Gregg Wylde joins Morecombe on loan | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gregg Wylde joins Morecombe on loan

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Morecombe must be desperate.....why did he come back only Derek Adams can answer that.

Oct 24, 2010
The truth is that in modern football traditional, one dimensional,touchline hugging wingers are a thing of the past.They need to bring a lot more to their game. Wylde has to adapt if he is to have a future.
The same challenge faces strikers who are more comfortable as one of a pair. They need to learn and become adept at the lone striker role to survive.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Wylde always threatened to excite but never did. Always expected him to do well but it never happened. Always 9well almost always) his shots would fly miles ovr the bar. My last straw with him was at Rotherham when they scored last seconds and he had two chances to welly it away inside our own box but faffed around.

And he parks where he likes :lol:

G

greengiant1886

I'll hold my hands up because I thought that when we re-signed him he would offer us something different. Unfortunately League 1 just isn't his standard but I'm sure that for a side like Morecambe he can provide some pace and width which at the bottom of League 2 is pretty hard to come by sometimes.

Apr 9, 2011
Didn't seem to fit into D A's plans first time around so a complete mystery why he brought him back again, in recent weeks he's been going further & further down the pecking order.

Oct 16, 2016
Interesting that during the poor run of results earlier in the season we’d be screaming for Mr Adams to make subs, inject pace and width, but subs were (or it seemed we’re) few and far between.

Now we seem to use the subs.... confusing

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I know he's getting on a bit now but Wylde will do well to be selected ahead of a fully fit Kevin Ellison.

One of my favourite opposition players of recent years. Always plays with a smile on his face, banters with the opposition fans, and has hurt us on the pitch on several occasions with speed of thought and deed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Still remember the exocet on his debut at Wimbledon.

Enjoyed him first time around. Good luck at Morecambe hope you do well.

Feb 23, 2008
Shame he's gone in my opinion, exciting player to watch, got us further up the pitch when under pressure etc.

Sometimes wondered if he'd be more effective in a central role.

Jul 29, 2010
PL15 Green":3tumqiu5 said:
Majesticmacc":3tumqiu5 said:
Thought he could have got a better club than this to go out on loan too, even bottom of our current league, but anyway good luck Greg
Would Argyle really want to loan a player to one of our "rivals" ????
Not any old player though, Gregg Wylde.

Think about it, restricting a rival to only one successful cross/shot out of ten?

T'would be a tactical masterstroke :nworthy:

OK, that's harsh, he did give us a 'moment' at Pompey in the play-off season...

...but that's it for me, an otherwise hugely frustrating player that I could see not one good reason for re-signing in the summer.

...and he wears coloured boots...

...and his household has a R*nge R*ver...

...and they can't even park the bleddy monstrosity either.

BYEEEE :wave:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Only on loan.....

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Mark Pedlar":pl7yqc49 said:
Only on loan.....

I bet he's probably on a 12 month rolling contract which won't be renewed. This is his chance to put himself on the market now.

Shame to see him go but in this league you need players you can rely on to deliver more than 1 in 10. Hopefully he'll do himself proud in L2

Jan 27, 2012
Reading these posts, anyone would think Wilde is a hopeless player. But he was pretty successful in his first stint with the club and had some very good games- prompting Millwall to snap him up. A lot of people on PASOTI were very disappointed that he left Argyle at that time.

In his second spell with Argyle he has hardly played any games. So it’s not really fair to say that he is not up to League One standard. You could have said the same thing about Lameris until a few weeks ago, and now everyone is saying what a marvellous player he is.

Morecombe have a decent player on their hands.

Jul 29, 2010
Well we'll see how he fares then won't we. I doubt they'll renew interest when the loan expires.

I back my judgement, easy on the eye in possession, poor on the stats for goals/assists for the good work leading up to a shot/cross. One of, if not THE, most frustrating player I have ever witnessed in an Argyle shirt. There have been worse players, but he grinds my gears sooo much more than a simple rank bad player, his approach play is Premiership but his final ball is Sunday League.