India vs England | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

India vs England

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hartley is taking some hammer. He looks really nervous.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Pretty easy for India, they have 3 world class spinners, we have none - so what sort of wicket do we expect.

Lets be clear India doctor the wickets in ICC tournaments to suit them, so they are hardly going to do anything that remotely favours us when they have complete control.
Still think there is room for a steady seamer who bowls stump to stump and makes players play around the front pad if they want to score.
If not sure their is a huge gulf in class around the batting, but the gulf in class between bowling attacks is absolutely huge.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Pretty easy for India, they have 3 world class spinners, we have none - so what sort of wicket do we expect.

Lets be clear India doctor the wickets in ICC tournaments to suit them, so they are hardly going to do anything that remotely favours us when they have complete control.
Still think there is room for a steady seamer who bowls stump to stump and makes players play around the front pad if they want to score.
If not sure their is a huge gulf in class around the batting, but the gulf in class between bowling attacks is absolutely huge.

Yep. It's so difficult to imagine us regularly taking 20 wickets for anything like a competitive score isn't it?

I feel like Jack Leach is in for an awful lot of overs this tour...

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend

It doesn't help that when teams like Somerset produce a spinning wicket they get docked points. How are our spinners meant to learn?

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm surprised Ahmed or Root haven't been used yet. It looks like Stokes is keeping Hartley bowling to boost his confidence and a chance of a wicket.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
As someone who remembers attacks that featured Ian Salisbury, Chris Schofield, i'm struggling to remember a worse bowling attack fielded by England. Of course, no Anderson (by choice which i dont agree with), no Broad (retirement), no Stokes (injury), Archer (Injury) we are going to have to be imaginative - but this is a stretch too far. Two untested spinners, a steady-ish test spinner who has missed a season with injury and an injury prone quick bowler - is the cupboard really that bare?
I've lost track of players who have retired or made themselves unavailable, clearly Moeen and Adil Rashid have, but what about others, S Curran, Liam Dawson, J Overton - are these guys just franchise players now?
I'm not sure what Kohli's personal reasons for missing the first two tests are, but if he has watched any of todays action, i'd bet my last pound he will be available for the 3rd test, for a bucket of easy runs.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
STUMPS
1st Test, Hyderabad, January 25 - 29, 2024, England tour of India
England Flag
England
India Flag
India
(23 ov) 119/1
Day 1 - India trail by 127 runs.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Root takes the 2nd wicket with the 4th ball of the day 123/2

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
My sister and brother-in-law are there and they say the atmosphere is amazing. England not so much!