Grandstand cost to rise | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand cost to rise

May 8, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":2qmgukej said:
DrewPAFC":2qmgukej said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2qmgukej said:
Abbotts Ann Green":2qmgukej said:
So when it has been, are you going to come back here and apologise for getting it wrong?

Getting what wrong? It has been stated publicly that the contract hasn’t yet been signed? It is a statement of fact!

Again, not quite:

“We signed a contract for the enabling works but the main contract is due to be signed in the middle of June.

Again, failing to see what your issue is?

That’s where the Devil is in the detail innit. Is it just outbuildings being ripped out, or Main Grandstand?

What would be more telling would be the reasons for the main contract not being signed yet. But I’m not sure JB stretches that far in the transparency dept.

The point that I don’t understand the fuss about is that it wouldn’t matter if the contract for the main works had been signed, as works can’t start until all the other phases and preliminary works are well underway or completed, works on these are currently being done.

Feb 8, 2005
Instead of sitting at your computer, Grumpy, and trying to bait those that are just as ignorant of business life as you are, why don't you read what others have written, and you will see that your queries have been answered.

It all seems sensible to me, why not you?

Or do you have another agenda in mind??????

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
Why would he tell everybody about the details of a private contract?

Last one from me:
It’s a standard agreement but the schedule is very complex

From the man himself.

Can't help but think you're hearing hoofbeats but thinking zebras...

Sep 17, 2017
Sean":1mbrof3y said:
This suggests Wring group demolition will be working on the Grandstand
https://mobile.twitter.com/wringdemo/st ... 5972500480

They did the work on Ashton Gate a few years ago and blew over Exeter's grandstand last season.

http://www.wringgroup.co.uk

Wring working there today popped up after work and they are removing the asbestos type roofing from the players entrance and media centre,

It’s happening, maybe not quick enough for some but we’re waited long enough so a little delay is easy to bear,

Stop banging on about it.

Aug 5, 2015
It’s bound not to be good enough even though the grandstand has not really been improved in living memory. But let’s not worry about that. Let’s just bitch and moan anyway

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Grumpy Loyal":24fz4gqi said:
DrewPAFC":24fz4gqi said:
The Grumpy Loyal":24fz4gqi said:
Abbotts Ann Green":24fz4gqi said:
So when it has been, are you going to come back here and apologise for getting it wrong?

Getting what wrong? It has been stated publicly that the contract hasn’t yet been signed? It is a statement of fact!

Again, not quite:

“We signed a contract for the enabling works but the main contract is due to be signed in the middle of June.

Again, failing to see what your issue is?

That’s where the Devil is in the detail innit. Is it just outbuildings being ripped out, or Main Grandstand?

What would be more telling would be the reasons for the main contract not being signed yet. But I’m not sure JB stretches that far in the transparency dept.

Stretches to going public on confidential contract negotiations with a contractor(s)? No I don't suppose he does :roll:

Oct 16, 2016
dunlop":i2i7l391 said:
Shankster":i2i7l391 said:
Still there no the Grandstand should stay as is. Wasted money.

Address the corporate areas below, ticket office, changing area and facilities, new roof, Kop, and amenities but lleave the stand up top as is, seats n all

That's all we are going to get except for plastic seats in the whole of the Mayflower with some fans having to pay more to sit in the same place because they are going to call it premium seating, a lot of peopl are going to be disappointed

Would explain the expenditure, or lack of, I suppose. I oversaw £230m worth of expenditure (which amounted to infrastructure and timber framed student accommodation 1700 bedrooms) at Exeter University and £80m at Carpenter House, Kings Cross, London 1200 rooms, which wasn’t huge in terms of actual construction related work. You get a couple of toilet cubicles and a Moben kitchen for £5m in today’s world (commercially), tiny amount of poetic licence (hyperbole) there but the point stands

Oct 24, 2010
Shankster":2g9ce4qx said:
dunlop":2g9ce4qx said:
Shankster":2g9ce4qx said:

Address the corporate areas below, ticket office, changing area and facilities, new roof, Kop, and amenities but lleave the stand up top as is, seats n all

That's all we are going to get except for plastic seats in the whole of the Mayflower with some fans having to pay more to sit in the same place because they are going to call it premium seating, a lot of peopl are going to be disappointed

Would explain the expenditure, or lack of, I suppose. I oversaw £230m worth of expenditure (which amounted to infrastructure and timber framed student accommodation 1700 bedrooms) at Exeter University and £80m at Carpenter House, Kings Cross, London 1200 rooms, which wasn’t huge in terms of actual construction related work. You get a couple of toilet cubicles and a Moben kitchen for £5m in today’s world (commercially), tiny amount of poetic licence (hyperbole) there but the point stands
You are utilising a bit more than a tiny bit of poetic license, depending on site conditions and infrastructure costs £5m would build you around 25 - 30 decent size three bed semi's. Also are you sure you have got your sums right, £230m for 1700 bedrooms is colossal, there must have been a huge amount of infrastructure. As a matter if interest where in Exeter was the project?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All part of the Herald/Akkeron conspiracy.

giphy.gif

Oct 16, 2016
esmer":1krmrhfk said:
Shankster":1krmrhfk said:
dunlop":1krmrhfk said:
Shankster":1krmrhfk said:

You are utilising a bit more than a tiny bit of poetic license, depending on site conditions and infrastructure costs £5m would build you around 25 - 30 decent size three bed semi's. Also are you sure you have got your sums right, £230m for 1700 bedrooms is colossal, there must have been a huge amount of infrastructure. As a matter if interest where in Exeter was the project?

Birks Grange, Duryard, Lafrowda, St Germans. Full total inc refurb was closer to 2500. It included roads, estate etc BUT surprisingly little in terms of construction

£5m is nothing, a drop on the universe let alone ocean