Home goals conceded in last 3 seasons | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home goals conceded in last 3 seasons

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
So basically we are like the little girl with the little curl right in the middle of her forehead in the nursery rhyme...

When we are good we are very, very good,
But when we are bad we are HORRID.

Aug 5, 2015
I think you have to score the odd goal or two to win away from home and we seem to have done fairly regularly over the last couple of years. Beats the good old days when three or four away wins a season was a triumph.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":3gav68uj said:
Kevin Pedlar":3gav68uj said:
To return to the OP, of course 14 games in 3 seasons is 49 games where 3 goals weren’t conceded. How does that compare with other teams.

Also be interesting to know how accurate your “we never score away from home” is?

I can think of quite a few games in the last 3 seasons where I saw us score!

Not trying to be pedantic but criticism needs the whole picture?

In the last 3 seasons we scored, 35, 30 and 21 goals away. The last time we scored more than 35 was the 1993/4 season. Taken from GOS.

What's the plan for tomorrow's training session?

May 8, 2011
Bristol Rich":1p0c7kz6 said:
HC Green":1p0c7kz6 said:
Kevin Pedlar":1p0c7kz6 said:
To return to the OP, of course 14 games in 3 seasons is 49 games where 3 goals weren’t conceded. How does that compare with other teams.

Also be interesting to know how accurate your “we never score away from home” is?

In the last 3 seasons we scored, 35, 30 and 21 goals away. The last time we scored more than 35 was the 1993/4 season. Taken from GOS.

Preparing for tuesday’s game.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":1tzzv8h1 said:
Bristol Rich":1tzzv8h1 said:
HC Green":1tzzv8h1 said:
Kevin Pedlar":1tzzv8h1 said:

Let us know how it goes.

Oct 31, 2015
Kentishgreen":10hy3fwi said:
I think you have to score the odd goal or two to win away from home and we seem to have done fairly regularly over the last couple of years. Beats the good old days when three or four away wins a season was a triumph.

I would agree up til last Feb (Oxford) since then it's been one win away in the league (listed above) which is 2 months short of a year which is the form you talk of in the old days.

Anyway I am talking about our shipping of goals at home :)

May 8, 2011
Bristol Rich":1ry872d8 said:
HC Green":1ry872d8 said:
Bristol Rich":1ry872d8 said:
HC Green":1ry872d8 said:
Kevin Pedlar":1ry872d8 said:

Let us know how it goes.

I will be at the game so I will.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":1ipq2nh8 said:
Bristol Rich":1ipq2nh8 said:
Bristol Rich":1ipq2nh8 said:
Kevin Pedlar":1ipq2nh8 said:

Let us know how it goes.

I will be at the game so I will.

I should think so given your important role at the club.

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
rsp4":2i0bijpp said:
Kevin Pedlar":2i0bijpp said:

Agree mate I will look into it .

When I say never score away I meant by 3 or more to counter my argument. I can think of a couple. Newport? And Scunthorpe I think this season.

Back to GOS :)

Edited

Ok so our away trips of 3 or more for Mark

Newport 3-1
Scunthorpe 4-1

What I will say is I love a good game with goals and 2 of my list stick out as enjoyable. That was the Wycombe draw and Wigan defeat.

Look we have seen some goals scored as well but in my view that's far too many goals being shipped in home games which to me says the manager cannot change things when we are under the cosh LP

You enjoyed a high-scoring home defeat? You must have been close to climax for at least five games a season for the last three seasons then? Remind me never to sit next to you at HP.

Mar 14, 2009
I’d like to see how many times we won 2-1 or lost 1-2.

I say this because lm sure it was a common margin in league two.

For me it showed we had some “moments of magic” players who could turn a game. However, we always looked like conceding. We often weren’t the dominant side but held on. It’s just Carey would play a magic pass or score a screamer. Or you had Bradley with one of his dominant displays in our box and theirs. Perfect example of one of these games was the L2 game away to Cheltenham, the season we got promoted.

It was fine margins we won by. Not just in the score line but the fact we were outplayed but we found a way to win.

Fast forward to L1. Teams have better forwards. So the chances we were allowing teams to have in L2 are being taken in league 1. You would think Argyle management understand that if you give better players time and space on the ball, you will be punished more in a higher league.

