India vs England | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

India vs England

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This must be our worst bowling 'attack' for many a year.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
If you were making a combined X1 (ignoring Kohli and Brook who both made themselves unavailable late on) - you'd have Root & Stokes, i could make an argument for one of Duckett/Crawley and maybe one of Bairstow/Foakes, but you wouldn't be selecting a single English bowler, therein lies the issue.
Broad and Anderson have been so brilliantly consistent that its hidden the fact how bare the cupboard is. Its ok picking spinners on a turning track, but when your best spinner is Joe Root, why are we picking guys to bat 8, 9 and 11. If you have average spinners, why not get Liam Dawson and Will Jacks involved, both who would bat in the top 7, or better still pick a seamer that gives you control. Even on a unresponsive pitch, i'd take Anderson bowling 12/14 overs and going at 30/35 runs and giving you control occasionally.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat
Nov 18, 2011
This must be our worst bowling 'attack' for many a year.
Agreed. We have 4 spinners and arguably the best one is a batsman who should only be bowling part time spin. Leach can keep things tight and old up an end but won't ever bowl anything that threatening. Ahmed and Hartley just don't have enough experience and are being thrown in the deep end, I pity them to be honest

Anderson's omission is strange, he's got a decent record in India and can make things happen even on pitches that don't give anything for the seamers.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
A mate just reminded me we once went into an Ashes test with Igglesden, Pringle, Capel, Small and Nick Cook as our attack, but i still think thats better than what we've landed with here.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It shows just how much we relied on Moeen, he was the one we turned to for the Ashes when Leach was injured.
No Rashid either.
Dawson is a good shout and may get a late call up.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat
Nov 18, 2011
A mate just reminded me we once went into an Ashes test with Igglesden, Pringle, Capel, Small and Nick Cook as our attack, but i still think thats better than what we've landed with here.
At least that attack was playing in England so it was in conditions that they're used to.

I just have no idea how this current attack will take 20 wickets.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
At least that attack was playing in England so it was in conditions that they're used to.

I just have no idea how this current attack will take 20 wickets.

Doubt if we will see India bat twice much in this series.

Or if they do the second innings which just be a quick blast to build an even bigger lead.

Reactions: Joe Totale