Going to HP to not watch football. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Going to HP to not watch football.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
It's interesting to see emotional incontinence and aggression rebranded as 'passion' or 'culture' when neither of these things apply.

As for the health connotations, a problem with alcohol or aggression is not a medical one. Psychological perhaps.

B

B36Baggie

Voice_of_Reason":2zdu1ffe said:
As a 6'5" 16st bloke who can look after himself, I would delight in telling these prats exactly what I think, but as I attend games with my son 11 year old son, I make sure I sit well away to ensure I don't put him in danger.
Can I just raise one point, those "dividers" which are just a bit of sheeting. If the place was on fire, I reckon every single fan could walk over it and exit the stadium, but when goading home/away fans, its like some kind of sticky detergent that they cant quite get over, they threaten to walk over it, through it, but actually cant do it. These guys don't actually want to fight, but give the impression to their mates, that they do.
You could see supporters on both sides take threatening steps towards the opposition fans but then certainly get caught up like a fly in a web, absolutely pathetic!! Anyone arguing on their behalf needs to get some fresh air, they are pathetic, no more, no less. Seeing the already overstretched forces having to deal with 40 year old men who want to pretend they like fighting instead of being a use to society is a sad state of affairs.

Great post mate. I travelled down from Birmingham today. Took my lad & his mate. Performance & especially result made it a worthwhile trip in the weather

However driving back I thought as much of the Stone island/Burberry dicks who threatened to ruin my lads day as I did Ness, Carey & Vyner who thankfully sent him back to his Mom beaming.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
plymouth1970":3dhpfewy said:
Not condoning football violence in any way , BUT , how many of these self righteous keyboard warriors would say these stereotypical comments to the accused individuals , a round figure I guess . If you have a problem with these ‘knuckledraggers’ confront them , ask them why they allegedly act like thugs. Go on , show the same bravado as you do on here!

Because that'll help the situation :facepalm:

Mar 14, 2009
plymouth1970":w4yxxls2 said:
Not condoning football violence in any way , BUT , how many of these self righteous keyboard warriors would say these stereotypical comments to the accused individuals , a round figure I guess . If you have a problem with these ‘knuckledraggers’ confront them , ask them why they allegedly act like thugs. Go on , show the same bravado as you do on here!

Its not about being self righteous. Its just about wondering why the hell they behave that way?

Personally, I imagine their response would come in the form of using their fists (or worse). So the point of that would be them showing how hard they are (great :roll: ) because we know they simply dont care what people think of them in most cases. Hence why they behave the way they do.

Sep 19, 2015
Hardly dangerous or intimidating was it! The reason.that Home Park was so full today was beause of the great atmosphere of a local game. Handbags at dawn

B

Bonehead

Balham_Green":1yw11u10 said:
plymouth1970":1yw11u10 said:

So what do you expect that to achieve? So you don't have a problem with them?

I take my young son to the games , of course I have a problem with this behaviour, however , I do not hide behind a keyboard with my mouth up my own arse thinking that I know all about hooliganism ...clueless bellends , (referring to the PASOTI keyboard warriors)

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Disappointing. Thankfully hooliganism is relatively rare these days. As a young man i had more bravado than sense and occasionally got too close to this sort of behaviour. That changed when I came off second best by some considerable distance to a bunch of psyched up Fulham supporters (yep they do have supporters) and ended up in hospital with stitches in the head and a broken knuckle. Not worth it—there’s no reasoning with these people, steer clear and let the police and stewards deal with it—oh and that broken knuckle has left me with a floppy finger—ruined my piano playing (dead hard i am!).

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
loveargyles":1jugg8kc said:
I noticed a couple of lone warriors trying to run towards the brfc fans who were apprehended by stewards before they reached their target. However I would really like the stewards to let these high intelligence individuals reach their supposed target and see what happens to them. I suspect they would never do it again after receiving a swift life lesson. It makes me laugh at all the morons who know they are protected by the stewards and police giving it the big one.

