Heads up ref watch (Carey) (Argyle complain to FA) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Heads up ref watch (Carey) (Argyle complain to FA)

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
The ref did not see it, clear by his reaction straight away, lyndy Lino didn't see anything (all game, apart from pen scuffing up...bless him)

Other Lino and 4th official must have had something to say. Or more likely he buckled. Looked very soft.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
My first shout from the grandstand was a red could not believe the ref did not see it, now seeing it several times no more than a yellow.

Mar 8, 2016
Loved the way Home park was very loud in their green tinted opinion to let the ref know what decision he should be making. It’s been a while since I’ve heard the Home park crowd put pressure on the ref like that, it use to be every home match in the sturrock days. We definitely helped with the result on Saturday.

May 4, 2015
Army green":xeqf4q8b said:
Loved the way Home park was very loud in their green tinted opinion to let the ref know what decision he should be making. It’s been a while since I’ve heard the Home park crowd put pressure on the ref like that, it use to be every home match in the sturrock days. We definitely helped with the result on Saturday.
And there is nothing wrong with that. We have faced "homers" often enough on our travels.

To be honest, I felt the red itself was soft, but they should have already been down to 10 at that stage for the treatment of Ness. They constantly surrounded the ref, and the scuffing of the penalty spot is worse (IMHO) than diving.
For the record, I felt Fox was lucky to escape unpunished, lets just hope it doesn't make referees go the other way and start earning a reputation for ourselves - forget who it was, maybe Suarez who's reputation proceeded him and he couldn't get a pen for love nor money come the end of his Liverpool career?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Great interview with Steve Evans where he confirms that Peterborough have put in the appeal. Expects it to be overturned. Seems like we've got a new player called Josh Carey. If anything Josh fouled his player. Referee says he went on the linesman's call but now says shouldn't have been a card. Derek would have been sat in his flat on Saturday night with his glass of wine thinking it was never a red (the card not the wine). Taylor has been fined by the club for the penalty scuffing.

Peterborough FC

Apr 6, 2009
If and we will have to wait and see, but if matchday moments have better/different footage of the straight red situation can this footage be used by the FA in response to the appeal?

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
katkin":2dnu1zn5 said:
If and we will have to wait and see, but if matchday moments have better/different footage of the straight red situation can this footage be used by the FA in response to the appeal?
I'd have thought so but supplying them the footage (or even pointing it out) seems awfully petty. We benefited from the sending off on the day and we took all three points so let's just move along and concentrate on the next game. But having seen the slow mo of the incident, it definitely looks like he pushed Carey in the face.

Apr 1, 2009
katkin":2srxl02s said:

I can't see any reason why anyone at PAFC, or anyone even loosely connected with it, should be involved in the appeals process.

Evans claims that the ref, on watching the footage, admits to getting it wrong. If that is true (and this is Steve Evans) then it will probably (but not necessarily) be rescinded.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The thread certainly illustrates well why the Prem is like it is. What isn't so clear is whether that's filtered up from the audience or down to it. I guess if you really need two blocks of empty seats between the audience, must have been up from it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Gary_Wills":3nqwflra said:
The thread certainly illustrates well why the Prem is like it is. What isn't so clear is whether that's filtered up from the audience or down to it. I guess if you really need two blocks of empty seats between the audience, must have been up from it.

Do you know, I've read that about a dozen times now ..... the Prem is like what? .. coming down/up from where? :think:
I can see your expertise in EFL ... that's English as a Foreign Language!! :lol:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
katkin":2bmsgq2m said:

Even though Matchday Monents is captured by Argyle cameras, the EFL still own the copyright. Argyle couldn’t deny them or the FA use of the footage should they want it as evidence even if it was to incriminate an Argyle player in any given situation.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Which Posh player was it that cynically brought down Joel Grant just as it looked as if he would have a free run towards the sticks?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Emu":28599e8g said:
Which Posh player was it that cynically brought down Joel Grant just as it looked as if he would have a free run towards the sticks?

Was it their no. 18 - he dropped back after first red. No idea how ref waved play on for that one.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
E..FL, that's a chuckle.

I mean: we've had the transformation from gloom to gratitude, with the on-pitch recovery. And now there's brimming hope of the playoffs to keep this quirky season on upward trajectory, and that hope to spectate some kind of "success" justifies and excuses some ethically unsound play. Completely felt it myself, screw whether a valid pen and prior to that a red the ref never even saw, Peterborough United were clearly none too pleasant to a man, and our lot needed another win in a big game to keep pace.

So we mock and jeer Evans [who is quite a pantomime scumbag, granted, and he and Stevie Taylor are peas in a pod], but much of what Evans is saying afterward is about right IMHO.

That feeling, the simplistic hunger to have our choice of football brand succeed whatever the ethical merit, must be rather what the Prem's like with greater regularity I'm guessing. That's all.