Heads up ref watch (Carey) (Argyle complain to FA) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Heads up ref watch (Carey) (Argyle complain to FA)

May 16, 2016
Maybe the appeal decision is based on the evidence provided by Peterborough and only what the referee and assistants saw at the time. The video evidence (not seen or ignored by the Panel) that proves their guy was guilty and deserved at least the second yellow may not have been considered 'admissible' as it wasn't official footage.

Load of plop if it is the case and although the 3 Points are safely in the bag, it's no consolation for allowing cheats to prosper.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Interesting one, if the red card does get reinstated it will go to show that manager's like Evans should keep quiet. I'm sure if he hadn't called Carey's character into question we would have had no reason to challenge their appeal.

As it stands he gets away with effectively calling our player a cheat and the FA agree with this by voiding the red. Argyle are doing the right thing standing by our man's reputation.

Does anyone know if the player will still serve a suspension? It would have been a 2nd yellow anyway so a 1 match ban is still surely in order?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":36n3ux3m said:
Interesting one, if the red card does get reinstated it will go to show that manager's like Evans should keep quiet. I'm sure if he hadn't called Carey's character into question we would have had no reason to challenge their appeal.

As it stands he gets away with effectively calling our player a cheat and the FA agree with this by voiding the red. Argyle are doing the right thing standing by our man's reputation.

Does anyone know if the player will still serve a suspension? It would have been a 2nd yellow anyway so a 1 match ban is still surely in order?

The panel are not empowered to issue a yellow card. They can only go along with the referee’s decision or cancel the automatic suspension.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":35vuyea4 said:
I suspect that the FL will acknowledge Argyle's correspondence and ignore it. They do not want to put themselves in a position where the issue / incident continues to run after they have deliberated and made a decision to rescind the red card. I feel the whole process is weak/blighted, where there is a limit to the video evidence, as created by the absence of additional camera angles as seen with SKY PREMIERSHIP games.

The issue of the red card is over and it would be very unusual to reopen it. Argyle’s observations will be investigated and could result in Evans facing a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. The penalty of which will not include suspension of any players.

Aug 17, 2005
Just being devil's advocate what if they decide that shepherd has.deliberately lied about what happened could he be charged with bringing the game into disrepute

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Interesting to know the conversation between Evans and Shepherd when he found that he had lied to him and made the manager look an idiot (not for the first time and not a difficult achievement).

At least, Steven Taylor admitted his offence and was fined by Peterborough, according to Evans. Perhaps Shepherd will also get fined following the conclusive evidence against him.

Tim Roughton

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Sep 17, 2003
London
davie nine":2inlzrm9 said:
Interesting to know the conversation between Evans and Shepherd when he found that he had lied to him and made the manager look an idiot (not for the first time and not a difficult achievement).

At least, Steven Taylor admitted his offence and was fined by Peterborough, according to Evans. Perhaps Shepherd will also get fined following the conclusive evidence against him.

Don't hold your breath.

Evans knows and always knew that Shepard deliberately blocked Carey. His counter attack against Carey is a deliberate and cynical bluff to try to deflect attention away from his cheating players and to change the media's narrative. When he's finished with football, he'll have a job waiting for him in the Russian propaganda department.

Remember that Evans is a convicted fraudster. There is no reason to trust his word.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I’d assume the Russians would be far more selective and go for a Jose than an Evans, given their immense capability to influence ‘the social’; but each their own poison when stereotyping.

Evans may be a frequent truth dodger, but there is mostly sense in what he’s saying in this instance on that incident. Unpleasant as it is to digest, obviously.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Merely relying on what I saw live on iFollow and heard in reports shortly after, then concluded at the time, davie.

No personal tribunal. So far.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