This is my view of it too. Many Rovers fans made it through the stewards but didn't actually want to meet anybody for any physical altercations.

May 16, 2016
dani_B":moeipo4i said:
loveargyles":moeipo4i said:
I noticed a couple of lone warriors trying to run towards the brfc fans who were apprehended by stewards before they reached their target. However I would really like the stewards to let these high intelligence individuals reach their supposed target and see what happens to them. I suspect they would never do it again after receiving a swift life lesson. It makes me laugh at all the morons who know they are protected by the stewards and police giving it the big one.

This is my view of it too. Many Rovers fans made it through the stewards but didn't actually want to meet anybody for any physical altercations.

The modern hooligan in general, is more into wearing the correct gear to signify he looks like a hooligan. The gear is of course secondary to to how well you can jump up and down on the spot waving your arms in a beckoning gesture while shouting 'C'mon then' .

All from the safety of being behind a Police or Steward barrier with a nice safety zone of open land between you and them.

Its all in the dance moves, youtube and verbals nowadays.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
from block 8 we had a good side on view of the rovers idiots pushing forward, at first i thought they had broken through but actually the stewards/police allowed it until they came inline with the exit and they pushed them down it, what was funny was all they had to do was jump over the hoardings and run around to the argyle side if they wanted and in the melee a few actually found themselves with no stewards in front of them and they actually ran back into the group lol as already said a majority of them are just huffing and puffing hoping the stewards/police protect them, and then complain that the stewards and police are heavy handed.

Aug 8, 2014
PlymouthCasual":1kb8iml6 said:
Hardly dangerous or intimidating was it! The reason.that Home Park was so full today was beause of the great atmosphere of a local game. Handbags at dawn

Hardly 'handbags at dawn' when police had to be brought into the stadium to stop potential seats being thrown at innocents.

What I dislike about the Burbs and the Stone island knuckle draggers are that there only ever get involved when the lies of Pompey, Scum or Rovers come to town..I noticed when Rovers fans decided to cross the boundaries..that a few of the idiots made their way to the family enclosure to meet up with the other Burbs there. This is where the problem began..no so fussed if w@nkers want to bait, goad, taunt other fans but it takes my concentration away from the reason I go to Argyle! TO WATCH FECKIN FOOTBALL!
Now as one poster has already said..why not take it away from Home Park, if you want to beat the crap out of each other! Why ruin a decent game of football by causing a distraction to the true #12

Saw some of them after the game trying to avoid the police to get at Rovers fans..grow up ffs

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Laido":3rk25uwx said:
What I dislike about the Burbs and the Stone island knuckle draggers are that there only ever get involved when the lies of Pompey, Scum or Rovers come to town..I noticed when Rovers fans decided to cross the boundaries..that a few of the idiots made their way to the family enclosure to meet up with the other Burbs there. This is where the problem began..no so fussed if w@nkers want to bait, goad, taunt other fans but it takes my concentration away from the reason I go to Argyle! TO WATCH flippin FOOTBALL!
Now as one poster has already said..why not take it away from Home Park, if you want to beat the crap out of each other! Why ruin a decent game of football by causing a distraction to the true #12

Saw some of them after the game trying to avoid the police to get at Rovers fans..grow up ffs
They obviously managed it as there was some fighting in the bottom end of the P&R after the game.

M

MikeN

Stiffler":266757ys said:
gaspargomez":266757ys said:
If you look at the people behaving like this, 90% are immature youths rather than proper men. The grown adults who take part are usually very low intelligence people who probably lead sad lives once they get home. So this is their big day out. They are too cowardly or physically incapable of fighting for real in the armed forces like true men.

But I think the authorities are too soft. They should start arresting anyone causing disturbance and take them to court. After a season or two the trouble would probably disappear for good.

I would wager good money on some of these having a better education and superior career than many on this forum.

One or two, maybe. Having hung out with some of our hoolies, I can guarantee you that that isn't the norm. Most of them are working class guys who aren't exactly rocket scientists.