iFollow renewal £140 for season (outside of the UK) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

iFollow renewal £140 for season (outside of the UK)

Feb 8, 2005
Keepitgreen":tsatxqqm said:
cheshiregreen":tsatxqqm said:
jimsing":tsatxqqm said:
I take up an iFollow season ticket each season.

I have just been informed that my season pass will be renewed on 1 September for a sum of £45.

This will give me live commentary for every league match, and also give me live video of all Argyle football league matches that are not televised or have a 3pm Saturday start.

It also gives me access to exclusive Club videos.

As I am a season ticket holder I reckon I will be able to see all the matches prior to being allowed into the ground (providing EFL agree to them being broadcast) and then ALL home matches (which I should be able to attend) AND those away matches which will be played midweek.

In the event of being unable to attend any midweek home matches (when we are allowed to attend), I will be able to watch from home.

Very pleased with the iFollow live coverage, which now includes replays and from different angles.

Got to be worth having even if it is just to watch the midweek games, which should be a boon to those living in Cornwall who cannot get to Home Park and back by public transport.

A pretty good state of affairs I reckon, and as good as it gets.

£45 :shock:

Surely the Saturday 3pm rule will be reviewed this season?

Edit - was information from PAFC or EFL?
Emails are being sent out by the EFL. The £45 does not give anyone access to the non 3pm games. Last season they were £10 a match.

You are correct, £10 per match last season, How did I not mention it????

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Think I might be missing something here. :think:

What's the £45 subscription fee give you? Just commentary access?

Why not just pay £10 every individual game? If fixtures give Argyle 10 midweek games and 36 Saturday 3pm games, you can spend £100 to watch the non Saturday games with or without having signed up to the subscription?

Struggling to see advantage of paying the annual fee.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
cheshiregreen":2hrosuio said:
Think I might be missing something here. :think:

What's the £45 subscription fee give you? Just commentary access?

Why not just pay £10 every individual game? If fixtures give Argyle 10 midweek games and 36 Saturday 3pm games, you can spend £100 to watch the non Saturday games with or without having signed up to the subscription?

Struggling to see advantage of paying the annual fee.
£45 gets me live match commentary of every league match home and away. Not being able to access Radio Devon this is the best way for me to keep up with games when i'm not there.
There are also video interviews and highlights etc
I've paid the £10 per game to watch the midweek and non saturday 3pm games (Salford was fun!).

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Why not offer a UK package for audio on all games and video where allowed? £140 would be OK if it included 10 or more evening games.

Apr 9, 2011
Emu":39056c0f said:
chichestergreen":39056c0f said:
Any news whether we will be able to watch all the games in the UK?

I am also surprised nothing has been mentioned about this yet. Given the situation, they would be missing a trick, and substantial income
Agree entirely but am pretty sure any change will have to be agreed by EFL so good luck with that

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":2tqowp18 said:
Emu":2tqowp18 said:
chichestergreen":2tqowp18 said:
Any news whether we will be able to watch all the games in the UK?

I am also surprised nothing has been mentioned about this yet. Given the situation, they would be missing a trick, and substantial income
Agree entirely but am pretty sure any change will have to be agreed by EFL so good luck with that
The "behind closed doors" scenario has been covered in the initial season ticket announcement.
Should fixtures need to be played behind-closed-doors at any time throughout the season, season-ticket holders will be provided with a pass to stream the fixture live on iFollow Argyle, or via an equivalent streaming service (EFL rules and regulations permitting).

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/s ... kets-2021/

Once fans start attending and the restricted attendance means say, 1000, season ticket holders don't get in, will they have access to the iFollow stream?
Will the stream be available to "pay on the day" for non ST holders at a cost?

My own thoughts are that the EFL are working to make all matches available at a cost while crowd restrictions are in place.

May 18, 2006
pl7
Dreamgreen":3rugeefo said:
I work abroad quite a lot (well I did pre Covid) and in different countries. I used to be able to watch using my UK subscription until last year. Then ifollow asked for bank details of the country I was in !
I contacted them and asked for clarification as to how I could be expected to have bank accounts in numerous countries. There was no answer to that so only likely to be able to watch when I am in the UK - and if I am in the UK I will be at the game (if allowed).

I currently live in Gibraltar on a military draft. Still have my UK bank account and never had any problems. They have never even asked tbh.
I then plug my laptop into my TV via HDMI and away I go.
It’s brilliant for the money. :scarf:

I've had the iFollow pass since they launched it here in the States. Before that, I paid for the audio stream of Radio Devon. The iFollow video service has got incrementally better since it launched. There's still one or two hiccups, but it's far better than the first season it launched. Argyle are at a huge advantage in this regard because as people have mentioned, Hallett has already invested in a much better TV setup than almost any other club in the football league, with the 4 camera setup, and Argyle already have a season of experience in operating it. This will surely give them a huge amount of experience in delivering a great streaming service when necessary during these times.

One thing I wish is that iFollow would produce apps for streaming devices like Apple TV / Fire TV etc. It'd work so much better running directly from an Apple TV hardwired into internet vs casting it from your phone / iPad to the TV as you have to now, and be less choppy.

As for the price, happy to pay it. I wish more of the fee went to the club, especially given how little iFollow really put into providing the service. Let's be clear on one thing though - watching on your phone, iPad, or a sometimes choppy cast to your TV doesn't replicate the full Home Park experience itself!

Apr 28, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm in Canada and subscribed for the first time last season. I was very pleased with the feed.
It surprises me that Argyle don't leverage the fact that there are a huge number of exiles, and offer some kind of bundle. Something like iFollow+shirt+once a year exiles forum with Ryan Lowe etc etc. They could charge a premium to iFollow, engage with their fanbase, and add value, making it more attractive to renew.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
My automatic renewal went through yesterday, Sept 1. But on my account page before the renewal it said my next game available was the QPR game, now that i'm renewed it says next game available is the Blackpool game, so is QPR game not being shown on ifollow??

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It has now changed to next available game Norwich City U21 Sept 8

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Mine shows the same. I don't think league cup games were available to stream last season (maybe audio only), so I guess it will be the same this.

Interestingly (or not), in the app, the subscriptions section says I have "no licenses available" even though my renewal has gone through. I'm sure it will kick in sooner or later.