investment | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

investment

B

Buddy & Muff

Pasoti - you gotta love it. The truth always comes out in the end on here. :grin:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Thats what was circulating in the lounge last night...and it was not denied....

Dec 7, 2006
pontypoolgreen":25qnol06 said:
It's going to be renamed the AEG Home Park Stadium.

Annual payment of around 800k for the rights.

There's your announcement. :lol: :lol:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the last post on page 7 - I'm surprised at you Ponty, regurgitating old news!! :lol: :wink:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
FordGreen":38sjsur9 said:
pontypoolgreen":38sjsur9 said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the last post on page 7 - I'm surprised at you Ponty, regurgitating old news!! :lol: :wink:

But you..., oh nevermind. :)

Mar 9, 2009
pontypoolgreen":18nyi367 said:

But who gets the 800 grand?

And is it conditional on the 'big' project going ahead - you know the one that involves acres of land not even owbned by the football club.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I just hope that AEG does not stand for Argyle Extinction Group!

Obviously the Entertainments Group have a track record and they must know what they are doing. I just hope that both the business model and the logistics stand up to it.

A

Anonymous

It is indisputable that AEG are one of the top players in the entertainment industry. I wonder if the rumoured £800k for the first year for naming rights is not dependent on the outcome of the World Cup bid four weeks today. If England are successful (and it looks as though we are not as confident as we once were - see the BBC report regarding the impact of the Sunday Times exposure on the FIFA delegates) then AEG would have three years naming rights exposure until FIFA made the final decision on venues. They would of course use that time to shape up the nature and deliverability of the enhanced World Cup stadium.

However, if England were not successful then can you imagine that AEG would be associated with a 27,500 capacity stadium (at best) or a three quarter finished stadium with a deteriorating grandstand with a current capacity of around 16,000 (at worst) when they have a choice of many other stadiums in more populated areas to ply their trade Not much there for your £800k a year.

A

argylelc

Ottawa Green":3tii8q5k said:
So that's BWP paid for the next 2 years at 8k a week :)

same subject I keep banging on about, but wont the 800k go to the property business, as they own (or will own) the stadium. So not sure any of this would go to the football side of the business (we are just a tenant)...

will await the official news, but not going to jump for joy just yet!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Milehouse Man":1f0bhz4b said:
It is indisputable that AEG are one of the top players in the entertainment industry. I wonder if the rumoured £800k for the first year for naming rights is not dependent on the outcome of the World Cup bid four weeks today. If England are successful (and it looks as though we are not as confident as we once were - see the BBC report regarding the impact of the Sunday Times exposure on the FIFA delegates) then AEG would have three years naming rights exposure until FIFA made the final decision on venues. They would of course use that time to shape up the nature and deliverability of the enhanced World Cup stadium.

However, if England were not successful then can you imagine that AEG would be associated with a 27,500 capacity stadium (at best) or a three quarter finished stadium with a deteriorating grandstand with a current capacity of around 16,000 (at worst) when they have a choice of many other stadiums in more populated areas to ply their trade Not much there for your £800k a year.

True, but what could be important to AEG is having a concert venue in the South West. The World Cup is the obvious money spinner but a 27,000 capacity stadium (without the World Cup) might still appeal to AEG.
Don't forget, at most other football stadiums any profit from concerts etc usually go to the football club, at Home Park the profit is likely to go to HPPL and AEG and not to the football club.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
They'd indirectly be buying advertising space also. Every time a band is touring all the papers etc. carry the lists of venues, so the words "The AEG Home Park Stadium" would appear many times.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
pontypoolgreen":xfwid35u said:
Peverell Pete":xfwid35u said:
pontypoolgreen":xfwid35u said:

And is it conditional on the 'big' project going ahead - you know the one that involves acres of land not even owbned by the football club.

I will try and find out this weekend, must write all these questions down. :)

You won't like the truthful answer.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
pontypoolgreen":o1xbcrud said:
sharkbait":o1xbcrud said:
Peverell Pete":o1xbcrud said:

I will try and find out this weekend, must write all these questions down. :)

You won't like the truthful answer.

Tell us more then.

Well as it's been pointed out so many times, why would the landlord of any premises give the tenants a share of any incoming money, doesn't make very good business sense does it.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
TinTin":36zbto4u said:
Greenblooded1":36zbto4u said:
So the the line we were told about developing the ground to bring additional revenue streams into the club, which would help sustain a higher quality team were blox then. No surprise really is it.

Tip of the iceberg, mate :)

Keep the Faith :D

Have you decided to tell anyone the big secret yet?
come on were all waiting. :)