Grandstand Heebee-Jeebies | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Heebee-Jeebies

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
khennes_904":1d0oybt8 said:
Southampton Green":1d0oybt8 said:
After many years in the Lyndhurst and Devonport I recently did a match up in the Grandstand just to sit in the “old lady” before she goes forever. I am no Derek Acora, but one area behind the stand made me feel a tad ‘uncomfortable’ for no explicable reason, and another area made me feel ‘strongly uncomfortable’ as if there was a strong spiritual presence up there (with dark undertones). Has anyone else ever felt the Heebee-Jeebies up behind the stand in the Grandstand, or is it just me? Just asking out of interest, nothing serious.

Are you for real ?

The only spiritual presence comes from the numerous hip - flasks .

See what happens when you mock the demon of the Grandstand toilets - Plymouth is hit with an earthquake :shock:

C

Cult Of Personality

I miss standing at the front of the Mayflower with my old man. You would always get the same people around where you stood aswell. Just something about it as a kid made me fall in love with football and argyle

M

Mariner1966

I agree COP I have very fond memories of standing there with some older fellas around us,and as the years rolled on they slowly left for the theatre of greens in the sky RIP

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I spent the first 10 years of my Argyle life standing, always wondered why anyone sat. Could walk about and chat with everyone.

Even remember the old chap behind me who used to light up a pipe before the match, whenever I smelt a pipe after that (granted rarely) I always thought of being in the terrace.

I feel seats kill the social aspect that standing allowed.

Sep 7, 2006
Willis88":2jdxf5gs said:
I spent the first 10 years of my Argyle life standing, always wondered why anyone sat. Could walk about and chat with everyone.

Even remember the old chap behind me who used to light up a pipe before the match, whenever I smelt a pipe after that (granted rarely) I always thought of being in the terrace.

I feel seats kill the social aspect that standing allowed.

Agreed. My first decade supporting Argyle was on the terrace. Same crew every week, as you say. I didn't see your pipe chap, but I do remember overcoat guy. Came to the game dressed for the office, very mild mannered when you'd speak to him beforehand, but absolutely lost it each and every game.