iFollow renewal £140 for season (outside of the UK) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

iFollow renewal £140 for season (outside of the UK)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Flexi membership was £125 last season, which gave you up to 6 home games.

Can't believe a full season on i follow in the UK will be £140.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":13vw8zsc said:

:shock: Where did you see that?

Mar 14, 2009
Is it £140 to watch every game, home and away?

If so that is cracking value for money. Even if it’s just for home matches that’s still good.

If the quality is decent and they charged that in the U.K. you might get less fans going to games. However, nothing beats actually being there but this does bring up an interesting debate about overcharging for match day tickets.

You shouldn’t have such a price gap between a season ticket for streaming and one for HP. The problem is you want to attract fans abroad to watch it. It’s very difficult. Yet for too long football has l feel being losing the plot over what it charges fans.

The only good thing l have found that’s come out from Covid-19 on a footballing basis is that this game is nothing without the fans. It’s just not the same. Kind of makes you realise how much power the fans do have if they realised this over match day pricing. Football need fans inside the ground. However, it’s about time football got sensible with its prices.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Keepitgreen":3an3k1ry said:
cheshiregreen":3an3k1ry said:

:shock: Where did you see that?

Was basing that on OG's original post which I think is now edited to indicate that is non UK

Apr 1, 2009
So what's a fair price for a UK season ticket to iFollow, for providing live video coverage of 46 league games?

Bear in mind

1. It needs to be cheap enough to attract good sales.

2, It needs to be expensive enough to provide clubs with reasonable income. At £140 for example, I would calculate that clubs might receive about £80 providing there weren't large scale refunds.

3. One subscription will essentially cover a household - members of a household might go to games together, but they would realistically share a screen to watch iFollow.

4. There must be some doubt whether iFollow can produce the necessary quality to meet massively increased demand.

5. Will punters be promised refunds if games don't take place, or will they have to commit to taking that risk?

Very difficult to evaluate. What would you be prepared to pay?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I will definitely be doing this, this season.

Half the normal season ticket, so around £200?

Jul 14, 2008
£140 is about right I think. The NFL charge a similar amount to access live coverage of all their games and they certainty aren’t slow at trying to maximise profits.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The financial rules in previous seasons was that the club selling iFollow subscriptions for the games, both home and away, receives 70% to 80% of the income generated so in Argyle's case with a large fanbase the club would sell quite a few match by match subscriptions and probably iFollow season tickets as well.

I think it was last season that the Accrington chairman Andy Holt complained that Portsmouth received more money from iFollow than Accrington did for their home game against Portsmouth because Pompey sold more subscriptions for the game.

Feb 8, 2005
I take up an iFollow season ticket each season.

I have just been informed that my season pass will be renewed on 1 September for a sum of £45.

This will give me live commentary for every league match, and also give me live video of all Argyle football league matches that are not televised or have a 3pm Saturday start.

It also gives me access to exclusive Club videos.

As I am a season ticket holder I reckon I will be able to see all the matches prior to being allowed into the ground (providing EFL agree to them being broadcast) and then ALL home matches (which I should be able to attend) AND those away matches which will be played midweek.

In the event of being unable to attend any midweek home matches (when we are allowed to attend), I will be able to watch from home.

Very pleased with the iFollow live coverage, which now includes replays and from different angles.

Got to be worth having even if it is just to watch the midweek games, which should be a boon to those living in Cornwall who cannot get to Home Park and back by public transport.

A pretty good state of affairs I reckon, and as good as it gets.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
jimsing":204bg6sd said:

I have just been informed that my season pass will be renewed on 1 September for a sum of £45.

This will give me live commentary for every league match, and also give me live video of all Argyle football league matches that are not televised or have a 3pm Saturday start.

As I am a season ticket holder I reckon I will be able to see all the matches prior to being allowed into the ground (providing EFL agree to them being broadcast) and then ALL home matches (which I should be able to attend) AND those away matches which will be played midweek.

In the event of being unable to attend any midweek home matches (when we are allowed to attend), I will be able to watch from home.

Very pleased with the iFollow live coverage, which now includes replays and from different angles.

Got to be worth having even if it is just to watch the midweek games, which should be a boon to those living in Cornwall who cannot get to Home Park and back by public transport.

£45 :shock:

Surely the Saturday 3pm rule will be reviewed this season?

Edit - was information from PAFC or EFL?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I received a credit of £8.55 from my £45 paid last year and have just had an email saying that they will automatically charge me £45 for next season on 1st September unless I contact them to change the arrangement.
I assume that the club will liaise with them when they have sorted season ticket holder arrangements for watching matches live.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":3324vcoz said:
jimsing":3324vcoz said:

£45 :shock:

Surely the Saturday 3pm rule will be reviewed this season?

Edit - was information from PAFC or EFL?
Emails are being sent out by the EFL. The £45 does not give anyone access to the non 3pm games. Last season they were £10 a match.

May 16, 2016
I use the audio service, mainly when I'm abroad, I have a separate account to watch the games live (€6 per game) on an occasional basis. I'm happy to renew it but some joined up thinking would have been good for those of us that are also ST holders. If they are offering vouchers for streaming games when we can't get in, it would be nice to know in advance how this would work before coughing up more cash for something that might be duplicated.

llcoolgee

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 10, 2011
Melbourne
Could someone kindly clarify whether I follow allows me to watch a game on re-run or whether it needs to be watched live? I'm in Melbourne and can't really be arsed to stay up until silly o'clock on a Sunday morning - I'd rather wake up, make a cup of tea and a bacon sarnie and watch thereafter!
Also, is it an app that will allow me to chromecast or is it something that has to be viewed via a ulr/web page on a computer?
TIA.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
For me i watch the games through the ifollow page on the Argyle official site https://www.pafc.co.uk/ifollow/. if i remember correctly the video of the game is available about 24 hours after the game and stays available for a few days.