Incoming James Bolton (Confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming James Bolton (Confirmed)

Aug 15, 2015
Assuming he's fit and ready to go, this is a good signing. I remember watching him a couple of years ago when Shrewsbury reached I think the play-off final. He looked a really solid player and calm in possession. I remember him being quite tall. He was a part of a really tidy Shrewsbury outfit. I may be wrong here, but I think he's quite versatile and can play CB also.

Mar 14, 2009
Looks like he can play CB but maybe cover RWB and give Edwards competition.

If Galloway signs too for LWB competition then we need to sort out the midfield. That holding midfielder is the key to Lowe’s system l feel.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A good addition and a good age. A slight upgrade on Aimson I feel. Interestingly another on a 2 year contract, there seems to have been a change of tack.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":2469md6c said:
Looks like he can play CB but maybe cover RWB and give Edwards competition.

If Galloway signs too for LWB competition then we need to sort out the midfield. That holding midfielder is the key to Lowe’s system l feel.

Since we appear to be paying transfer fees I wonder if the holding midfielder may be someone like Ebou Adams who is in the last year of his contract , FGR have brought in 2-3 new midfielders this week.

Jan 27, 2012
I hope Bolton can also play in central defence as well as right back.

Argyle certainly need to sign some more central defenders. Wilson sounds good. Not so sure about the other two- they are unproven and have little pedigree.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Shoenice":2nql5lng said:
Assuming he's fit and ready to go, this is a good signing. I remember watching him a couple of years ago when Shrewsbury reached I think the play-off final. He looked a really solid player and calm in possession. I remember him being quite tall. He was a part of a really tidy Shrewsbury outfit. I may be wrong here, but I think he's quite versatile and can play CB also.

Full name James William Bolton[1]
Date of birth 13 August 1994 (age 26)[2]
Place of birth Stone, England[3]
Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)[2]
Position(s) Defender

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I’m not feeling wowed by any of these signings so far. I’m not daft enough to expect top line quality but it is all feeling pretty journeyman so far. Hope I’m completely wrong and will love it if I am

Aug 15, 2015
Forest of Dean Green":2znzh7hs said:
I’m not feeling wowed by any of these signings so far. I’m not daft enough to expect top line quality but it is all feeling pretty journeyman so far. Hope I’m completely wrong and will love it if I am

Would you not rather have Wilson & Bolton over untested players like Opoku, Lewis and Woods? Those 3 came from Premiership clubs and did not 'wow' anybody. I much prefer a couple of older heads who come on permanent deals and with a proven record in L1 football.

Mar 14, 2009
Forest of Dean Green":2jzlz7te said:

I have to ask though when did a CB ever wow the fanbase.

All you want in a CB is consistency in terms of their ability to defend. Last season unfortunately l believe someone like Opoku has the talent but he just lost focus during a 90 min game too many times.

I think it’s the midfielders, the wide men and the forwards that often give the “wow” factor.

Bradley came in and wasn’t a wow factor player but when he left he was. Bradley was idolised by the fanbase. Yet l believe he looked so good because he was a consistent good defender and the others around him were so shocking.

Coughlan was one of my favourite defenders. However, he lacked a lot of pace. Yet he gave everything and got stuck in.

To be honest after watching Argyle defensively last season surely solid L1 players in Wilson and Bolton is a better platform to develop your team from than a Watts and Opkou.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Give the man a chance- dont think there will be an U23 creche club anywhere near our defensive unit this season

Another box ticked - we now move on further up the pitch & wait to see who arrives

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Shoenice":2g9z5vvb said:
Forest of Dean Green":2g9z5vvb said:

Would you not rather have Wilson & Bolton over untested players like Opoku, Lewis and Woods? Those 3 came from Premiership clubs and did not 'wow' anybody. I much prefer a couple of older heads who come on permanent deals and with a proven record in L1 football.

Yes, completely agree.

D

Deleted member 9145

Agreed, however technically better they may have been - and I'm not sure they were - if your future is not at the club you're not going to go the extra mile however professional you are.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Looks like a RCB in a 3 to me, with maybe Wilson centre and Gillesphey left. Or could it be possible for the 4 defenders we have signed to play as a flat back 4, as right to left, Bolton, Scarr, Wilson, Gillesphey?

All look decent additions.