Gillingham v Argyle match thread | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gillingham v Argyle match thread

Aug 5, 2016
Beyton_Green":24keymgc said:
Have we lost (again) yet?

It has been a remarkable plummet. Must be close to some kind of record.

I remember us having the same amount of points as Blackpool around January. They have gone on to 4th position and knocked on the door of automatic promotion, whereas we have done our best to knock on the door of the relegation zone.

8 points in the last 14 games. If 1 point per game is relegation form, we are not far off 0.5 points per game for the final third of the season.

Over a season we would be adrift at the bottom of the table.

Some big restructuring required this summer.

D

Deleted member 9145

some good performances i thought , Tomlinson Fornah and Hardy and Law looked promising

P

Paranoid Android

plymade":37gvddaa said:
Very, when you see the lack of effort in the last 20 minutes!

I must have misheard the couple of chances we created then.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
plymade":38uwajvm said:
Very, when you see the lack of effort in the last 20 minutes!

I don't think we showed a lack of effort today, we just weren't good enough in both boxes. The application was there.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I literally hate everything about Steve Evans.

Can’t stand the animal.

Mar 14, 2009
2 wins from 17 games?

I mean doesn’t that show just how bad we are.

Yet here we are debating whether some of our players should get a contract extension.

However, the biggest worry is Lowe and his back room team. You can say everything will be better next season with a different group of players but the his tactics and game management must be a concern.

People say he is learning on the job. Well surely his experience at Bury in league one should have helped him with what was to come this season. He went through one bad run earlier in the season. Why couldn’t he draw on this to help him with this second, bad run.

It’s the fact that every game in these past 3 months has often gone the same way. And not an inkling that he looked like he could turn that bad form around at any stage recently.

Do people really think given what we seen Lowe will tactically outwit Adkins, Ainsworth or even a Steve Evans? Look at the managers coming up. Duff of Cheltenham and Evatt of Bolton. Good reputations they built. Look at teams like Crewe with Artell or Accrington with Coleman. Managers bringing through younger players and building teams that have played better football than us on small budgets.

I’m sure people will think lm being harsh but l find the current form unacceptable and that has to be down in large part to the manager.

Let’s hope next season he has learnt. Otherwise, it will be a long season.

Apr 5, 2008
How long will Lowe have next season to turn this wretched form around, fans will hopefully be back and they won't be shy in giving it to him large if we carry on losing nearly every game at the start of next season.

Lowe lucky to still have a job. Majority of clubs would have sacked the manger by now with this sort of dreadful form.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Knibbsworth":1rpfcr8d said:
Beyton_Green":1rpfcr8d said:
Have we lost (again) yet?

It has been a remarkable plummet. Must be close to some kind of record.

I remember us having the same amount of points as Blackpool around January. They have gone on to 4th position and knocked on the door of automatic promotion, whereas we have done our best to knock on the door of the relegation zone.

8 points in the last 14 games. If 1 point per game is relegation form, we are not far off 0.5 points per game for the final third of the season.

Over a season we would be adrift at the bottom of the table.

Some big restructuring required this summer.

I don't think people realise how dire our situation is. Terrible inept spineless team and a management structure that is unable to do anything about it.

Plus as you say around 0.5 points a game. We could be relegated by Christmas.

Emperor's New Clothes.

Oct 31, 2015
2 X things to be cheery about today.

1. We only conceded 1 goal. When did that last happen.
2. The season is over although it's been over for the team since we beat the Wombles.

RL needs to hit the ground running next season because in all reality he should be out of a job. For those that think differently have a look at the following:-

1. Goals conceded. We have even surpassed our own record at home for goal conceded.
2. How many poor runs of defeats?
3. How the players gave up at 53 points and packed their bags.
4. Most of the players he signed this season are not league 1 standard and showed it. Look at DAs team that got relegated compared to this lot.

He is very lucky there are no fans and hopefully the chairman had him on a short lead for a bad start next season

Still the 2 X reasons to be happy will keep me smiling tonight

:scarf: