How long is Taylor out for | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How long is Taylor out for

Aug 4, 2011
The Doctor":1vyiylp1 said:
football-bet-data":1vyiylp1 said:
Have not heard directly, but second hand that it is not good news :cry:

Can only hope this is incorrect or mis-informed

In this day and age, if I was Taylor/Adams/Argyle I would be inclined to allow some incorrect information to leak out or at least do nothing to counter or deny it. I certainly wouldn't be rushing to let everyone know the facts (either way).
Absolutely agree, and I hope this is the case

Apr 9, 2011
what is a worry, the fact is once you have damaged ankle ligaments / or a break as in Taylors case there is always a weakness there as its such a high impact area. Just fingers crossed its not too bad!cause boy do we need him

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I would guess that Adams is already looking at the free agent market for a tall striker or have someone already lined up as he did with Paton when Sarcevic went lame. The tall striker will obviously not be match fit but he would give us an option we currently don't have.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
There's no point worrying about this, in fact there is no point worry about a thing, because, well, we all know why...

And in any case, no matter WHAT we think, whatever will be will be, and we all know where that leads us...

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I saw Taylor earlier today. But as been previously stated. It’s best not to give updates that might help our opponents. I think it best that this topic is not pursued any further.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":1t2fe5na said:
I would guess that Adams is already looking at the free agent market for a tall striker or have someone already lined up as he did with Paton when Sarcevic went lame. The tall striker will obviously not be match fit but he would give us an option we currently don't have.

Or we could adapt and play to the strengths of the guy upfront unlike what we didnt do for Grant, Citfci and Fletcher.

We brought in Paton? Why on earth did we do that when Sangster can bench warm just as much. So to bring in a non match fit forward at this stage l am not sure is worth it.

We have a squad. Use it. Ainsworth is there. Give the guy a chance. We saw what happened when he gave Lameiras a chance.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Metal_Green_Mickey":3o7ue8cu said:
The issue isn’t Taylor. The issue is how we adapt to playing without Taylor.

Adams said himself we kept knocking high balls upto Grant. That isn’t his game.

Although, If Grant was so good, as Adams said, why did he switch Carey and him for the remaining 10 mins.

I think we have an issue that if we can’t get Taylor back and don’t change our style to whoever plays that role then we aren’t going to be as dangerous and perform anything like we have recently. I like Grant as a player but he was left high and dry yesterday trying to win high balls against strong CB’s.

We played Ciftci and Fletcher there during our bad run and we kept on playing as if Taylor was there. It’s worrying we are so reliant on one player because we don’t adapt to other forwards strengths.

Exactly how I see it. I said to my mate at the start: 'Let's hope they adapt their play to suit Grant'. First half they played like Taylor was up front! Second half was much better, apart from the last 5 mins!!!

Jul 18, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":1ps8pqn2 said:
PL2 3DQ":1ps8pqn2 said:

Or we could adapt and play to the strengths of the guy upfront unlike what we didnt do for Grant, Citfci and Fletcher.

We brought in Paton? Why on earth did we do that when Sangster can bench warm just as much. So to bring in a non match fit forward at this stage l am not sure is worth it.

We have a squad. Use it. Ainsworth is there. Give the guy a chance. We saw what happened when he gave Lameiras a chance.

Errrrr, Ainsworth has been out injured for a while now.

Mar 14, 2009
Abbotts Ann Green":1udchs53 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1udchs53 said:
PL2 3DQ":1udchs53 said:

Errrrr, Ainsworth has been out injured for a while now.

8 or 9 days ago. Before then he has been available for matches from Southend and stretching back.

Charlton being a prime example. Surely an option off the bench worth utilising?

Feb 25, 2008
To look on the bright side...

Obviously if Taylor is out for the season that is a massive blow. But if he is out only for a couple of games, then the next 2 games are Northampton and Rochdale. This season we have beaten Northampton and drawn with Rochdale without Taylor OR Lameiras. These games came after we turned the corner against Shrewsbury but before the TLC started, during a time when we were still wholly reliant on GC10.

Also, without suggesting that these are easy games - they won't be - these might still be games in which we don't need Taylor as much. Those teams will know the threat from Carey and Lameiras and if their managers are smart they won't try to attack us and leave space behind. Rochdale lost 4-1 at home to Wigan the other week and they won't want to repeat that, and they will know that we are on a par with Wigan bar the first 12 games (yep, 59 from 29). They will probably concede possession and territory and try to park the bus. We won't need Taylor's hold-up play to keep us high up the pitch if we are already high up the pitch. What we will need is a fox-in-the-box (Alex Fletcher...) to seize on half chances in tight spaces.

We will also need a different way of playing with a striker who plays facing the opposition goal rather than with back to it, and knowing that if the ball goes straight from central midfield to striker it will just be gobbled up by defenders. Maybe that means Carey (or Sarc if he is back) in a central #10 position, getting it on the floor straight from Foxy rather than trying to go via the centre-forward.

Of course if they do try to attack us, well, that almost makes it easier and I feel like we will have the quality in midfield to pass through the space to Carey and Lameiras, again not really needing to lump it to the man up front. For the Northampton game this might happen because they really need the win.

Well, that's the optimistic take....the pessimistic is that we try to make a new Taylor out of a replacement who is nothing like Taylor, lump it straight to their centre-backs, and never get Carey and Lameiras into the games....

...And then there's Rotherham, Scunthorpe, and Gillingham...

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I'm wondering if Taylor is out for the season whether Sarcevic could be the answer as an emergency striker ? Strong as an ox and can finish just not sure how he would be with back to goal could be a decent option depending on fitness

Jan 6, 2004
The key is to adjust our style to ball to feet -this is what has happened when Grant has come on as a sub and it has been very effective - his is capable of worrying defences with the ball at his feet in and around the penalty area especially in combo with Carey and Lameiras (albeit there is still a question mark over his finishing). There is absolutely no point in playing high balls to him because he will win absolutely nothing and the ball will just come back again.

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Flash":1rjlzbpb said:
The key is to adjust our style to ball to feet -this is what has happened when Grant has come on as a sub and it has been very effective - his is capable of worrying defences with the ball at his feet in and around the penalty area especially in combo with Carey and Lameiras (albeit there is still a question mark over his finishing). There is absolutely no point in playing high balls to him because he will win absolutely nothing and the ball will just come back again.

Easier said than done with a packed midfield though.

Feb 17, 2017
Do we actually he is out for the season or it just a case of assuming the worst or a PASOTI fact.