Home Park attendance after Phase 1 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park attendance after Phase 1

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think Bournemouth are a prime example, QPR and Blackpool others.

Stadium sales and tickets aren’t the prime income of a club in the premiership. The vast amounts of money comes from TV money and sponsorship.

I think for us particularly, non match day revenue will be the key for pushing us to the next level financially. It’ll allow us to bridge that gap between quality and quantity on the pitch whilst helping us to attract and introduce people to the football club that may not have been interested beforehand.

Whilst it’s nice to have a 25000 sell out once or twice a season, the other 363 days of the year open up more avenues and opportunity’s to counter that.

Jun 7, 2006
It's plenty of capacity for league 1. Which is where we are. It's also what we can afford to achieve right now. In the future if our progress continues there is plenty of scope to expand. I fail to see what the issue is

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Palace example isn’t the same as this. They have to completely rebuild that main stand, whereas this Phase 1 is geared towards making Phase 2 as easy as possible.

Granted, the Devonport and horseshoe expansions are a different kettle of fish. But the point is that it’s ridiculous for some to suggest Phase 2 will never happen, when it’s so easy to do and counter productive NOT to do it when demand dictates.

Mar 8, 2016
Wango":2ieuxsse said:
It's plenty of capacity for league 1. Which is where we are. It's also what we can afford to achieve right now. In the future if our progress continues there is plenty of scope to expand. I fail to see what the issue is

I concur.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":1b1el89u said:
The Palace example isn’t the same as this. They have to completely rebuild that main stand, whereas this Phase 1 is geared towards making Phase 2 as easy as possible.

Granted, the Devonport and horseshoe expansions are a different kettle of fish. But the point is that it’s ridiculous for some to suggest Phase 2 will never happen, when it’s so easy to do and counter productive NOT to do it when demand dictates.

I wonder when phase two will be appropriate. Upon promotion to the SBC or should the club establish itself at that level first? To say “when funds allow” is just a throw away statement because in football there are always other areas that require the club’s finances.

What should happen were Argyle to climb to the Prem? Even if phase two had been completed by then, fans on here would be saying that 20k in the top flight is not enough. You will then have to answer the “when to do it” question if further expansion was desired.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Kentishgreen":3pm7twua said:
Build it and they will come. But lots will go to Anfield,Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge instead.

I take my son football every Saturday and it’s wear what you like but nearly every kid is in a football kit. Out of about 20 kids only mine and 1 other were wearing Argyle. All the others had the typical UTD, Liverpool, Arsenal etc and some even had other country’s national kit on.

I blame the parents :doh:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Merlin":3mdd12qt said:
When is the temporary changing rooms and the supporters bar work being started?

We don't know for sure, but the movement of Webcam 2 and the arrival of a digger and a skip at that end suggest soon.

They aren't temporary by the way.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Argylegames":8ltocnr5 said:
Merlin":8ltocnr5 said:
When is the temporary changing rooms and the supporters bar work being started?

We don't know for sure, but the movement of Webcam 2 and the arrival of a digger and a skip at that end suggest soon.

They aren't temporary by the way.

Has the contract been signed AG? If it has I missed it.

If not, we are still in "preparation mode"

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The Argyle site had photos a couple of months back of the signing of the contract between Argyle and the taverners over the club/bar. I presume the taverners will have made their own arrangements for their build - so ask them.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Argylegames":30386qpm said:
The Argyle site had photos a couple of months back of the signing of the contract between Argyle and the taverners over the club/bar. I presume the taverners will have made their own arrangements for their build - so ask them.

I have.

The lease was in fact signed last season.

They are to a certain extent waiting for the club as some of the ground works will be done jointly.

As I have noted elsewhere, the supporters bar was due to open in September 2018, that clearly will not happen.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Andy Holland":2bhhgn9r said:
I wish you were right, but I can't for the life of me see how you would be.

There's a precedent here - there's no reason to think it'd be any different.

The people of Plymouth, by and large, don't give a sh*t about their team and, sadly, probably never will. For me it's linked to a general lack of civic/local pride, but that's probably a debate for another thread.

http://european-football-statistics.co. ... b/swac.htm

So umm, I guess the people of Swansea also didn't give a poo about their team for the entire period from 1984-2005 when they averaged 4750 in the vetch field which held 12000?
You're argument is blown out of the water a little bit because there is a team who had minimal success for that period and had a lower average attendance than us. Obviously during that period the people of Swansea didn't give a poo about their team, I expect there were natives of Swansea just like you telling not to build the liberty stadium because no one in Swansea gave a poo and they never would.
Even when they reached the championship their average didn't increase above 15000 until they had a sniff of promotion

But hang on... Their average over each of the last 6 seasons has been over 20,000....but I thought they didn't give a poo??!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
tonycholwell":3qdcfyap said:
They are to a certain extent waiting for the club as some of the ground works will be done jointly.

As I have noted elsewhere, the supporters bar was due to open in September 2018, that clearly will not happen.

I read somewhere earlier this week that they need to wait for the ground to be dug out for the new changing rooms, and a retaining wall will be needed as the Taverners' building will be at the current (ish) ground level. Judging from webcam2 today it is starting.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
up_the_line":2ih1m0ow said:
So umm, I guess the people of Swansea also didn't give a poo about their team for the entire period from 1984-2005 when they averaged 4750 in the vetch field which held 12000?

But hang on... Their average over each of the last 6 seasons has been over 20,000....but I thought they didn't give a poo??!

They didn't care much for Swansea Town/City in the early 70s when I lived there either, Swansea was a rugby town.

Don't forget that the Liberty was built by the city council and also houses the Ospreys Rugby Club, a big conference facility, and was paid for by allowing a large 'shopping park' next to it.

It was only when Swansea got into the Premiership that the local plastic ManU, Chelsea, etc. 'fans' swapped to their local team. When the big clubs visit, a large part of the away following will be locals - as it probably was at HP when Liverpool came to visit.

Mind you, if you had seen The Vetch you wouldn't have been too keen to go there! Last time I looked on Google Earth it was still there, looking sadder than ever.