People seem to believe these defence frailties are something new. We have been playing a similar way defensively for some time. We stand off players and don’t press them. We don’t get tackles in crucial areas of the pitch. The difference is that now we are being punished for defending the way we do.

People just won’t accept this has been happening for some time. They see it as just that we have recruited bad defensive players. That’s true, but the methods we use to defend are horrendous.

Oct 31, 2015
InterYerMam":2caw5nqz said:
rsp4":2caw5nqz said:
Kevin Pedlar":2caw5nqz said:

Agree mate I will look into it .

When I say never score away I meant by 3 or more to counter my argument. I can think of a couple. Newport? And Scunthorpe I think this season.

Back to GOS :)

Edited

Ok so our away trips of 3 or more for Mark

Newport 3-1
Scunthorpe 4-1

What I will say is I love a good game with goals and 2 of my list stick out as enjoyable. That was the Wycombe draw and Wigan defeat.

Look we have seen some goals scored as well but in my view that's far too many goals being shipped in home games which to me says the manager cannot change things when we are under the cosh LP

You enjoyed a high-scoring home defeat? You must have been close to climax for at least five games a season for the last three seasons then? Remind me never to sit next to you at HP.

:) :) :)

Always welcome to sit next to me mate. The Wigan game wasn't a bad game of football to be fair. Believe me I have hated most of the times we have conceded 3 at home including last Saturday.

Oct 31, 2015
Metal_Green_Mickey":gg6kcxdn said:
I’d like to see how many times we won 2-1 or lost 1-2.

I say this because lm sure it was a common margin in league two.

For me it showed we had some “moments of magic” players who could turn a game. However, we always looked like conceding. We often weren’t the dominant side but held on. It’s just Carey would play a magic pass or score a screamer. Or you had Bradley with one of his dominant displays in our box and theirs. Perfect example of one of these games was the L2 game away to Cheltenham, the season we got promoted.

It was fine margins we won by. Not just in the score line but the fact we were outplayed but we found a way to win.

Fast forward to L1. Teams have better forwards. So the chances we were allowing teams to have in L2 are being taken in league 1. You would think Argyle management understand that if you give better players time and space on the ball, you will be punished more in a higher league.

People seem to believe these defence frailties are something new. We have been playing a similar way defensively for some time. We stand off players and don’t press them. We don’t get tackles in crucial areas of the pitch. The difference is that now we are being punished for defending the way we do.

People just won’t accept this has been happening for some time. They see it as just that we have recruited bad defensive players. That’s true, but the methods we use to defend are horrendous.

That's a fair comment tbh.

There seemed to be quite a few games in division 4 where a single goal lead won the game. I can remember loads making comment whilst I was enjoying the wins but maybe not looking at the style as much because we were picking up points.

Aug 5, 2016
Alan Turing":1m7iut9x said:
Those are damning figures indeed, but Adams will still be here next May regardless of our league status.

If we sacked Adams and his nameless CV came in with his achievements, he'd be hired to replace himself. So there is no point sacking him. He will have to rebuild this team certainly, perhaps in the division below, but he is still the best man to do it in my opinion at least.

Aug 4, 2011
To answer the questions on page 1.

Across the current 4 main leagues, we are the team that has conceded 3 or more at home in the league the most often since the start of 16-17 season (14 times - league games only). Chesterfield in the conference have also done this on 14 occasions - although they have had 2 relegation's dung this time I believe

This equates to 24.56% of home games, which is the 2nd worst of the 4 main domestic leagues - only West Ham have a higher % of home games where they have conceded 3 or more.

In terms of away games we have failed to score in, not really a significant issue. 14 times from 56 games which equates to 25% of games Much better than average

Oct 31, 2015
football-bet-data":1idwouwo said:
To answer the questions on page 1.

Across the current 4 main leagues, we are the team that has conceded 3 or more at home in the league the most often since the start of 16-17 season (14 times - league games only). Chesterfield in the conference have also done this on 14 occasions - although they have had 2 relegation's dung this time I believe

This equates to 24.56% of home games, which is the 2nd worst of the 4 main domestic leagues - only West Ham have a higher % of home games where they have conceded 3 or more.

In terms of away games we have failed to score in, not really a significant issue. 14 times from 56 games which equates to 25% of games Much better than average

Thanks mate so it is a bit alarming at the amount of times we conceded 3 or more at home. Over to the manager to sort then