India vs England | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

India vs England

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
5 test series starts tomorrow morning. We've lost Brook for potentially the whole series, they've lost Kohli for the first 2 tests. Young England spinner Bashir who has Pakistani heritage visa has been delayed and he's had to return home for the time being.....

Our team for the first test; Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Jonathan Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Ben Foakes, Rehan Ahmed, Tom Hartley, Mark Wood, Jack Leach

So we've got Foakes in to keep wicket, only 1 fast bowler and 3 spinners. The rumour is that Joe Root will open the bowling which probably says all you need to know about the type of pitches India will be preparing this tour.

Its very hard to see us getting anything out of this series, with a bit of luck we might nick a test but not sure we'll get much more than that.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The bowling attack is a bit suspect which means a lot of overs for Root to get through. It also shows how much the team misses the bowling of Stokes or an all rounder.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
We should be bringing in more youngsters. We know we'll get walloped so why not blood the kids who might just learn enough to have a better chance next time, or the time after?

BDW

Apr 15, 2023
I don’t think Wood will open the bowling, he’s in for reverse swing. Leach and Root will open. I certainly wouldn’t write off our chances before a ball is bowled.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
We should be bringing in more youngsters. We know we'll get walloped so why not blood the kids who might just learn enough to have a better chance next time, or the time after?

Not sure about that at all, let's put our strongest team out and try and win it. Nobody gave us a chance against Pakistan last winter. Our best hope of avoiding a walloping is to pick our best players.

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
Shoaib Bashir England spinner has now been granted his Indian visa and could be back with the England Test squad by the weekend.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
England 25 for 0 after 4 overs

41 for 0 after 8 overs

Last edited:

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Given that the last time I looked the 7th wicket had gone down, I expected England to be all out by the time I had gotten back from dropping my son off to school, so I was pleasantly surprised to see them still at the crease.

220-8 off 60 overs. Stokes doing Stokes stuff again. Mind you, run rate of 3.6 seems an almost traditional test match run rate by England. Not at all Bazball.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's weird to see the white kit again.
India playing in a Leeds United shirt.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat