How long is Taylor out for | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How long is Taylor out for

Jul 6, 2009
HC Green":9qkdtbhm said:
We missed Sarcevic much more than we missed Taylor yesterday, needed someone running from midfield to frighten their centre halves, as Taylor-Sinclair did when he came on.

We didn't, although Sarcevic for Makasi would have probably made us a better team. Taylor is more important to the way we play than any other player including Carey.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
skynet":1zwr9vbg said:
HC Green":1zwr9vbg said:
We missed Sarcevic much more than we missed Taylor yesterday, needed someone running from midfield to frighten their centre halves, as Taylor-Sinclair did when he came on.

We didn't, although Sarcevic for Makasi would have probably made us a better team. Taylor is more important to the way we play than any other player including Carey.

I agree with that

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Yep, you don't have to be the best player on the pitch to be the most important. Taylor is the first name on the team sheet for me, he's absolutely vital and as you say, more important than anyone else to the way that we play. But if he is going to be out for more than a game, we need to adapt and find a way to still be effective and dangerous without him, we can't play the same way with Grant up top, he'll need the ball to feet, there's absolutely no point in pumping it to his chest or head, I still have faith we could be dangerous without Taylor, but as I say not if we use Grant the way we did yesterday.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
samjones":3krqc292 said:
Having recently sprained my ankle, 1st time in 20 years, its taken me a good 6 weeks to get over it and another 2 before I was fully confident.

Lucky it wasn't your misery bone Sam, you would have been laid up for at least 7 months.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":2dxnxa45 said:
samjones":2dxnxa45 said:
Having recently sprained my ankle, 1st time in 20 years, its taken me a good 6 weeks to get over it and another 2 before I was fully confident.

Lucky it wasn't your misery bone Sam, you would have been laid up for at least 7 months.

I think Sam had failed to switch on to the benefits of the application of arnica to the ankle provided there was no breakage of the skin layer. It would have reduced his recovery time significantly.

Sep 6, 2006
samjones":3f2wsh1h said:

He is going to be a massive miss and could be season defining

So he has exactly the same injury as you? Quite a coincidence.

Aug 5, 2016
samjones":2p17493t said:

I've sprained my ankle several times playing sports. You can't even get a shoe on or walk for two days, day three to seven is less tender by the day and the affected area turns purple from dead blood cells. Day 7/8 you're back running, exercising, playing football.

Ligament damage is something entirely different and I've not heard that mentioned with Ryan Taylor.

Jul 29, 2012
If Taylor was walking without boot , crutch and hopefully limp , would suggest - fingers crossed - it won’t be too long .

Jun 7, 2006
Knibbsworth":1vblg5jl said:
samjones":1vblg5jl said:

I've sprained my ankle several times playing sports. You can't even get a shoe on or walk for two days, day three to seven is less tender by the day and the affected area turns purple from dead blood cells. Day 7/8 you're back running, exercising, playing football.

Ligament damage is something entirely different and I've not heard that mentioned with Ryan Taylor.

Having done this many times, it can be hard to tell initially what the state of the injury is. If it is a mild twist then a few days. A torn ligament then he's out for the season. I actually broke a bone in my foot when rolling my ankle but wasn't aware of this until the swelling went down. I am sure the club has had Ryan's ankle scanned. It would be nice to get an indication over the next few days of whether this is short or long term.

Wango":3kag3o1c said:
Knibbsworth":3kag3o1c said:
samjones":3kag3o1c said:

Having done this many times, it can be hard to tell initially what the state of the injury is. If it is a mild twist then a few days. A torn ligament then he's out for the season. I actually broke a bone in my foot when rolling my ankle but wasn't aware of this until the swelling went down. I am sure the club has had Ryan's ankle scanned. It would be nice to get an indication over the next few days of whether this is short or long term.

It would be, but I doubt we'll hear anything. Derek will keep it quiet so Northampton have to prepare to face the different strengths (& weaknesses) of Grant or Taylor.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
GTTB Resurgam":2ctli0mj said:
Wango":2ctli0mj said:
Knibbsworth":2ctli0mj said:
samjones":2ctli0mj said:

It would be, but I doubt we'll hear anything. Derek will keep it quiet so Northampton have to prepare to face the different strengths (& weaknesses) of Grant or Taylor.
Exactly that - if anyone works out how we can find out what's going on without Northampton doing likewise, then great.

However, in the real world, expect to hear precisely nothing of substance on the subject until 2pm on Saturday.

Jun 7, 2006
Exactly that - if anyone works out how we can find out what's going on without Northampton doing likewise, then great.

However, in the real world, expect to hear precisely nothing of substance on the subject until 2pm on Saturday.

A fair point. I respect the managers judgement on this. I guess I'll find out at Northampton.

Aug 4, 2011
Have not heard directly, but second hand that it is not good news :cry:

Can only hope this is incorrect or mis-informed

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
football-bet-data":3m81tugm said:
Have not heard directly, but second hand that it is not good news :cry:

Can only hope this is incorrect or mis-informed

In this day and age, if I was Taylor/Adams/Argyle I would be inclined to allow some incorrect information to leak out or at least do nothing to counter or deny it. I certainly wouldn't be rushing to let everyone know the facts (either way).