Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move! | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move!

Feb 8, 2005
I was under the impression that the grandstand roof, which was going to be replaced in phase 2, now has to be replaced in phase 1, and I presumed it would be able to give some cover to the Mayflower seating that is going to be re-introduced.

Can anyone confirm, or know what the picture is?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It will be replaced in Stage 1, both because it needs replacing and to extend it toward the Barn Park end.

Stage 2 adds the corners, which then allows the engineering possibilities to support the lower tier-covering extension to that new roof.

I think :lol:

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Sat in a different seat in the Grandstand tonight watching the youth team the girders are definitely a problem.

M

Monkey Nuts

I really hope that they get around to the stage 2 at some point in the not too distant future.... I’m happy with the refurb.... restricted £££ available and all that, but it’s just gonna look unfinished and a bit too naff if they don’t.

May 16, 2016
dunlop":w3fehv3m said:
Sat in a different seat in the Grandstand tonight watching the youth team the girders are definitely a problem.

And difficult to describe as comfy. I'd forgotten what they were like to sit on. Girders aside, hopefully a more pleasurable experience lies ahead for it's regular users.

Dec 3, 2005
Is there an actual start date yet?
And plans for the supporters who sit in the Grandstand?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Monkey Nuts":2fcsw24j said:
I really hope that they get around to the stage 2 at some point in the not too distant future.... I’m happy with the refurb.... restricted £££ available and all that, but it’s just gonna look unfinished and a bit too naff if they don’t.

You’ll be waiting a long time. Brent even stated at one of the q&a’s that were finance even available in the future his preference wouldn’t be to spend it on finishing the ground.

While Brent holds the reins I’d put my mortgage on stage two never happening.

In the meantime the far more likely prospect of the corners being sold off by Brent like he tried to do last time ( studio school dentists etc ffs ) is far and away the biggest worry. And once that is done, it is done.

It’s actually a bit of a disgrace that the Herald keep throwing up pictures of a ground with the corners finished. Misleading in the extreme.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’ve seen your predictions too many times to respect them, Grumpy. When, OK if, stage 2 is completed you will simply move on to something else to criticise JB about.

I would look for some screenshots to demonstrate but I have been advised against that.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

davie nine":1c1m9b1a said:
I’ve seen your predictions too many times to respect them, Grumpy. When, OK if, stage 2 is completed you will simply move on to something else to criticise JB about.

I would look for some screenshots to demonstrate but I have been advised against that.

What are you going on about? Advised against it? I tell you what, you show me a quote or video where JB commits to stage two?

Then I'll show you a video where he tells everyone in the Q&A how he would not want to do it.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

davie nine":2oavc1na said:
For a start, you were convinced that stage 1 wouldn’t happen.

I think you are confusing 'not happening', with not WANTING it to happen. That was certainly the case with HHP mk1. And of course we know how that fell away.

Mk2 with Hallett funding a refurb of the grandstand? I've said all along that Hallett coming on board is a good thing.

Try to play the ball, not the man Davie. That's what those that 'advise you' always do.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":7qmxkzfu said:
davie nine":7qmxkzfu said:

I think you are confusing 'not happening', with not WANTING it to happen. That was certainly the case with HHP mk1. And of course we know how that fell away.

Mk2 with Hallett funding a refurb of the grandstand? I've said all along that Hallett coming on board is a good thing.

Try to play the ball, not the man Davie. That's what those that 'advise you' always do.

I think IJN will allow me this response.

Davie - Hallett is savvy enough to know that once the Freehold is bought the value of his shareholding will rocket overnight, particularly if a new planning permission is granted. That is why he is on board.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

davie nine":3m1f6e20 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3m1f6e20 said:
davie nine":3m1f6e20 said:

I think IJN will allow me this response.

Davie - Hallett is savvy enough to know that once the Freehold is bought the value of his shareholding will rocket overnight, particularly if a new planning permission is granted. That is why he is on board.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? You're obviously having private messages with IJN about me which in itself is sad in the extreme.

But that aside, I've never said that Hallett being on Board is a bad thing - regardless of whatever his motives may be he is a hundred times more preferable than the Chairman! While you're doing the private detective stuff though, keep an eye on the value of the shareholding when figures are next announced.

1-2!!!!