#incoming! (Panutche Camara signs) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#incoming! (Panutche Camara signs)

Bryan Tregunna

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Sep 22, 2003
Whoever put together that montage of clips decided "I've got these video effects and I'm gonna use 'em!"

Boy are they annoying!

Mar 23, 2008
Welcome Pilgrim. Think this signing and Nouble addresses our lack of pace, good signings so far well done all.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Yes, they look very good signings indeed and both come over as lovely blokes who'll fit in with the rest of the squad. I love Panutche's ambition too.....'Championship', yes!
In Lowe we trust.

Dec 8, 2019
Loved the interview. Perhaps it's how it came across, speaking in a second language, but he seems genuinely excited and proud to be an argyle player

Jan 27, 2012
Interesting signing. He's come from a lower tier non-league team and quickly adpated to League Two football it seems. He's young enough to keep on improving as well. I expect he is someone that has been identified from the statistics. I've never heard of Panutche Camara myself- but I'm interested to see what sort of player he becomes.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":1e254eud said:
LeonTheGreen":1e254eud said:
Lobster":1e254eud said:
Happy with this one. To echo RL's words the other day, he looks a prospect. Will be a good foil for Mayor in the middle.

I hope his nickname is "Christian" Panutche.

If Page comes in at LWB, i think we only need a backup CM, a starting CDM and a starting CB and we'll have a very well balanced squad.

Iā€™d still like a natural RWB, Byron Moore is a good back up to have there and I prefer Joe Edwards in CDM.

I thought Byron was outstanding at RWB last season and I think that is his best position, so much so that I had him in my top 3 for player of the season.

Heā€™s a good player and a good option to have donā€™t get me wrong. Can play on both sides as a wingback and as a striker so his versatility is good.

Heā€™ll be 32 later this month however, and I think if we are to push on and cement our place in League One then I think an established wingback at this level would be a must. If one is available of course!

Definitely agree though, good player and very versatile, just not getting any younger.

Oct 31, 2015
saxman":27di40b5 said:
Yes, they look very good signings indeed and both come over as lovely blokes who'll fit in with the rest of the squad. I love Panutche's ambition too.....'Championship', yes!
In Lowe we trust.

I was just about to post exactly the same thing. Both lads came across really well, polite and keen. Very happy with the recruitment so far. :thumbup: :scarf:

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Army green":3alotetb said:
LeonTheGreen":3alotetb said:
Lobster":3alotetb said:
Happy with this one. To echo RL's words the other day, he looks a prospect. Will be a good foil for Mayor in the middle.

I hope his nickname is "Christian" Panutche.

If Page comes in at LWB, i think we only need a backup CM, a starting CDM and a starting CB and we'll have a very well balanced squad.

Iā€™d still like a natural RWB, Byron Moore is a good back up to have there and I prefer Joe Edwards in CDM.

No i disagree, I think Byron is brilliantly consistent for this level and had his best games at RWB, I can see him making that position his own. I hope so anyway.

Totally agree - Byron Moore looks brilliant at RWB ...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Panutche Camara 6 foot 1 inch tall, Ryan Hardie 6 foot 2, Frank Nouble 6 foot 3. It looks like Ryan Lowe has identified the team needed more height in League One and that more goals are required from set-pieces.

Aug 5, 2016
gaspargomez":1j5l7t0s said:
Interesting signing. He's come from a lower tier non-league team and quickly adpated to League Two football it seems. He's young enough to keep on improving as well. I expect he is someone that has been identified from the statistics. I've never heard of Panutche Camara myself- but I'm interested to see what sort of player he becomes.

Why do you think he has been signed based on statistics, as opposed to scouting, or Lowe's own eyes in the times he has played Crawley in the last two seasons?

Jun 2, 2016
Considering we signed up with Opta Sports as part of the club's policy of using data analysis heavily, would be surprised if we weren't using it. Am I'm sure the manager gets to watch him once targets are identified before agreeing to the deal.

Mar 14, 2009
RochdaleGreen":294md0lx said:
I think that we are really going to like this young player.

I think so too. I think if we can find a good DM, LWB and LCB then we have a competitive squad.

This season its about stability and staying up.

Aug 5, 2016
the_corkscrew":2k2nqdvw said:
Considering we signed up with Opta Sports as part of the club's policy of using data analysis heavily, would be surprised if we weren't using it. Am I'm sure the manager gets to watch him once targets are identified before agreeing to the deal.

There is a difference between using it to check your own perceptions, and literally using like a computer to throw up players with the traits you want.

I don't think Lowe signed Camara because he was searching for midfielders who run a lot, and a computer programme verified Camara ran a lot. I think Lowe knew all about him, purely because Camara had an excellent game for Crawley against Argyle this season and Lowe was definitely there watching that.

Jun 2, 2016
I listened to Darragh Macanthony this week. Peterborough invest heavy in data analysis and scouts who gather footage.
The order they work in is.
1.what sort of player do we want
2.what stats would help us find him
3.what players do stats suggest
4.get a shortlist and footage
And after alot of work, if they think they've found a match, they send the manager and Barry Fry to watch him and agree on whether a bid should be made.