Goalkeepers | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goalkeepers

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Great angle, and there is no way that was a glaring mistake. If those shots are executed perfectly like that (and 99% of the time they're not), they make the keeper look ridiculous in and of themselves.

If anything, he was too far off his line in the first place, but then that's also not really a criticism as in another situation that would have allowed him to clear up a through ball.

Just an incredible goal, I think.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I was reading on here (didn't go) thinking that he burbled back over the line, fell over his own feet and fumbled the ball over the line having almost held it!!

What I see is a f***ing Exocet missile ball flying into the net, swerving like a Tory manifesto policy and nigh on impossible to see, let alone save.

Kyle is being criticised for that?? :think: :crazy:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Pogleswoody":3azhot2z said:
What I see is a f***ing Exocet missile ball flying into the net, swerving like a Tory manifesto policy and nigh on impossible to see, let alone save.

:clap: :lol:

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Thanks for the link cheshiregreen. TV angle made it look like Letheren made a mistake, clearly it wasn't.

I'd keep Letheren in whatever. Macey is a great shotstopper, but I feel lacking in every other required quality of a keeper that i can think of (command of box, kicking and distribution, talking, handling/control).

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Pogleswoody":1y50p0zl said:
I was reading on here (didn't go) thinking that he burbled back over the line, fell over his own feet and fumbled the ball over the line having almost held it!!

Kyle is being criticised for that?? :think: :crazy:

Sadly, yes...by the know alls...who probably weren't within 100 miles of Roots Hall.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
That's also never a penalty, the ball hits Sarcevic at speed and he has his arm by his body.

I heard some people referring to the end of the game as a 'collapse', hardly, a lucky penalty & a great strike, wasn't much we could do about either.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
From another thread, for pure smugness purposes:

Lobster":2ixujgj4 said:
ping_g5":2ixujgj4 said:
Looked to me that the wind got it

That was my first thought. The commentators mentioned the wind a few times and it looked from the way he was running, and the fact that the ball went the other side of him, that it got blown across.

:whistle:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":27rjyclr said:
Macey has been injured so might expect some time on the bench because Letheren has done well.

We can't send Macey back but Arsenal can recall him so Adams putting him on the bench through January might force Arsenal to recall him which would free up wages for Adams to sign a better keeper.

That’s what I’m hoping for..

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge":c8cgasza said:
That's also never a penalty, the ball hits Sarcevic at speed and he has his arm by his body.

I heard some people referring to the end of the game as a 'collapse', hardly, a lucky penalty & a great strike, wasn't much we could do about either.

Agree.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
JannerinCardiff":3nk4z7ha said:
PL2 3DQ":3nk4z7ha said:
Macey has been injured so might expect some time on the bench because Letheren has done well.

We can't send Macey back but Arsenal can recall him so Adams putting him on the bench through January might force Arsenal to recall him which would free up wages for Adams to sign a better keeper.

That’s what I’m hoping for..

Agree. Shame it didn't work out for him, but that's football sometimes. Wish him luck for his next club he goes to.