Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move!

May 16, 2016
Stuart House":1x0lrval said:
I've not seen anything on here, but there seems to be a long post on Free Chat regarding the GT's being asked to fund the build of the supporters bar inside the stadium.

Not wishing to use that place as a credible source of information is anyone able to shed light on this.

What is the arrangement? What are they being asked to fund? If true why is it not included in the build cost?

It's not normal practice for a developer to ask the tenant to fund the build of the unit they are renting.

Isn't there a GT Meeting prior to the Wimbledon game to update folks ?

C

CADMAN

Stuart House":ae2du9nb said:
I've not seen anything on here, but there seems to be a long post on Free Chat regarding the GT's being asked to fund the build of the supporters bar inside the stadium.

Not wishing to use that place as a credible source of information is anyone able to shed light on this.

What is the arrangement? What are they being asked to fund? If true why is it not included in the build cost?

It's not normal practice for a developer to ask the tenant to fund the build of the unit they are renting.
Surely this is just someone trying to stir up trouble. After all we have been told I fully expect there to be no truth in this whatsoever.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Stuart House":3qr0c9ws said:

Is the prospective GTs bar INSIDE the stadium? I thought it would be separate...

And I'm losing track here, but what's the two-story supporters bar slated for the Grandstand/BPE corner? Is that nothing to do with the GTs?

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Who knows Biggs, thats the point. Some clarity would be good, if nothing else to stop the misconceptions being spread. Once people read something, regardless of the truth it then becomes fact.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Stuart House":2fhm1ikx said:

I think you are referring to something that Paul Hart explained at Senior Greens yesterday. This was it, in summary, as I posted on the Senior Greens thread.

Paul Hart reported on the progress on development with regard to the new bar and hospitality facilities.
The marquee used by Green Taverners is being moved to the top end of the car park to make way for construction of the ice arena. The Senior Greens’ meetings from March onwards will be held in the re- located marquee until the new bar and hospitality facilities are built.
Green Taverners are to be heavily involved with these new facilities and supporters will be invited to volunteer to help both physically and financially in this part of the project.
More detail can obviously be obtained by speaking to Gary Maguire or any of the Green Taverners volunteers.
The level of commitment of this small group of volunteers that was formed in 2011 is commendable.

'Keepitgreen' posted this as a follow up from Green Taverners.

Hi guys,
The Green Taverners Suite will be open at 17:20 on the 13th February - before the Wimbledon game for an open meeting. We’ll be giving you all an update on our new venue as well as some insight into our way forward.
If you have any queries then please come along!

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Stuart House":g6erjpe5 said:

I don't think the GT's were "asked" to fund it, more like they volunteered to do so...

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-1131738

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You got there just before me! They're not new though, we've seen them all before.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
SwimWithTheTide":3c85cfy1 said:
Neither new, nor how it will look.

Exactly, it's a rubbish image anyway. The best ones are still the sketches from the planning application, like these...

Edit... I realise now you probably mean it won't have the corners.

May 22, 2006
I had a chilling thought just now so please put my mind at rest.

We didn't sign with Carillion did we? That'd be so very Argyle if we did.