Heads up ref watch (Carey) (Argyle complain to FA) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Heads up ref watch (Carey) (Argyle complain to FA)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Tony_Flags":13u9xf2c said:
That angle changes my view. Still not sure that’s red, it is a second yellow though.

A disciplinary hearing cannot change the colour of the card.

Had red ref issued a second yellow along with a red card, the suspension would have been one game. The straight red receives three matches.

The hearing has only two options. To impose the three match ban (or more if they see fit) or, overturn the suspension completely.

Red cards are never rescinded though. Even when a hearing “overturns” a red card the sending g off remains on a player’s disciplinary record forever more. Why? Because the referee’s decision is always final and no commission is above the laws of the game.

Oct 24, 2010
If Steve saw that I don't think he would be appealing it. Just goes to show how difficult refereeing is; same incident; two angles; two completely different conclusions.

Oct 24, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":2j9k50sc said:
Daddy Kool":2j9k50sc said:
Anyone on hear know how to send this clip to the F A then go for it and get justice for Carey!

The guy was sent off. Wasn’t justice served?
It would be justice for the officials though.

May 4, 2015
davie nine":3retlc8u said:
Gives the Channel 5 presenters and Dermot Gallagher, on Sky, something to reconsider.
Absolutely, and the mis-conception that has been bubbling that we (Argyle) cheated our way to victory.

if this video can be sent to sky / fa / Channel 5 whoever then it should. Its critical evidence that helps Argyle and Carey clear his name and may make the pundits reconsider their comments

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
.....and a copy to Steve Evans. Says he fined Taylor, perhaps he should consider fining Shepherd and apologising to the officials.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Red card rescinded for Shephard. Bizarrely if given the second yellow it deserved he would be suspended next game, but as given a dodgy straight red it is rescinded and no suspension.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
So ... when a player is making a run off the ball, you can legitimately deliberately block him and stick your shoulder under his chin so that he runs into it and hurts himself? All game long they deliberately blocked running players. When was the obstruction offence repealed? :think:

Fine .. carry on then! :facepalm:

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Once Gallagher gave his opinion on ref watch you could bet your bottom dollar that was going to be the decision, they (refs) have the same mentality, these appeal boards and the same who view VAR should have a mixture ex players and referees to give a judgement.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
The problem is that deliberate obstruction is a yellow card offence and not a red. The hapless ref on Saturday failed to deal with this Peterborough tactic all game. He should have given several yellows early on, instead he gave multiple no cards to repeat offenders and then a red.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It is not justice for Graham Carey but at the end of the day Argyle won a fractious promotion linked fixture which was aided by the absence of a Peterborough player during part of that game. I think Argyle can be quite satisfied really.
If Shepherd has this on field tactic as part of his rubbish game he will be found out sooner or later.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
I can only assume that the appeals board or whoever they are, are not allowed to use fan videos to make a decision and have to use the official camera. In which case it looks not as bad, however, if they were to have used the video from behind the goal that we have all seen then the decision looks a bit more easy to make.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Kevin_Dacombe":2p52165e said:
I can only assume that the appeals board or whoever they are, are not allowed to use fan videos to make a decision and have to use the official camera. In which case it looks not as bad, however, if they were to have used the video from behind the goal that we have all seen then the decision looks a bit more easy to make.

That video does appear to suggest a straight red card was correct but I doubt Peterborough would have presented that as evidence even if they had it available because doesn’t support their case. What we not privy to is the referee’s report. The hearing have decided that video evidence doesn’t match what the ref is claiming had happened.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":5msnx78q said:
Kevin_Dacombe":5msnx78q said:

That video does appear to suggest a straight red card was correct but I doubt Peterborough would have presented that as evidence even if they had it available because doesn’t support their case. What we not privy to is the referee’s report. The hearing have decided that video evidence doesn’t match what the ref is claiming had happened.

In that case I feel sorry for the referee.