Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

E

Electronic

Can't believe people are coo'ing at 100K. Jervis is a good player who scores important goals. Would be hard to replace as a forward option.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
He would be a player I'd offer a contract to in the summer. I don't disagree with those saying £100k is a reasonable amount of money for a player who's only got 6 months left, but we don't know what's around the corner in terms of injuries and form to key players. If we can secure a similar player on loan for 6 months then fine, but I think he's comfortably the best player we have waiting in the wings should the need arise.

Mar 23, 2008
Would be a big loss and has to be worth more than £100k in this market, really hope he stays.

Feb 15, 2005
If we let him go and get a loan player who might be recalled by the parent club then we have a gaping hole in our squad should RT have an injury. Ifs and buts I know and I think we need a permanent replacement if we can find one of course.

Aug 15, 2015
To let him go would be madness. He's at worst a good 22 man squad player at this level. Very good option to have. 100k is peanuts and player turnover would be huge if we start getting rid of players like Jervis at 100k.

Will struggle to find an equivalent replacement for 100k.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
If not for his contract length remaining would get a lot more for him, 100k isn't really enough for him. I rate him as a good squad player...Would be happy to see him sign an extension. As said though...100k is better than 0 if he's already stated he won't be staying.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
I would reject £100k unless a very decent replacement is also coming in.

£100k is really not a lot these days for a 26 year old, fast, tall striker/winger who can score goals.

Plus Jake's my 8yo daughter's fav Argyle player and she'd be gutted to see him leave!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’d bite there hand off.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Why would we let one of our BEST and underrated players go for £100k ????

Should be one of the first names on the team sheet IMHO
Can't understand why he has been dropped recently and is a great all rounder to have in the squad.

Couldn't replace what he offers for £250k so hopefully we don't sell and weaken the squad when we NEED to STRENGTHEN it FFS

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He’s not consistently one of our better players thou is he?

Is he was he’d be starting games.

He’s a squad player that can have an impact, granted but not as awesome as you try and make out.

Jan 27, 2012
Argyle were paying well over £100K for players over 30 years ago.

Jervis has a knack for scoring goals, which is more than can be said for some of our players.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
In an ideal world, I would keep him as he has given good service to date and remains a good option in more than one position.

However, if we want to be pushing for the Championship, I am not convinced he is the future and losing his place in the team suggests that he is only an option in the present rather than the starter he must want to be.

It's probably a year earlier than we'd have chosen but, IF he's out of contract in the summer, IF he wants to go and IF there is money on the table, we would probably be best to move on and plan ahead.

I'd like him to stay but, if not, he goes with my best wishes.

Aug 22, 2006
I like him and he is a very good option to have. If we decide to sell him we certainly need a replacement, possibly 2 as I was always expecting +1 incoming before anyone left (hopefully a midfielder.) Presumably those who are miffed off at the 100k fee must have fallen off their chairs when Hourihane left us for a measly sum of 200k (and add-ons?) Yes 100k is low in the modern game. I'd say 200k for Jake is much more realistic especially as his contract is up in the summer. However Hourihane is a far better player, Jake won't disagree with that. Hourihane has gone on to represent his country and no doubt will be playing in the premier league soon earning 50k a week. So maybe we are learning to play the game a bit. I reckon if Derek doesn't have anyone lined up he'll ask them to double it and only then will he think about it. Until then whilst it makes sense for Jake to return to his roots it doesn't make sense for Argyle... unless there's something in it for us!

Jun 24, 2008
I would turn it down. I want him to stay, good player. Very useful and worth more than 100k imo.