Graham Carey (27.04.20 - to be released) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (27.04.20 - to be released)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Personally I’d absolutely love Carey to re-join us. I think he’d do really well in Ryan Lowe team.. I could see him and Mayor/Sarcevic/Cooper being to hot to handle and could be the dream ticket to push us into the championship (assuming we’re in L1 next season)..

Kentishgreen":11hplbs1 said:
Except of course no one wanted him even when he was available for free. Yes he was good for us but he’s not our player now and probably won’t be in the future especially with the current uncertainty about everything.

Funnily enough I was thinking that the current uncertainty might just help him become our player again.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Looking at Pasoti threads during COVID times they all have 2 or 3 pages barring the end of season and this one

Love him.or hate him Graham Carey certainly brings headlines ! Since Chuck Norris Carey for me has been our best player
Chuck for endeavour and Carey for skill with a little endeavor

C

Cult Of Personality

Having Carey in the team that Lowe wants to play we would of seen an even better Carey in mind. More ball to feet where he would of had the chance to be even more troublesome.. But now i think we need to move on from him. Players rarely come back better then before

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cult Of Personality":1e90bcff said:
Having Carey in the team that Lowe wants to play we would have seen an even better Carey in mind. More ball to feet where he would have had the chance to be even more troublesome.. But now i think we need to move on from him. Players rarely come back better then before

Carey doesn’t need to be better, just as good as before will do me fine... :thumbup:

C

Cult Of Personality

JannerinCardiff":1og6jnda said:
Cult Of Personality":1og6jnda said:
Having Carey in the team that Lowe wants to play we would have seen an even better Carey in mind. More ball to feet where he would have had the chance to be even more troublesome.. But now i think we need to move on from him. Players rarely come back better then before

Carey doesn’t need to be better, just as good as before will do me fine... :thumbup:

With his age starting to get up there his legs will start to go. I think he would do a good job in league 2 for us but atm we dont have a clue what league we going to be in . I think Argyle should be aiming for players who we can sell on for a profit so i would look for players under 25 who have yet to make it to the big time

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Dreamgreen":1u8jqm11 said:
I’m going to moderate my earlier comment.

Since Mariner, I’ve enjoyed watching Carey more than any other player.

Unfortunately I never saw Mariner, but I’d say since Paul Dalton, I’ve enjoyed watching Carey more than any other player.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cult Of Personality":m4d9xbka said:
JannerinCardiff":m4d9xbka said:
Cult Of Personality":m4d9xbka said:

With his age starting to get up there his legs will start to go. I think he would do a good job in league 2 for us but atm we dont have a clue what league we going to be in . I think Argyle should be aiming for players who we can sell on for a profit so i would look for players under 25 who have yet to make it to the big time

Carey is a fit bloke and for me always tried his hardest in an Argyle shirt. If he’s available on a free I think we really should consider signing him, what he brings is goals and assists and I truly believe he could help get us back to the Championship if we were in
L1 next season.

To me it’s really hardly any risk.. surely worth a look.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think the phrase 'you should never go back' should have the caveat of 'you should never go back... for the sake of it'.

Re-signing Carey wouldn't be rose-tinted nostalgia or blind optimism, it would be getting on board a player we know is one of the best attackers in the bottom two divisions.

Jun 27, 2019
I'd be delighted if he returned, but I can't help but think he'd be a bit of a luxury in budget terms. At his age he'd expect to play every week, so where would that leave Mayor and Sarce? Carey couldn't play anywhere else, apart from maybe left wingback but we've got Fadz and possibly Cooper there.

The one thing that makes me think this could be a goer is that RL did want Carey to stay last summer, presumably when he'd already identified Mayor as a top target. If that was the case then maybe he'd thought of a way of getting them both into the team.

Jun 27, 2019
Actually, could Carey play the holding role? He's got a tackle in him and we know he's good on the ball and can pass it with his eyes closed. He'd be a quality QB-style DM.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
I'd have Carey back as long as Ryan Lowe thinks that he can fit him into the team, and that the siging fits in with Simon Hallett's vision.

A midfield with Carey and Mayor, Sarcevic, Fadz et al complementing each other and playing well should in theory cause a lot of problems for the opposition, L1 or L2. I guess with football as with any team it's more than just the parts, it's also the sum of the parts - what that makes.

I would imagine that clubs and players are mostly waiting to see what the Govt. and FL sorts out before making commitments.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
WoodsyGreen":15h15gx6 said:
Actually, could Carey play the holding role? He's got a tackle in him and we know he's good on the ball and can pass it with his eyes closed. He'd be a quality QB-style DM.

I don't think he would be a big enough 'presence' in that role and would also be continually drifting away into positions where he can be more dangerous.

My preference was always when Carey played on the right and could cut in on his left. I think many of our best performances were with Carey and Lameiras playing with Carey on the right. So, IF Carey were to return I would play him in the right midfield berth instead of Sarcevic with Mayor in the left midfield berth (assuming...). But then I would also want to fit Sarcevic back in somewhere and it's not obvious where he would go because I don't think he is suitable for the defensive midfield role either and I want two forwards and I like having the wingbacks... Still, they say you should always have two good players for each position so to hell with it, let's just have McFadzean, Cooper, Mayor, Sarcevic AND Carey AND a couple of defensive midfielders AND a couple of right wing-backs and go for it! Oh, and I want Hardie in the team too!

Sep 6, 2006
WoodsyGreen":7w0lb01l said:

I've never seen him tackle!!!