India vs England | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

India vs England

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
47/0 from 13 overs, Duckett 17no, Crawley 29no

Good night

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
218 all out. Very disappointing again.
A lovely Test ground, impressive.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
218 all out. Very disappointing again.
A lovely Test ground, impressive.
From 175-3 as well.

Admittedly I've not seen any of it this morning but all 10 wickets being taken by spinners on day 1 of a test isn't a great look or was it just really poor batting?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Good night

180/1 after 38 overs

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
India have remarkable depth in all aspects of the game. Big question is does Kohli get back in this side?

Frank Butcher

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I don't think thats even a question, he'll be straight back in.

Yeah, you’re probably right. 36 years old this year but no.4 is where they’ve struggled a bit in this series. Rohit, KL Rahul, Jaiswal, Gill, Kohli … formidable.

Reactions: The Pilgrim

Frank Butcher

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
For England, it was always going to be a tough series and you wouldn’t bet against them scoring 500 in the 3rd innings and making a game of it but there are already some key takeaways.

Batting - Crawley has been good without making a big one. Root must play like Root. I’d say the rest are playing for their places. Pope doesn’t convince me, Duckett can’t leave a good one, Bairstow looks like he’s coming to the end. Brook to return is good.

Spin - good cameos and experience for the young ones. The future looks bright here.

Pace - concerning. Anderson must be near the end now. Wood not far away from it. Archer seems a bit broken physically. And is Robinson really our number 3 ‘pace’ bowler? We need urgent answers in this department.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
For England, it was always going to be a tough series and you wouldn’t bet against them scoring 500 in the 3rd innings and making a game of it but there are already some key takeaways.

Batting - Crawley has been good without making a big one. Root must play like Root. I’d say the rest are playing for their places. Pope doesn’t convince me, Duckett can’t leave a good one, Bairstow looks like he’s coming to the end. Brook to return is good.

Spin - good cameos and experience for the young ones. The future looks bright here.

Pace - concerning. Anderson must be near the end now. Wood not far away from it. Archer seems a bit broken physically. And is Robinson really our number 3 ‘pace’ bowler? We need urgent answers in this department.
We play Sri Lanka in a test in August at Old Trafford, I'd take a guess thats where Anderson will bow out. He'll have his 700th wicket by then and to go out at his home ground seems fitting.

Agree with most of that. I've not been Crawleys biggest fan but he seems to have cemented his place down, Duckett is safe for a while too. Pope has flashes of brilliance and is vice captain so probably good for the summer at the very least. Bairstow should be done but we all know they'll drop Foakes to keep Bairstow in the team.

I've got a feeling we might not see Leach play for England again now, Hartley and Bashir in particular have impressed this tour.

Pace is the worry, I'd guess we're looking at Atkinson, Potts and Tongue coming in fairly soon. Maybe Jamie Overton as a big fast bowler too?

Reactions: Belfast Green

BDW

Apr 15, 2023
Looking to the future, there are two Test series in the summer. It has to be time for some new blood in the team.
I would like to see Dan Lawrence, Jamie Smith and Harry Brook in the middle order. Gus Atkinson should have a run and Tom Helm who was much improved last season.