Heads up ref watch (Carey) (Argyle complain to FA) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Heads up ref watch (Carey) (Argyle complain to FA)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Much more than just a 'coming together'.

Hope the FA have a look at this angle before considering the appeal.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
It's either a yellow or a red surely? At best it's an off the ball body check worthy of a yellow.

I think I read that the player was on a booking anyway so he should have walked either way. The ref, having not seen it for himself therefore made a good call in showing a straight red to allow the incident to be appealed and reviewed, a 2nd yellow would have prevented this.

As far as our game is concerned though, the correct outcome of a sending off was achieved.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Handy little left hook to the body as well.

Aug 17, 2005
No because the insinuation has been that it was Carey who ran into the defender. The clips shows a totally different picture and if the FA come down on the side of the defender this could give an opinion on forthcoming refs that Carey deliberately looks for the free kick

Apr 6, 2009
Its not so much the 'justice' but haven't players had bans retrospectively for diving in the past??

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
signalspast":3dtp5ghp said:
No because the insinuation has been that it was Carey who ran into the defender. The clips shows a totally different picture and if the FA come down on the side of the defender this could give an opinion on forthcoming refs that Carey deliberately looks for the free kick

I think you are going too deep. Carey was entitled to go down whether the defender deliberately took him out or if it was a genuine coming together. If any hearing decides that the referee made a clear error of judgement of the incident and overturns the automatic suspension, that in no way is saying that Carey took a dive.