Incoming - Jerome Opoku signs on loan. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming - Jerome Opoku signs on loan.

Mar 21, 2008
Having a fish around this sounds a quality signing, everything I’ve seen from Accrington fans is really positive, sounds like one of their best players until his loan ended and they didn’t expect him to still be in league 1 this season :thumbup:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
cheshiregreen":3jsselal said:
The Doctor":3jsselal said:
LEFT sided... so where does that leave Watts or will Opuku play in the centre?

Or is the COVID positive case one of our defenders?

Hence the 'or ...' part of my question. I can't think that he will have been brought in as a direct replacement for Aimson although it could be that Wootton might replace Aimson and then Opuku play in the centre. I suppose the options are:

RCB: Aimson or Wootton
MCB: Wootton or Canavan or Opuku
LCB: Watts or Opuku or Canavan

depending on whether/which one of last week's defenders is unavailable.

(Sorry - I think I might be repeating what someone else wrote here...!)

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Rob_GT4":2or05bm2 said:
Having a fish around this sounds a quality signing, everything I’ve seen from Accrington fans is really positive, sounds like one of their best players until his loan ended and they didn’t expect him to still be in league 1 this season :thumbup:

He also sounds like he’ll help some of our specific deficiencies. He’s 6’4 which is good for set pieces, from which we don’t defend or attack well. He’s also a ball playing defender, which means he’ll be more comfortable than Wootton in the central role and hopefully improve our ball progression through the middle of the park. We’re too keen to lump it into the channel. I’d much rather it went into Mayor, Grant or MacLeod.

Thankfully it appears Lowe is aware of our defensive issues. Whilst Wootton etc deserved a chance in L1 after last season, I was afraid Lowe was being too loyal. It would appear he’s practicing the ruthlessness he preaches.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Lowe talked about a possible replacement for Sawyer weeks ago and after Watts was recruited.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":1hko506s said:
cheshiregreen":1hko506s said:
The Doctor":1hko506s said:
LEFT sided... so where does that leave Watts or will Opuku play in the centre?
Unlikely, as he was first mentioned by GreenWasp2 on Wednesday midday.

Or is the COVID positive case one of our defenders?
Jerome has been with us since before the Covid test results were known.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
His interview says he has been here since tuesday.

Jan 27, 2012
Fantastic that Simon Hallett has funded this loan given that revenue must be at an all time low. What a chairman !

I assume that Opoku is a centre back ? I hope he’s better than the current bunch. He’s very inexperienced, but so was Zac Vyner when he came here on loan and what a player he turned out to be. A good defence is something this team needs.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
With Covid on the rise again i dont see Canavan being risked too often given he would be in the at risk group.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
leeroy221":2rmc9bc2 said:
With Covid on the rise again i dont see Canavan being risked too often given he would be in the at risk group.

Is there an explanation regarding this statement? Have I missed something, or is it a poor joke?

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":x0rs7s3y said:
leeroy221":x0rs7s3y said:

Is there an explanation regarding this statement? Have I missed something, or is it a poor joke?

I believe he has type 1 diabetes.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ponty":3t070qgr said:
Quintrell_Green":3t070qgr said:
leeroy221":3t070qgr said:

I believe he has type 1 diabetes.

Thanks for that info. Of course, Gary Mabbutt, who was Captain of Spurs at one time, suffered the same illness. He successfully lived with it, but he did not have to cope with a Covid pandemic whilst a player.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Haven’t been overly impressed with Watts to date whether he needs someone around him who is a natural organiser and leader like Canavan remains to be seen. Opoku I would imagine will start on the bench as an option to replace Watts or indeed Aimson if things don’t improve radically at the back.

Aug 5, 2015
So he’s played three games all behind closed doors and scored once and you’re not impressed. Amazing crystal ball gazing.

Jul 12, 2016
Larry David":3d7uf825 said:
Haven’t been overly impressed with Watts to date whether he needs someone around him who is a natural organiser and leader like Canavan remains to be seen. Opoku I would imagine will start on the bench as an option to replace Watts or indeed Aimson if things don’t improve radically at the back.
Could be a replacement for the player who tested positive?
We will find out later.