Grandstand cost to rise | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand cost to rise

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Sorry, I can’t believe I have to say this AGAIN. The Mayflower isn’t simply having seats being bolted on, it’s being completely rebuilt inside and out, with a steeper rake.

And Shankster, if you think that a 21st century football stand redevelopment isn’t going to replace splintered wooden seats, then I don’t know what you’re smoking.

M

Monkey Nuts

Not really in te spirit if this thread, but I was wondering. If the roof now has to be replaced, at extra cost, is it going to be a straight like for like replacement, or a more modern design?
Would seem strange to build a brand new roof to a 1950s design.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The plan is to maintain the Leitchness of the original design.

N

NorfolkGreen

Biggs":1400e9bf said:
Sorry, I can’t believe I have to say this AGAIN. The Mayflower isn’t simply having seats being bolted on, it’s being completely rebuilt inside and out, with a steeper rake.

And Shankster, if you think that a 21st century football stand redevelopment isn’t going to replace splintered wooden seats, then I don’t know what you’re smoking.

Is there a link to what’s planned to be completed please? Or will I find it through the Herald website?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The only part of the Grandstand that will be standing at it's most incomplete (if that makes sense) will be the concrete and steelwork.

Feb 15, 2005
When did anything get cheaper anyway and for the grumpy whingers, the completion date is almost certainly going to slip and the finish will be late.

Jun 5, 2010
If they are keeping the same design of the roof,how is that going to work? It slopes and Brent said there will be another 4 metres ,i suppose to cover the front seats.But won't it slope to far for the people in the grandstand to see the pitch.Unless the extension is straight.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
The 4 meters extension is sideways towards the barn park end the front extension will not happen until the corners are completed & will then point up on an angle similar to the horse shoe

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
IJN":3pramn4p said:
Not correct Bri. The 4 meters is going on with the new roof.
Yes but did James not say at the fans forum that they would be extending it towards the barn park to even up the lop sidedness, & centralise the stand, with the front extension having to wait for the corners as they would provide the support structure to carry the additional weight.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't know I wasn't there, but four meters is deffo going on the new one. :thumbup:

Anyway you and I should only talk yards.

M

Monkey Nuts

IJN":33tfn0et said:
Not correct Bri. The 4 meters is going on with the new roof.

So is the new roof going to cover more of the lower tier, out towards the pitch....albeit as a similar design to the current roof? And also presumably towards the Barn Park end to cover the extended part of the stand with the control room or whatever it’s going to be?