Hallett: “We've made mistakes” | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hallett: “We've made mistakes”

Oct 5, 2013
Hallett showing just how little he understands about football (having said as much himself) and is quite prepared to have us go back to league one where of course he can afford to run a club.
I would assume he would rather we were there and someone takes over from him once we are a top league one team every season but no aspiration of going back to the Championship, he could of course just be bored of the toy now?
I don’t like the tone of what you have written. As regards its content I find it factually incorrect, since the new 5-year plan involves Argyle being in the Championship.

Aug 10, 2006
I don’t like the tone of what you have written. As regards its content I find it factually incorrect, since the new 5-year plan involves Argyle being in the Championship.
When did he say that all he said was he had a 5 year plan not what it was fact.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Foster had to go but things haven’t improved much under Dewsnip/Nancekivell, there was a lot of talk at the start about letting the shackles off and wanting to play with freedom and flare, unfortunately I haven’t seen a lot of evidence to back those words up, the performances against Stoke and Millwall were Foster performances.
I think the problem is we lost two key players vital to ‘freedom and flare’. One to Boro. One to Stoke. Nance is making do with what he’s got and outside a few scratchy huff and puff performances like Leicester, it’s clearly not good enough. If we are lucky enough to stay up, the bones of this team aren’t enough to keep us up next year

May 16, 2016
Wow, this thread has lifted a few rocks hasn't it. Some embarrassing character revelations.

Slating the Chairman for what they think he said, without ever reading it, being corrected but sticking to their baseless argument.

How many of the 'experts' demanding some sort of hurty feeling reparations were actually around the last time we were failing at this level or drowning in the administration days ? Some may have actually been to Home Park this season too.

Maybe relegation is a good thing in that it'll pull the flush.

Reactions: oldage

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Hallett showing just how little he understands about football (having said as much himself) and is quite prepared to have us go back to league one where of course he can afford to run a club.
I would assume he would rather we were there and someone takes over from him once we are a top league one team every season but no aspiration of going back to the Championship, he could of course just be bored of the toy now?
What's wrong with that? Anyone on here, or anyone who criticises SH are very welcome to come forward and buy the club off him. I never quite understand this attitude from fans demanding the owner of a club to invest vast sums of money in it.

Also, how does it demonstrate him knowing very little about football? When IH was appointed lots of people on here (including me) were cautiously optimistic about the appointment based on his coaching experience. It didn't work out, it happens and it has happened to every single club multiple times throughout their existence.

SH has run this club pragmatically and to the best of his ability and stepped in when others had no interest. If we go down to L1, I would argue that it has more to do with the vast gaps in wealth that exist in football these days rather than our chairman's knowledge.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Wow, this thread has lifted a few rocks hasn't it. Some embarrassing character revelations.

Slating the Chairman for what they think he said, without ever reading it, being corrected but sticking to their baseless argument.

How many of the 'experts' demanding some sort of hurty feeling reparations were actually around the last time we were failing at this level or drowning in the administration days ? Some may have actually been to Home Park this season too.

Maybe relegation is a good thing in that it'll pull the flush.
Hallett should not be above criticism, we all appreciate everything he has done good for the club but when he screws up he should be called out.

Reactions: RochdaleGreen

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
What's wrong with that? Anyone on here, or anyone who criticises SH are very welcome to come forward and buy the club off him. I never quite understand this attitude from fans demanding the owner of a club to invest vast sums of money in it.

Also, how does it demonstrate him knowing very little about football? When IH was appointed lots of people on here (including me) were cautiously optimistic about the appointment based on his coaching experience. It didn't work out, it happens and it has happened to every single club multiple times throughout their existence.

SH has run this club pragmatically and to the best of his ability and stepped in when others had no interest. If we go down to L1, I would argue that it has more to do with the vast gaps in wealth that exist in football these days rather than our chairman's knowledge.
I agree but he has stated he doesn't know much about football, I'm sure understands enough to watch games like the rest of us but I'm sure he meant all the behind the scenes stuff.
I love the guy but he states he made mistakes so he should spit it all out and tell everyone what he's done wrong, based on being open and transparent.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think the problem is we lost two key players vital to ‘freedom and flare’. One to Boro. One to Stoke. Nance is making do with what he’s got and outside a few scratchy huff and puff performances like Leicester, it’s clearly not good enough. If we are lucky enough to stay up, the bones of this team aren’t enough to keep us up next year
That's the bottom line really. We lost all our creativity when those two left and what we have left in many positions is just not up to the required level, try as they might.

Feb 10, 2024
Hallett should not be above criticism, we all appreciate everything he has done good for the club but when he screws up he should be called out.
‘Screws up’ ? He has done a great job as have all the other staff at the club. Just the sudden exit of a great Manager , losing key loaned players and then all the staff joining the Manager left Argyle in the lurch at a key stage of the season. Only mistake was Foster. Spending money we ain’t got would finish like it did the last time we left the Championship .

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Calling him out is not suggesting he knows nothing about football LG.
Calling him out is not suggesting he would rather be in League One so it makes a more attractive purchase if we're near the top.
Calling him out is not suggesting that he might be bored with his toy now.

Your lack of empathy for the Chairman is astonishing. He's a fan first and foremost and he's as worried about relegation as most fans. (I know some fans would rather be back there so they can witness more wins).
Call him out when justified by all means, but not by spouting sh*te.
Enjoy today's match.

Jul 28, 2020
Agree with this

We need a strong, charismatic character at the helm with a clear vision.something different than has gone before......and no links to dewsnip

If the new man is known to dewsnip we could be headed for trouble in my view

I haven't seen any evidence thus far, that Dewsnip's ideas, which appear to be based around his time at the England youth set up, actually work in a league setting......

Reactions: Daisy Green