Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

Aug 5, 2016
oddball":e7qdu2lv said:
£100k or £125k versus nothing in the summer....

Is this the same Jervis that played two seasons for us in League Two and has always been the first to agree terms on a new contract? I hardly think he's going to be forcing his way out in the summer when he's settled.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A replacement is a must.

Jul 9, 2015
Huge increase in attendance this season, significant trimming of the wage bill this window, so where exactly is the surplus being invested because it certainly doesn't seem to be in the team?

Sorry to see Jervis leave he seems to have improved each and every season he's been here. With limited game time recently since the formation tweaks can't blame him at all for moving on.

A

ArgyleLuka

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand on his day he can be a world beater, flashbacks to THAT finish against Carlisle in his first season. On the other he can be occassionaly lazy and get in wee strops ( reminds me of Banton at times). However this is not a frequent occurrence. I genuinely believe he doesn't rate himself as highly as he should and will he really get game time at Luton with the likes of Collins and Hylton tearing that league to bits. I genuinely don't know how to feel about it unless Derek can bring in a gem in the remaining hours. A bit of cash splashed would be nice however it's obviously unlikey.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Biggs":1kli1eu5 said:
He has to want to go though. Would he?

Yes. According to Beren Cross, Argyle were listening to offers for £100k, but £125k triggers the release clause. Decision down to the player though, has to be.

Apr 29, 2016
Army green":222mbhnw said:
Shame, jervis gives us options, he’s a decent player and now our squad and is looking a lot weaker. I suppose it’s money in the coffers that will never be reinvested into the playing squad. Cheers for your excellent service in a green shirt JJ.

Hear hear. But as for weaker I don’t think so, the window hasn’t closed yet either!

Aug 22, 2006
Tugboat":1uvzd1gc said:
A replacement is a must.
Yeah I agree. All it takes is an injury to Church or Taylor and we are yet again lacking fire power up front. It’s going to be a busy few hours for Derek and co.

Mar 23, 2008
Amazed if this happens as if so with him and Toums gone, despite the incoming players we look weaker all round. Church has yet to prove his fitness and leaves us seriously light up top yet alone a good quality player who has been key to our success in recent seasons going.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Deacster":1lj3hdb1 said:
Amazed if this happens as if so with him and Toums gone, despite the incoming players we look weaker all round. Church has yet to prove his fitness and leaves us seriously light up top yet alone a good quality player who has been key to our success in recent seasons going.

Agree with this, we've also sadly lost Edwards. The team/squad does look weaker at this stage.
Jervis leaving is a big blow, when fit he usually starts or is the first sub - our number 12 when chasing a game.
He's provided plenty of goals and assists over the last 2 and half years, it would be difficult to replace that plus his pace and work rate.

Sep 19, 2015
Take the cash and run! I wonder if with the increased attention Jervis has recieved today we have a plan to replace him? Doubt it, this is Argyle

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yes, we’ve just been so badly run the last few years haven’t we?

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Joe Mason is still available with Wolves wanting to send him out on loan. Not one of these to want every ex player back, but he'd be a great replacement for JJ.

Nov 22, 2006
I can't believe we have got rid of so many attacking options without getting anyone else in, our squad is actually looking a bit thin to me without any incoming if Jervis comes in as well