Halmosi scouted in attempt to bring him home! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Halmosi scouted in attempt to bring him home!

Jul 29, 2010
Keepitgreen":2kiqvh6w said:
X Isle":2kiqvh6w said:
greenshep7":2kiqvh6w said:
Would love to see him back, he would murder any right back at this level, if he is the same player that left.................

And that's the key ingredient. He's the wrong side of thirty now, that little burst of pace was key to his game, has he still got it?. Without it are the L1 defenders he would have once 'murdered' going to get close enough to kick lumps out of him.
With his lack of anything but reserve football in recent years it'd be a gamble, he'd be looking for a 'one last hurrah' contract so it would be an expensive gamble too.
I'd love to see the old Halmosi back though.

Wrong side of 30??? He's 31 in 2 days. Wrong side of 30 is 35 - 40.

You must be 34 then if you're trying to convince us that's the right side of 30!.
Whilst one would be the wrong side of one's 30's the day after one's 35th birthday, one most definately does become the wrong side of 30 the day after one's 30th birthday.
The point is valid, he could be much different as a footballer at 31 than he was at 28.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
greendream":13pm5ps1 said:
I talk poo because my opinion differs to yours???? TUGBOAT?????

I didnt rate him,end of

Understood
8)

A

Anonymous

Halmosi was offered to Argyle on-loan a few weeks ago but we, understandably, could not afford a percentage of his wages.

Jan 7, 2004
IF he can provide the service we need for the strikers I say go for it. Worth busting the bank a little for a player of his quality in this league.

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
Long Old Poke":otzalxs3 said:
IF he can provide the service we need for the strikers I say go for it. Worth busting the bank a little for a player of his quality in this league.

Is he though?

Have you seen him play recently?

Or are you judging him off what you saw 2 years ago, if he was the same player we sold 2 years ago, do you not think Hull would play him?

I personally would love him back.... Providing he played like he did 2 years ago......

Realistically, taking my green tinted shades off..... I dont think he is

2 years gathering dust in the reserves cant have made him a BETTER player, and he'll want too much money, more than we can safely spend

Jan 2, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2d1f5oy8 said:
Halmosi was offered to Argyle on-loan a few weeks ago but we, understandably, could not afford a percentage of his wages.

but a few weeks ago would most probably have been before the transfer
window and so a loan term loan. Any loan deal now would be initially
for a month. Four weeks wages might be a risk worth taking to see if he was able to kick start our season and help increase crowds

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
BojanTheGreat":4nb6llvz said:
PL2 3DQ":4nb6llvz said:

for a month. Four weeks wages might be a risk worth taking to see if he was able to kick start our season and help increase crowds

Not a bad idea Bojan.

I just don't think he would seriously consider coming here. Didn't his missus hate the place ? :(

A

Anonymous

:lol:

We can't afford anyone, where on Earth has this come from?

R

Rupert

Agents talking up fictitious deals in order to drum up interest in their clients, I reckon.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
greenpig27":3oqjdfuu said:
BojanTheGreat":3oqjdfuu said:
PL2 3DQ":3oqjdfuu said:

Not a bad idea Bojan.

I just don't think he would seriously consider coming here. Didn't his missus hate the place ? :(

Well if she loves Hull and hates Plymouth I would suggest her taste is influenced by proximity to money and not THe Hoe.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I agree with Rupert, i just cannot see us being able to afford his wages, especially if Sheff Utd could not either that tells me that Hull want most if not all of his wages paid for.

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Quintrell_Green":3rchvc2a said:
greenpig27":3rchvc2a said:
BojanTheGreat":3rchvc2a said:
PL2 3DQ":3rchvc2a said:

Not a bad idea Bojan.

Well if she loves Hull and hates Plymouth I would suggest her taste is influenced by proximity to money and not THe Hoe.

:) :) Probably spot-on QG.

A

Anonymous

LiskeardLooney":1z7i5ycg said:
2 years gathering dust in the reserves cant have made him a BETTER player, and he'll want too much money, more than we can safely spend

He spent the last 3 months of last season playing for Szombathelyi Haladas in the top league in Hungary.

Sep 22, 2008
Rupert":dc98iqhz said:
Halmosi wouldn't or couldn't go to Sheffield United because the Blades couldn't do a deal with Hull to bring their share of his wages down to a level they could afford. Does anybody think really think Argyle will succeed where the Blades failed?

Sheffield Star

And, just in case anyone thinks the wages aren't really the problem:

Hull Daily Mail

This thread should be on Rumours, by the way.

Didn't you tell people to forget about seeing Seip in a green shirt again??