Grant is open to extending his Argyle career | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grant is open to extending his Argyle career

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Players of that ilk would demand a significant transfer fee in the current market which we are unlikely to be able to afford.

I’d keep Grant as he’s a good utility player but I certainly wouldn’t want him being a shoe-in for being part of the starting XI week in, week out. I think we need at least two new CDMs (depending on whether MacLeod stays).

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Fergy":1ledxmdo said:
Players of that ilk would demand a significant transfer fee in the current market which we are unlikely to be able to afford.

I’d keep Grant as he’s a good utility player but I certainly wouldn’t want him being a shoe-in for being part of the starting XI week in, week out. I think we need at least two new CDMs (depending on whether MacLeod stays).

Think Randell will be one of those two CDMs

Sep 22, 2020
it would be brilliant if Randell was given a first team opportunity next season along with Law. With Cooper and Jephcott also, four home grown players in the starting squad would be what many fans would like to see long term instead of loans and be real testament to what a good job Kevin Hodges did.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Brechin Hedge":1dt6woog said:
it would be brilliant if Randell was given a first team opportunity next season along with Law. With Cooper and Jephcott also, four home grown players in the starting squad would be what many fans would like to see long term instead of loans and be real testament to what a good job Kevin Hodges did.

It would be great, and would be on strategy in terms of player development. If they do though, can we not all get over excited when they play well, then slam them as not being up to it when they don’t. As per Jephcott. £3 mill price tag til Christmas. A future star! Non league after. Patience is a virtue with youth. They are kids and will make mistakes, as per Opoku, Watts, Lewis etc. And I very much doubt we’ll see them starting as it’s clear that experience is the priority now.

Feb 9, 2021
themightykeithfear":2hlky0qz said:
Grant has qualities , I prefer him out wide where he has a bit more time on the ball but if Cooper is fit is he a luxury squad player?

Danny is among the best and most exciting players in league 1, maybe only 2nd to Dembele for dribbling. However the management has to work out how to play to get an end product out of him, practice shooting for starters.
I have to laugh when I hear how great Danny is and that Conner Grant assists are all down to Danny!
Just for the record, of Grants 14 assists Danny has assisted him twice yes twice!
Danny has 3 league assists and 2 f a cup assists(both assisted by Grant!) and 1 league cup
This is not having a go at Danny it's just to clarify people's perceptions
Grant is also one of our players and has been outstanding this season with 14 assists and let's not forget he has scored 4 league goals from outside the box compared to Danny's 1
I think a little credit should perhaps be directed towards Grant and I think he will be a big loss if he goes which looks likely given his stats this season
I hope this puts to bed the myth of Danny assisting the assister in relation to Connet Grant