth":1iw7pqe3 said:
I really do think people forget how important Cooper was for us last season. Take him out of the side and the goalscoring chances dry up. They certainly seem to have dried up for Ryan Hardie now.

I, for one, don't forget that. Some of his play really was a joy to see, however, that was last season...league 2. His performances this season have been, in the main, quite poor. So much so that I see him as a liability playing for us while we're in league 1. I really don't think he can manage the step up. I'm sure if Peterborough thought he could then they wouldn't have let him go.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
It’s perfectly ok to voice the opinion that he’s not good enough for this level. It’s a view I agree with. Far stronger things have been said about Canavan, Wootton and the other Cooper.

Regardless of opinions, everybody would obviously wish him well in his recovery from a nasty injury.

Jun 27, 2019
Pottypilgrim":19qszbgq said:
Knibbsworth":19qszbgq said:

I, for one, don't forget that. Some of his play really was a joy to see, however, that was last season...league 2. His performances this season have been, in the main, quite poor. So much so that I see him as a liability playing for us while we're in league 1. I really don't think he can manage the step up. I'm sure if Peterborough thought he could then they wouldn't have let him go.

Disagree. He started six of our first seven games of the season and was one of our better performers, scoring one goal and setting up two (extrapolate that unscientifically over the season and he'd end up with 7 goals and 15 assists).

And yes, I'm aware there's more to being a wing-back than goals and assists, and there's no doubt that he needs to work on the defensive side of the game. But during that spell when he was a regular in the side we conceded fewer goals than at any other stage of the season aside from our most recent six-match spell.

The evidence just doesn't back up those saying he hasn't adapted to League One. He demonstrably has.

Sep 2, 2008
WoodsyGreen":26wuufzr said:
Pottypilgrim":26wuufzr said:
Knibbsworth":26wuufzr said:

Disagree. He started six of our first seven games of the season and was one of our better performers, scoring one goal and setting up two (extrapolate that unscientifically over the season and he'd end up with 7 goals and 15 assists).

And yes, I'm aware there's more to being a wing-back than goals and assists, and there's no doubt that he needs to work on the defensive side of the game. But during that spell when he was a regular in the side we conceded fewer goals than at any other stage of the season aside from our most recent six-match spell.

The evidence just doesn't back up those saying he hasn't adapted to League One. He demonstrably has.

:wtf: two of those games were Carabao Cup and the others were against teams like Wimbledon, Shrewsbury and Burton who should be and probably will be playing league 2 football next season. When we played teams with any pedigree i.e. Blackpool, Hull etc he was either subbed off or on. I would argue that he has in no way demonstrated he has adapted to league one and the evidence does back those up that say he hasn't. Can you honestly say that the team would be stronger having him in the starting eleven? Not a chance.

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
We will miss the GC option. Hardie has terrific potential- need to stop giving players a hard time -this squad has only been in L1 for 23 games. Be positive considering where we’ve been :sigh:

Jun 27, 2019
Pottypilgrim":2lsu44i1 said:
WoodsyGreen":2lsu44i1 said:
Pottypilgrim":2lsu44i1 said:
Knibbsworth":2lsu44i1 said:

:wtf: two of those games were Carabao Cup and the others were against teams like Wimbledon, Shrewsbury and Burton who should be and probably will be playing league 2 football next season. When we played teams with any pedigree i.e. Blackpool, Hull etc he was either subbed off or on. I would argue that he has in no way demonstrated he has adapted to league one and the evidence does back those up that say he hasn't. Can you honestly say that the team would be stronger having him in the starting eleven? Not a chance.

Well, yes I would say the team would be stronger with him in it. His crossing is better than Grant's and his link-up play with Mayor is better than anyone else's at the club.

You say he was subbed on at Hull as if it was a bad thing, but the fact is that we weren't doing anything in that game until he came on for Opoku.

I'll eagerly await your 'evidence' that proves he hasn't adapted to League One.