Home goals conceded in last 3 seasons | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home goals conceded in last 3 seasons

Oct 31, 2015
rsp4":2fxkqmos said:
Still fuming about yesterday and wanted to highlight something that is driving me mad.

The amount of times we have conceded 3 goals at home.
Under Adams we rarely score away from home but teams love coming to HP.
Luton 0-3
Grimsby 0-3
Wycombe 3-3
Orient 2-3
Blackpool 0-3
Scunthorpe 0-4
Blackpool 1-3 again
Donny 0-3
Oxford 0-4
Wigan 1_3
Posh 1-5
Donny 2-3
Burton 2-3
Bradford 3-3

That's a total of 2 points gained in all those matches 46 goals conceded across 14 games at HP.

It's not just a one off as this is across the last 3 seasons. Admittedly the Wycombe game on boxing Day was superb but we did conceded 3.

For the statistics minded that's at least 5 home games each season (we are already at 4 this season) which over a fifth of the games we have to endure.

When this manager gets it wrong bloody hell does he get it wrong!

As he is not leaving this is just an observation which is driving me mad :)

Add in another 3 conceded at home. This is now beyond a joke

Edit. Just added accy to the woeful list

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The statistics are ridiculous considering it's been a mostly successful period. Despite the promotion I don't think I've gone to HP confident of seeing a win for a decade at least.

Edited to add: results like today's used to be a rare embarrassment that would raise serious questions about the staff and team competency. These days it's normal.

Feb 23, 2008
I saw a list a while back that someone had made, can't remember what thread though, of all the times we'd conceded heavily, possibly 3 or more at HP since DA has been at the helm.

While it can't be denied he has delivered year on year improvement and this is his first season where we have really struggled, has anyone worked out how many times including today we have leaked 3 or more at home while he's been in charge?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
chunkymonkey78":2mfoeekf said:
I saw a list a while back that someone had made, can't remember what thread though, of all the times we'd conceded heavily, possibly 3 or more at HP since DA has been at the helm.

While it can't be denied he has delivered year on year improvement and this is his first season where we have really struggled, has anyone worked out how many times including today we have leaked 3 or more at home while he's been in charge?

The first season where we have really struggled? So, last season on 22/12 we were near the top? is that right? :think:

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Luton 0-3
Grimsby 0-3
Wycombe 3-3
Orient 2-3
Blackpool 0-3
Scunthorpe 0-4
Blackpool 1-3
Donny 0-3
Oxford 0-4
Wigan 1-3
Posh 1-5
Donny 2-3
Burton 2-3
Bradford 3-3
Accrington 0-3

Had enough

Feb 23, 2008
Pogleswoody":3nsfthrz said:
chunkymonkey78":3nsfthrz said:

The first season where we have really struggled? So, last season on 22/12 we were near the top? is that right? :think:

On paper, no it isn't. There was generally a feeling that a turnaround was just around the corner maybe though? We were playing well and just not getting the results we deserved?

After today the feeling is more one of impending doom unless DA pulls off a miracle in the January sales and learns to play a formation that isn't relying on a lone front man.

Oct 31, 2015
Gary Sawyer quote

That’s the frustrating thing when the second one goes in and, obviously today, we had a third one going in as well, which has happened numerous times.

“You haven’t got a chance if you can’t keep the ball out of the back of the net.”

Blimey someone at the club gets it.